Lucas to IR

Yxes1122

Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see how Waldron compensates.

More quick game from Empty? Or maybe more 12 personnel UC/Pistol and lean on Walker?

This is bad news.

kidhawk

Reaction score
With the signing of 2 tackles to the PS and 2 more signed today, it doesn't look good for us in that position. We need these new guys to be able to get up to speed and fast. We also need Waldron to work up a game plan to work around this glaring weak spot we now have in what was supposed to be a state of the art offense

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah, the news doesn't seem great for Cross either. Really poor way to start a season, but at least we'll get to see whether the OC and Geno can step up to the challenge.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I thought the defense would be the side that held the team back, but hey, the offense will do well like last year and keep us in contention. Now, with both tackles temporarily in shitter, who can we rely on to keep the team going ? I'm really not usually a doom and gloom guy. After all, I became a fan in 92 and lived through the 90's Seahawks, so I know the pain of sucking. But damn, after just one week i feel like we are friggin doomed this year. Hopefully the new fill ins will keep things ok until Cross and Lucas get back and it's just my frustration over reacting.

renofox

Reaction score
...We also need Waldron to work up a game plan to work around this glaring weak spot we now have in what was supposed to be a state of the art offense
That would be a first.

What's that saying about "wish in one hand and...".

I think we'll probably see a lot of what's in the other hand.

Jville

Reaction score
Carrol revealed this week that Lucas will have surgery. We will have to wait for a post surgery assessment to get an idea as to how long his rehab will be.

It's a shame. I was anticipating the growth of an improved blocking game out of the right side.

Looking forward, never-the-less, to seeing what Jake Curhan does with his opportunity. Jake may not have as good of feet as Lucas for the passing game, but he can get nasty with the run game. Geno may have to step up in the pocket more. But that is an adjustment Geno made last year.

Looking forward to Sunday's game.

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Update from the franchise's site:

The Seahawks will head to Detroit this weekend without both of their starting tackles, as Charles Cross has been ruled out due to a toe injury, and Abraham Lucas is on injured reserve for a knee injury that Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said will require a "procedure" in the coming days.

Yup, hawks are down both starting offensive tackles.
(Dang it)