Carroll Out As Head Coach

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I maintain my view that Pete is currently a top 15 HC. I hope his replacement will see us once again become a team capable of going deep into the play-offs and having a decent chance of the play-offs, I fear in 12 months time after a 5-12 season we start to realise "Fire Pete" wasn't the solution it was cracked up to be.
Strange to see everyone acting like they've got post-nut-regret over this whole situation. Everyone who got their long-time dream suddenly isn't quite as celebratory of this rapturous blessing as expected.

It's a different conversation when you have to confront the feeling of uncertainty that none of us have had to acknowledge for close to 15 years.

As it turns out, a near-guarantee of a floor of .500? Valuable thing. Many other fans of more typical organizations would kill for it.

Lots of cool possibilities coming up here, but walking along a tightrope feels a little different when you pull the safety net from under it. I think that's sinking in for everyone.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Strange to see everyone acting like they've got post-nut-regret over this whole situation. Everyone who got their long-time dream suddenly isn't quite as celebratory of this rapturous blessing as expected.

It's a different conversation when you have to confront the feeling of uncertainty that none of us have had to acknowledge for close to 15 years.

As it turns out, a near-guarantee of a floor of .500? Valuable thing. Many other fans of more typical organizations would kill for it.

Lots of cool possibilities coming up here, but walking along a tightrope feels a little different when you pull the safety net from under it. I think that's sinking in for everyone.
None of that from me. The uncertainty has become a necessity. Has been for a while. It has been way too long since this team has provided the regular entertainment and excitement I crave from my team. I would take the 90s again for a chance at something great over the mired-in mediocracy mess this team has become. The extreme likelihood is that this team would continue to be exactly what it has been for nearly a decade if Pete was allowed to continue. I am just hoping that some of the championship culture he built in the organization is still present so the next guy doesn't have to start from scratch like he did.

I am excited for next season in a way I haven't been since 2015 or so.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If Sherman can go to the Niners, Harbaugh can come here. We'd learn to like him. Guaranteed he'd get to and win a playoff game in his FIRST YEAR here.
Speaking of Sherm, he actually thinks Harbs stays in Michigan. I hope he’s right. GoBlue! 〽️💙💙💙💙

PateratoWilson

Reaction score

I see what you’re saying here but I’m posting here in between parading in the street! This was a NEEDED day for the franchise. Pete did us great but it’s time to go. .500 is great if that’s what we’re basing success on but I’m willing to risk a few sub years for a new look, approach, and feel. It’s time for a “start over”. I’m pumped this happened and with this roster and proper coach I don’t see under .500 for a bit.

xray

Reaction score
As far as the next HC goes ; we have no say ; so let's be glad that changes will be made . The changes could be good , bad , or better ; but they will definately be refreshing for a change .

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sounds like JS is running the coaching search and had actually been reviewing options for the past 1-2 months in case this were to happen. Pete definitely sounded more like this may happen but I really think he was expecting another shot. Staying loyal to one of his guys in Hurtt probably his undoing.

Big, big shoes to fill for whoever comes in. This can't just be a good play caller. This person needs to be a LEADER who is ready to go against two of the best coaches in the NFL in your division. Ideally you want to match the trend of the NFL and get a young, offensive minded guy but someone like Mike MacDonald in Baltimore is intriguing. He's incredibly smart and just listening to his press conferences oozes confidence.
Great point regarding Clint Hurtt. I was thinking about Pete Carroll's loyalty and belief In the guys he had under him and whether that ultimately was his demise.
I have to think that Hurtt and the lack of an effective defense was the cause.
The offensive line was never properly addressed either. Pete had several seasons to fix these things and it never happened.

Ozzy

Reaction score

I think it’s people being respectful and also acknowledging that a lot of lives are changed when stuff like this happens. I don’t get the feeling at all that people are second guessing it, I think people are adults and understand the situation. I was and I’m still 100% that this was the right decision.

CactusJack

Reaction score
The news keeps getting even better!

The Seahawks have informed ALL of the coaches to look for jobs elsewhere.

If Pete had any power left, you know he would be keeping some of his guys.

Clean slate!
My gut says Dan Quinn is the guy. So, we might end up with one of Pete's guys. ;)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete stated he wants to keep coaching just a couple of days ago. Jody fired him in a politically correct way.

If he gets an offer he will take it. Will anyone offer is the question?
I just had a thought. Could anyone see Pete going back to NCAA for one last hurrah ? Pumped and jacked ?

flv2

Reaction score
The easy thing would have been to let Carroll have 1 last year with his choice of coaches. This was the hard thing, but it's the right thing. I didn't think they'd do it.

Latest posts