Cassius Marsh ... 254?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tical21":2mq37wfh said:
McGruff":2mq37wfh said:
I'm a little skeptical. Didn't he run like a 4.9? Wouldn't that make him basically the slowest LB in the league? Eh. To me, he is a LEO or nothing, and I tend to lean more towards nothing. I just haven't seen much innate ability in the kid. Love the motor, but that only gets you so far without talent.

The next positive thing you say about a player will be the first . . .

But seriously, it is amazing how two people watching the same games can see such totally different things. I saw a lot from Marsh in preseason and limited regular season reps last. He's different from Bennett in that his get off isn't impressive, but his hand fighting is amazing, and helps him not only as a pass rusher but in getting off blocks against the run as well. He's not a powerful player, but he's relentless and physical.

He was overmatched inside, but outside at either end he should be fine. The LB experiment is odd to me, but if KJ is our blueprint, Cassius fits.
That's a little unfair. True, I don't say the politically correct thing about the players I havent been impressed by. However, I say very positive things about lots of players all the time. I doubt there is anybody here who values Marshawn or our safeties more than I do. I was bullishly high on Maxwell long before he became a regular. I was incredibly high on Browner, Clemons and Red, and repeatedly said as much. I've been very high on Michael. Believe it or not, I've written very lengthy posts talking about how good one Russell Wilson is. I've sparkled about Kearse, said very nice things about KJ. I've discussed at length things I like about Britt and Bailey. I've spoken highly about Rubin.

Marsh was one of the players I focused on when we were on defense last preseason, and I saw a guy that played way too high and stuck like glue to the guys blocking him. I don't know if you can still find tape, but go back and look. He did have a couple nice hustle plays where he came off blocks late and chased guys down, but I wasn't impressed with him at all as a pass-rusher. I liked him coming out of college, and of course wanted him to be great, but I just didn't see it. I thought he looked quite overmatched just about everywhere they put him.

So basically, you've been "high" a lot. Not sure I've ever been "sparkled," but it sounds intriguing. :D

sam1313

Reaction score
I read that Marsh's weight was up to 270. Not sure what that does to his speed, but it must be OK considering they are trying him at LB.

I am still excited to see what he can do on the D line at 270.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
sam1313":3ctulem7 said:
I read that Marsh's weight was up to 270. Not sure what that does to his speed, but it must be OK considering they are trying him at LB.

I am still excited to see what he can do on the D line at 270.

CARROLL: "If you looked today carefully you could see Cassius was playing some outside backer spots for us. He’s in that same make-up, 250 pounds and he runs well and has good length to him and all. He can be a Sam backer as well as a LEO. . . That’s just for flexibility for the future to see how well he adapts to that. He’s been studying it for some time and he did a nice job today. He has a learning curve but he did a nice job today."

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... much-more/

swagcity21

Reaction score
I am just excited to see what our D line could do when everyone is healthy. I was please with Marsh and Jordan Hill last year before they both got hurt, now you add Frank the Tank to the line up and you have a pretty formidable line to rotate through. I would still like to see big red Bryant come back for one more run at it since we let Kevin Williams go to New Orleans.