Carroll needs to call out the officials

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2rr4qk6h said:
Seymour":2rr4qk6h said:
Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:

I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"
Oh, you caught that eh?
Dishonest Officiating will only stop when the threat of losing money & viewership hits the NFL in the pocket$.
The Cards got away with BLATANT HOLDING on both Offense & Defense....Think I'm bullshitting?, re-watch, and focus on JUST THE CARDS....It's disgusting.
The old saying should have applied TO BOTH SIDES here---> "You Can Just About Call Holding On Every Play"
Too damned many INJURIES to go along with the one sided INSULTING penalties.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2d7bh9hn said:
TwistedHusky":2d7bh9hn said:
He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.
IF he complains, it will fall on deaf ears.
The NFL Powers that be are SHAPING games so they don't become blowouts.
What the DUMBASSES fail to realize, is that the viewers aren't so stupid, that the can't see right through their charade.
I quit watching phony wrestling when I was about 10 Years old because the acting by the Referee's and the wrestlers had gotten so blatantly absurd, that it became unwatchable.
People hate being played for fools, and by their attempts at shaping & FIXING games, they are risking losing viewership and in the end, could very well end up biting the NFL in the A$$.
I'm not interested in who the >>NFL<< WANTS to win it all.

I agree. You're 100% correct Scutterhawk....the evidence was last night. The referees made this about evening the playing field for the Cards. This was to make the TNF a main attraction for the night since it was a national broadcast. No one will watch a blowout. Therefore, they knew going into the game, the Seahawks were the better team so they wanted to even the chances for the Cards. I could tell what refs agenda was as soon as the deep pass to Lockett (which was catchable) wasn't called a PI on the Cards safety. The dude hit him a good 2 seconds before the ball even got there. I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell didn't call the refs prior to the game and tell to try to even the game up a bit. It's all about the Benjamins and ratings.

By the way, Walt Anderson is one of the worst referees in the league and it seems each Seahawk game he officiates is terrible. He's got a stick up his ass against the Seahawks for some reason. He should be permanently banned from officiating any game the Seahawks play. I'd rather Bill Leavy ref another Seahawk game than Walt Anderson.

potatohead

Reaction score
Seymour":2nxyf8yi said:
potatohead":2nxyf8yi said:
Seymour":2nxyf8yi said:
Hawkpower":2nxyf8yi said:
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.

My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.

Did you watch the game?

In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.

Did you have help with your user name? :roll:

The rest of that....I'm not going to repeat myself again.

The rebuttal of a five year old. Well done.

Seymour

Reaction score
potatohead":24r17z04 said:

Orrrr.....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?

potatohead

Reaction score
Seymour":2qd5rru3 said:
potatohead":2qd5rru3 said:

I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe in conspiracy crap at all. However, after last night, I truly believe they were trying to keep that game close. Give me a break, ticky tack crap on 3rd down stops over and over again. Roughing the passer when he's throwing the ball? Wrong. Hands to the face on Lane? Wrong. PI on Shaq? Wrong. No facemask on Wilson on 3rd down of the first drive?? Wrong. Spread was around 6? Coincidence? I doubt it at this point. Yet ANOTHER game that the Hawks flat out dominated, only to have the Zebras keep it close. :roll:

potatohead

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3uwfas5w said:
I don't believe in conspiracy crap at all. However, after last night, I truly believe they were trying to keep that game close. Give me a break, ticky tack crap on 3rd down stops over and over again. Roughing the passer when he's throwing the ball? Wrong. Hands to the face on Lane? Wrong. PI on Shaq? Wrong. No facemask on Wilson on 3rd down of the first drive?? Wrong. Spread was around 6? Coincidence? I doubt it at this point. Yet ANOTHER game that the Hawks flat out dominated, only to have the Zebras keep it close. :roll:

but but but 12-9 :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
potatohead":12ojjzvt said:
Seymour":12ojjzvt said:
potatohead":12ojjzvt said:

I was absolutely a legitimate question because your ridiculous assertion that because the penalties ended up 12-9 somehow means the game was called fairly insinuates that you did not watch the game.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? The post I responded to said only one side was getting flagged!!
I said both sides were and showed that. I said we had BS calls, I said they missed some like all games, I said expect them because we are on record pace for penalties.

No it wasn't "a legit question".

Mad Dog":12ojjzvt said:
....only one side was getting flagged.

