Carroll Out As Head Coach

Welshers2

Reaction score
The only silver lining is that he's stay as an advisor. This means they must make a splashy hire or bust. I really hope they know what they're doing. SHOCKING AND SAD

rjdriver

Reaction score
Human beings are strange. I have been clamoring for a long time for Pete to be replaced.

Yet, the moment I heard the news, I was more sad than overjoyed. It's the right decision, it's the decision I wanted, but I'm a bit melancholic right now.

Weird I guess.

Thanks Pete and Go Hawks!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Even though I think it was the the right thing to do and I wanted it its still a little sad that the best era of Seahawks football is over. I'll miss Pete in a lot of ways and this period. Excited to see what's next though too obviously.
Agreed, I felt it was past time but I still appreciate what he accomplished. He deserves to be remembered as the best coach we have had because he was. He just held on for a little too long. He is a competitor and its natural.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The past couple weeks looked like a guy who was just finishing out a season to enjoy his career. He wasn't very critical of things that in any normal situation a coach would be furious about, ambiguous 'we just gotta get it fixed' answers, etc.

VERY curious who Seahawks brass has in mind for this job. They got some nice pieces to build around, I hope they bring in a young offensive minded HC who hires a DC from college to run the show.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Even though I think it was the the right thing to do and I wanted it its still a little sad that the best era of Seahawks football is over. I'll miss Pete in a lot of ways and this period. Excited to see what's next though too obviously.
I needed a retirement tour, man. I wanted a season to process things.

This is so sudden. I mean, I guess it isn't, but it still feels that way with no real hint that it was happening other than speculation and body language.

I think he knew this was it, and he was only going to stay if ownership needed him to for some reason.