Carroll indicates C-Mike will make the 53

nategreat

Reaction score
bigwrm":hxqleu3l said:
NorthDallas40oz":hxqleu3l said:
I don't find that quote by PC to be in any way indicative of anything regarding Christine Michael.

The full quote is much more revealing:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/635911507025354753[/tweet]

Bingo. Based on this, Michael is easily above those two in Pete's eyes, no question.... well okay, maybe a bit of a question but I don't think so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
austinslater25":l1zhyn05 said:
There was never any chance of Michael getting cut. He's too talented to give up on especially with possibly one year left with Lynch. Turbin, Rawls, Smith all look good at times but I don't think the staff views any of them as a Lynch replacement. Michael is the only one with that type of potential. It's cheap to keep him one more year to see if he improves and his payoff is huge, why would you give up on that? I never understood the cut talk with him.
This. He's obviously learned the one thing that kept him off the field or that wasn't him in Kansas City absolutely destroying guys in passpro?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Pete is going to keep him then I would hope he would get a shot at being #2 behind Lynch.

cacksman

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ouvzuf5 said:
austinslater25":2ouvzuf5 said:
There was never any chance of Michael getting cut. He's too talented to give up on especially with possibly one year left with Lynch. Turbin, Rawls, Smith all look good at times but I don't think the staff views any of them as a Lynch replacement. Michael is the only one with that type of potential. It's cheap to keep him one more year to see if he improves and his payoff is huge, why would you give up on that? I never understood the cut talk with him.
This. He's obviously learned the one thing that kept him off the field or that wasn't him in Kansas City absolutely destroying guys in passpro?

Michael has fumbled 3x in the preseason and simpletons want him off the team. They point to his reluctance to switch ball carrying hands, even though perennial pro bowler Shady McCoy doesn't even do so.

Elite rushing ability cannot be coached. Learning to pass block, not fumble the ball can be.

chris98251

Reaction score
cacksman":kk9xi8fj said:
MizzouHawkGal":kk9xi8fj said:
austinslater25":kk9xi8fj said:

Michael has fumbled 3x in the preseason and simpletons want him off the team. They point to his reluctance to switch ball carrying hands, even though perennial pro bowler Shady McCoy doesn't even do so.

Elite rushing ability cannot be coached. Learning to pass block, not fumble the ball can be.

2yrs and counting, maybe he has learning disabilities and needs Adderall prescribed.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":26m9wytt said:
2yrs and counting, maybe he has learning disabilities and needs Adderall prescribed.

It is overblown though.

The two fumbles last year- Michael did everything 100% right, but a player got a helmet right on the football when Michael was inches off the ground and miraculously popped it out. Carroll said after both fumbles that Michael did everything right and that it was crappy luck.

The fumble that happened this year happened as he was transferring the ball to the outside, the defender saw him transferring the ball and karate chopped. Michael actually had two hands on the ball but I guess he hadn't completed the transfer 100% yet. This one is on Michael because he should have transferred a moment sooner and perhaps with more skill, but it wouldn't have happened if not for the defender making a great, heady play. Like when ET karate chopped that fumble in the Rams game.

The non-fumble in the KC game was Michael reaching out for an extra foot when he didn't need to. That was dumb and deserves a degree of criticism, even if it didn't result in a real fumble.

None of these are your classic fumbles that you would associate with a RB who has a fumbling problem (holding the ball loose like RG3 does, etc). To be fair, there have been many times in the past when Michael got away with mistakes and didn't fumble, but that said I do think he's showing some growth with ball security this year.

His protection seems to have improved by leaps and bounds.

It's funny that you mention Adderall, I was just thinking how Michael's biggest remaining problem is probably how he loses focus sometimes.