Carroll is excited about LT Isaiah Battle

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete is talking like a coach.

Battle = inactive for two games. Anyone suspect it won't be three after this weekend?

mikeak

Reaction score
The advantage with the worst O-line is that we can be impressed with a guy that wouldn't make any other team....

xStickybudz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ev2txnu said:
Alright...which shameless .NET member was this?

21463224_1453919211352888_5862472603895520987_n.jpg

There isn't enough +1s to give to this lol

DJrmb

Reaction score
How many times have we heard them being excited about Olinemen in practice? Not trying to be a downer here, of course I hope the best for any and all Seahawks at every position. However, maybe they should be going the opposite of what they think they see in practices and start someone that should be good but doesn't look as good in practice? This feels a little bit like more of the same if they end up throwing Battle in at LT because he looks good in practice...

edogg23

Reaction score
Please don't catch him up on the system Pete. Put him out there before Cable has a chance to ruin him.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seymour":groamozx said:
massari":groamozx said:
Hopefully Battle in for Odhiambo this week is one of the changes in offense PC is talking about....and Pocic in for Glowinski.

If Pocic is moved up, we will see a roster move getting Hunt back to the 53 first.

Doubtful.

mikeak

Reaction score
edogg23":2o2od4dm said:
Please don't catch him up on the system Pete. Put him out there before Cable has a chance to ruin him.

Probably why Pocic isn't playing. He actually knows some OL play so it takes quite awhile to untrain him.... :stirthepot:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
He was also excited about Drew Nowak.

The approach to this OL is infuriating. Won't pay TJ Lang but you bet your ass we'll give Joeckel $8M. Does anyone believe there is a legitimate plan in place for the OL? If there is, I don't see it.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Does it seem weird to anyone else that we essentially have 3 LTs on the roster: Odhiambo, Tobin, and Battle. Or should we call them draft disappointment, veteran journeyman, and wouldn't it be cool if he works out guy. And then, we have our starting LT who is on IR, Mr. "I think he might actually work out".

Battle seems like a guy they'd prefer to have on the practice squad but don't think he'd make it. Same thing with Jordan Roos.

Ugh.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The fact that he played the sport in college already gives him more experience than Fant, and Pete didn't hesitate to crown him. Put the man out there already. Even if he gets beat 90% of the time, it'll be a lateral move, but with more upside.

Seymour

Reaction score
For those that don't believe this is just sunshine being blown your way....please take a moment to listen to Shermans latest press conference. He calls out Pete for exaggerating about his injury (in a kind way), and pretty much says that's just Pete.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
NJlargent":4xcz50t7 said:
massari":4xcz50t7 said:
Wonder why the Rams and Chiefs gave up on him so quick?

Because he is a late round tackle who did not impress anyone to be picked early. Therefore only our people would be excited about him. We are always excited about all of these linemen, but none of them are ever any good.

Actually I believe he could have been a first round pick if he went back to school and didn't have off field issues.

I was happy when the Rams nabbed him, but it quickly became apparent he wasn't in football shape (I believe he was suspended by Clemson).

He's a good developmental pickup IMO because he has the tools....the Rams had neither the culture nor patience to mold him...plus I think Fisher was panicking with the OL issues and knew his days were numbered....zero patience at that point.

Although tbh, it's all potential at this point. He never showed anything with the Rams, even in preseason - although again, not the best coaching staff or situation to draw from on that.

HawkerD

Reaction score
If PC is praising an O-linman that should be enough to turn on the red light and sirens. The guy simply cannot evaluate NFL caliber O-line talent. He wouldn't know it if Joe Thomas kicked him square in the nut sack. Is it really possible to have this many misses if you are not the Browns or Jets????????????

Moffit
Carpenter
Sweezy (drafted as a DT)
Sokolki (drafted as a DT)
Britt
Garrett Scott (OK he had a medical condition)
Glowinski
Poole
Hunt
Odhiambo
Ifedi
Senior
Pocic

razor150

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1w78r81f said:
He was also excited about Drew Nowak.

The approach to this OL is infuriating. Won't pay TJ Lang but you bet your ass we'll give Joeckel $8M. Does anyone believe there is a legitimate plan in place for the OL? If there is, I don't see it.

Don't forget, we had Jahri Evans before cutting him, and then he went back to the Saints and had a pretty good year. There is seriously something messed up with our evaluation process that cuts Evans and pays Joeckel $8M.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I ignore everything PC/JS/TC say about the OL I don't believe they know what they're doing when it comes to the OL and the biggest indicator is that they have to start over every year.

ex - going back to 2016

If they weren't going to keep Garry beyond 2016 why not play Ifedi at RT from beginning and take the lumps, they were taking them with GG anyway. But instead they play Ifedi at guard which he wasn't even good at. This could have been his 2nd yr at tackle (2016 wasted).

They let Glow play LG in 2016 and then move him to RG in 2017 (2016 wasted).

They bring Evans in and then cut him, why? He could have been the RG in 2016 and maybe 2017. If they don't re-sign Evans then you pay Lang what it takes to get him and not Joeckel.

You waste a boat load of money on Joeckel who was coming off injury, terrible and adding him means Glow has to move positions.

The 2017 line could've started as Fant/RO - Glow - Britt - Evans/Lang - Ifedi. Fant, Ifedi and Glow all entering 2017 with a year experience at the same position. Instead four of the five are in new positions. Doesn't make sense.

It's clear they don't know what they're doing and have no mid/long term plan.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
They need to bring in a consultant with a track record of evaluating OL.

I've seen teams revamp an offensive line in a couple of seasons without spending a ton of money.

Probably sign a right guard and draft a couple of tackles.