Carson and fumbles

Largent80

Reaction score
Fans have all the answers however the player is in that spot. A lot of "fumbles" are punch outs which really aren't fumbles. The ones where they simply lose the ball with minimal contact ARE..

What are Carson's problems???....BOTH.

Seymour

Reaction score
Carson did not hear the audible because his head was somewhere else from fumbling the play before. It was pretty obvious he did not know the play.

Carson is a great between the tackles runner, but is also becoming a head case that is costing the team.

Time to put more carries on Penny's load like they did yesterday.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No matter the why or how he fumbles, the fact of the matter is that he has 6 fumbles in 11 games. That’s way too many! With 5 games remaining in the regular season how many more is Pete going to put up with? When does Pete say enough is enough? I’m a little surprised that he has gotten this much leeway.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I love what he brings to the table. However, this fumbling this is truly an issue. And him not knowing the play and actually pointing at Russ was pretty weak. One of the few times you see Russ lay in to a guy on the sidelines too, and it would good to hear that went down.

justafan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3iycjnnx said:
No matter the why or how he fumbles, the fact of the matter is that he has 6 fumbles in 11 games. That’s way too many! With 5 games remaining in the regular season how many more is Pete going to put up with? When does Pete say enough is enough? I’m a little surprised that he has gotten this much leeway.

Sounds like the competition is on. Thats the way it should be. One way to get a guys attention is to make him earn it. Hopefully Carson gets back to taking care of the football.

We’ll look after him. Chris is a guy that’s a big part of our program and we’ve got to keep working,” Carroll said. “He’s doing everything he can to do right and we’ve just got to take care of the football better. What’s really a good thing is competition is a beautiful thing. Rashaad played really well yesterday and there’s no reason not to get him back in there next week and we’ll look forward to those guys hammering it away and we’ll see how it works out.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/729564/s ... ning-back/

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
justafan":24kpt8bk said:
oldhawkfan":24kpt8bk said:
Pete Carroll got rid of Alex Collins because he had a fumbling problem. In limited carries he had 2 fumbles with the Seahawks. It limited his playing time and contributed greatly to the team moving on from him. Carson had 3 fumbles last year on 248 attempts. This year he has 6 on 208 attempts. As much as Pete preaches ball protection, can we really expect Carson to be in the teams long range plans. I love the guy and his hard running style. I really really hate that for whatever reason, he can’t protect the ball.

Fumbles happen. Its frustrating but even great ones fumbled more than we remember. As far as long range,he is very good but not a great back. Tough physical but not a gamebreaker. His strength is giving us a chance to control the game and the clock but not if he is fumbling. I wouldnt sacrifice players like Reed and Clowney to pay him a big contract. I hope they draft another good RB next year.

This. As good as Carson is as a grind it out running back, I think it would be a huge mistake for the Seahawks to give him a big second contract. Look at the Rams and Todd Gurley. He is pretty much a shell of his former self, and the Rams still owe him big bucks. We need to improve our defensive line. Let Carson walk after next year.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3efgihkv said:
Carson is a poor man's Beastmode, to most, if not all on this site. Everyone remembers the best of Lynch, however he wasn't good or great on every snap, many, many times he got stuffed for little or no gains. What everyone remembers are the good times, not the bad and the fanbase seems to prefer a very physical back that punishes the opposing defense by getting directly in their face with "up the gut" runs that the coaching staff hopes will soften up the defenders.

RB's, especially RB's with a significant injury history, are typically destined to have short careers, so avoiding them (Chubb) in the draft is pretty logical. There are a lot of RB's that are better at outside than inside run plays and one can argue that an offense can "wear out" a defense by making them show they have enough lateral agility to make plays outside. IMO- Offensive coordinators can, and do, use both styles of running backs successfully, if they don't, it's on them for not using a player to their best advantage (like Penny getting so few carries).

One of the things I recall PC/JS saying about their WR's, they like guys that are individually different types of players. If that thought holds for RB, perhaps that was part of the conversation when Penny was drafted. Penny is a different type of player than Carson. Penny is a "rhythm" RB that needs carries to excel & to date Penny is averaging about 6 carries a game. When given his highest # of snaps, 12 last year & 14 this year, he has performed well with 100+ Yds. Even when he does well, we go back to the same old conversation: "Penny is a bust because he can't beat out Carson", even with Carson's fumble issues. I call BS. Give the man (Penny) a REAL shot and see what the results show. PC - Please start PENNY now.

If I'm an opposing defensive player and I know the RB has a fumble problem, I'm going to rip at the ball on EVERY play. The 6 fumbles in 11-games is well worth a benching, do it today PC, before all hope is lost. As to the aspect of: We would be showing the defense what we are doing with an outside RB instead of a powerful inside RB, why is that considered a problem, the Seahawks have OFTEN said that they are going to run the ball, even when the defense knows they are going to do so, and it's "stop us if you can". That's the PC way to winning. So, start Penny & bring Carson in on 3-rd and short or when Penny needs a breather & let Penny roll as the starter & let's see what happens...

:smilingalien:

I think regardless of how Penny performs, even if he were continues on like he did against the Eagles, there are people who have made up there minds.

Carson is the defacto starter, ignore or excuse the fumbles. Penny is a bust, even when he shines.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Carson is a much better running back for the Seahawks style than Penny...it isn't really even that close. Penny had a couple of big runs on Sunday where he essentially wasn't even touched. Under normal circumstances when he runs into contact at the line he collapses like a cheap beach chair at the line of scrimmage whereas Carson turns them into 3 or 4 yard gains. Penny is also horrific in pass protection to the point of almost getting Russ killed. Keep him as a change of pace back/relief but he is not a starter and definitely shouldn't be splitting carries Carson.

What sucks for Carson is that other teams are going to be hacking at the ball every time he rushes since he is known as a fumbler which will make solving the problem even more difficult. Maybe we can deflate the balls a little? ;)