Carroll says "we're randomly going about our substitutions"

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1qekdbs1 said:
Good lord. You couldn't have interpreted Pete's quote any more incorrectly. Congratulations.

You sir, owe me an apology ;)

You just trashed me in another thread too this morning... some people need to learn to critically think about what I'm saying before just dismissing it because it's not what they like to hear.

I don't sugar coat my analysis AT ALL which gives me a distinct advantage over the majority of fans and local media who won't even consider a thought process unless it's conceived in Rainbow Wonderland ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Tokadub":2n4abms2 said:
pocketprotector":2n4abms2 said:
Good lord. You couldn't have interpreted Pete's quote any more incorrectly. Congratulations.

You sir, owe me an apology ;)

You just trashed me in another thread too this morning... some people need to learn to critically think about what I'm saying before just dismissing it because it's not what they like to hear.

I don't sugar coat my analysis AT ALL which gives me a distinct advantage over the majority of fans and local media who won't even consider a thought process unless it's conceived in Rainbow Wonderland ;)

Glad your so humble, the rest of us sugar cookies here can only pray they see the light.

RiverDog

Reaction score
dusktreader":1tw5aa3d said:
Hawk Strap":1tw5aa3d said:
River dog sniffed this one out. I owe him a beer.

Yeah, in hindsight, that answer from Pete was really evasive...even more than usual. The random factor in their substitutions was Percy waffling like a toddler over whether or not to do his job.

With all due appreciation for your acknowledgement, I didn't sniff this one out. Tokadub is the one that first picked up on it. I merely took his observation and expanded on it. And you guys do owe him an apology. I don't know him from Adam, but he sure had this one pegged and was bold enough to venture a minority opinion. The guy has balls.

I was against this trade from the get go and took a severe beating in several other forums for my position regarding Percy Harvin, even got my arse banned in one of them due to my attitude towards him. I'm glad to see that this forum is a bit more objective and can see things without looking through tinted eyeshades.

But I will allow anyone to buy me a beer, so long as I'm provided the honor of returning the favor. :D

sutz

Reaction score
I have a little different take on Pete's comment. Regardless of Harvin's playing or not, or willingness, to me it sounds like Pete's staff makes a committment to not telegraph play calling through personnel changes. It's kind of a "we play our game plan regardless of who's in there" statement.

Unfortunately, we didn't seem to have that with PH. It seemed like every time he was lined up, he somehow HAD to be involved in the play, and it skewed our normal philosophy away from what won us a SB last year. I won't say I'm happy to see him go, but if we get back to Seahawks football after the trade, I'm fine with it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
sutz":18pmsikm said:
I have a little different take on Pete's comment. Regardless of Harvin's playing or not, or willingness, to me it sounds like Pete's staff makes a committment to not telegraph play calling through personnel changes. It's kind of a "we play our game plan regardless of who's in there" statement.

Unfortunately, we didn't seem to have that with PH. It seemed like every time he was lined up, he somehow HAD to be involved in the play, and it skewed our normal philosophy away from what won us a SB last year. I won't say I'm happy to see him go, but if we get back to Seahawks football after the trade, I'm fine with it.

Quite possible. Dallas had already stuffed the bubble screens and fly sweeps to Harvin. Just about everyone has pointed out how limited our use of Harvin was, that almost all of his pass receptions were at or behind the LOS.

It's also possible that Percy didn't care to put out an effort to learn plays that called for him to run effective downfield routes, block on plays that called for it, or fully incorporate himself into the offense. IMO that's what Pete was referring to when he indicated that some players weren't ready.