Carson probably on the shelf for the year

IrishNW

Reaction score
Josea16":13duln40 said:
Give Davis 10-15 carries maximum and let Wilson loose. The key is get ahead immediately and unleash the hounds. Jacksonville has nothing at offense and a quarterback that ACTUALLY is a game manager.

Davis might not be the sexiest rb in the league but he does just enough to keep the defense honest.
He plays hard and his pass catching skills are a perfect fit for this spread stuff we are doing. Honestly I think hes our best choice at rb even if Carson comes back.

Josea16

Reaction score
IrishNW":3d5xe6uv said:
Give Davis 10-15 carries maximum and let Wilson loose. The key is get ahead immediately and unleash the hounds. Jacksonville has nothing at offense and a quarterback that ACTUALLY is a game manager.

Davis might not be the sexiest rb in the league but he does just enough to keep the defense honest.
He plays hard and his pass catching skills are a perfect fit for this spread stuff we are doing. Honestly I think hes our best choice at rb even if Carson comes back.
Exactly. Russell is the offense but Davis can keep it fair. That's all I ask right now. I know what Wilson does against all comers already. Jacksonville is loaded on defense so Davis needs to at least give us 50 rush yards on 10 carries.

original poster

Reaction score
Shame but the show goes on.

I still expect JS to go RB early in the draft this year, Carson is sure from a sure thing. Imagine this team with a top 5 league wide RB and an improved run protection.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":1xbejv2g said:
Shame but the show goes on.

I still expect JS to go RB early in the draft this year, Carson is sure from a sure thing. Imagine this team with a top 5 league wide RB and an improved run protection.

Imagine this team with a top 10 O line...........

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":o2cmvgrn said:
We're at least top 15, possibly top 10, with Brown. It's not just getting rid of the ball more quickly; the line overall is definitely playing better.

I hope we keep on getting rid of the ball quickly. It has made a huge difference. Five years of having an insane success rate with the hurry-up offense and "someone" finally realizes they should make regular use of its strengths.....

hawk45

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3diaozdz said:
chris98251":3diaozdz said:
We're at least top 15, possibly top 10, with Brown. It's not just getting rid of the ball more quickly; the line overall is definitely playing better.

I hope we keep on getting rid of the ball quickly. It has made a huge difference. Five years of having an insane success rate with the hurry-up offense and "someone" finally realizes they should make regular use of its strengths.....
It's has been marked improvement and far above the threshold of pass blocking to where our O can perform really well, but don't the RB rushing yards have to be better....well if I focus on top 15 and not top 10 I think I might be with you.

It has been an absolute pleasure to watch. Even when Wilson leaves the pocket early it makes a huge difference because they are maintaining contact with defenders. Even when Wilson does the reverse of setting up blocks. He is able to elude most times because he is breaking the pocket on his terms.

Wilson can run all around and when there is blocking there at the start of the play actually isn't running for his life.

Wilson is also calmer to me. I've seen Brown get beat, but because Wilson's baseline game adrenaline level is lower he looks more like a master improvisor than a scared rabbit.

I would absolutely sacrifice a P Rich, KJ, or even Graham (money as he is now that we use him correctly) to keep this level of OL play.

Let cable draft guards. Pay through the nose for the tackles in FA or move up in draft. At least one of the tackles. All I ask.

Seymour

Reaction score
No way do I call this line top 15 with the near league worst run blocking. Pass blocking I could see around mid level but overall they are still a bit below average IMO.