Seymour":12ojjzvt said:
I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":3k6sj7lq said:
potatohead":3k6sj7lq said:
potatohead":3k6sj7lq said:

Do you have reading comprehension issues? The post I responded to said only one side was getting flagged!!
I said both sides were and showed that. I said we had BS calls, I said they missed some like all games, I said expect them because we are on record pace for penalties.

Mad Dog":3k6sj7lq said:

I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.

That Seattle is on a record pace for penalties is part of the point. Chicken and egg. Yes some of that is dumb mistakes (Ifedi, et all) but some of that is referee bias which should not exist, regardless of our style of play. You keep bringing that up as if it's ok for referee's to punish Seattle's aggressive play. Uh, why?

Regardless of what you were responding to with your weird 12-9 comment, you sure seem to be arguing that people shouldnt be upset today regarding the officiating. If inconsistent and seemingly suspicious refereeing isnt called out, then crap like last night will continue to take place. Im not ok with it, and you really shouldnt be either. That was a sham.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Their first touchdown "drive" was aided by 3 or 4 magically called penalties on 3RD DOWN. Not a coincidence.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkpower":77bxd3bj said:
Seymour":77bxd3bj said:
potatohead":77bxd3bj said:

Mad Dog":77bxd3bj said:

That Seattle is on a record pace for penalties is part of the point. Chicken and egg. Yes some of that is dumb mistakes (Ifedi, et all) but some of that is referee bias which should not exist, regardless of our style of play. You keep bringing that up as if it's ok for referee's to punish Seattle's aggressive play. Uh, why?

Regardless of what you were responding to with your weird 12-9 comment, you sure seem to be arguing that people shouldnt be upset today regarding the officiating. If inconsistent and seemingly suspicious refereeing isnt called out, then crap like last night will continue to take place. Im not ok with it, and you really shouldnt be either. That was a sham.

So many with reading problems today!

.....I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.

Do you understand what Fair? No... Means?

Do you understand what Fair? No... Means?

They are not intentionally penalizing us as some grand conspiracy. They are looking for penalties because of reputation, and people will find what they are looking for....ie they will make more mistakes. And if they are watching us, they are NOT watching them as well.

We did this...

chris98251

Reaction score
Why in the post game a question was asked about officiating and Pete said he would not talk about it and didn't want a fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No real way to prove who is right. It just seems way too convenient that most of the calls are on 3rd down stops. Or after a big play by the offense.

jman316

Reaction score
Seymour":1crqkxa6 said:
My opinion is correct.

I've noticed you've said that same thing in numerous threads... you do you understand what an "opinion" is, right?

o·pin·ion
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but not to go around proclaiming that yours' is always right.

Something is goofy with the way our games are being officiated. There are too many ticky-tack calls against us that are not being called on our opponent. On the Cardinals' drive that was enabled by officials, there were several egregious calls that seemed like they were made in order to ensure the prime time, nationally televised game was made to seem more competitive.

But that's just my opinion :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
jman316":25yj1gos said:
Seymour":25yj1gos said:
My opinion is correct.

I've noticed you've said that same thing in numerous threads... you do you understand what an "opinion" is, right?

o·pin·ion
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Do you? :roll:
Not necessarily based on fact means it may or may not be. It is a fact the other team was penalized 9 times, that is the correct fact I was based on in the original point.

Also, please show me these "numerous threads" you've seen me post this. Or how bout just one?

jman316

Reaction score
My bad. Just tired of the pissing matches on .NET. Nobody ever wants to be wrong or concede that someone else might be right. Truth is, we're all wrong and right at the same time. We can all pretend we know what we're talking about, but if we all knew half of what is claimed on here, we'd all be working in a front office somewhere.

The 12 vs. 9 argument just doesn't hold water. You've got to look at the context in which those penalties were called. How many of those 9 called on AZ were on punts or kickoffs? How many called on us were on 3rd down and gifted AZ a 1st or killed a potential scoring drive?

Whatever it is, bias, incompetency, conspiracy or a combination of them all.. something stinks with NFL officiating.

mikeak

Reaction score
The face mask on Bennet was 100% correct. It looks like a bad call in realtime but Bennet's hand slides up from the shoulder and grabs the face mask. Go look at it somewhere - I ran it back and it was clear as day

Fumble - tired of discussing this with people who can't / don't want to understand the rules. You may dislike the rule but the receiver was never upright