CB Champ Bailey to Saints

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Broncos CB Champ Bailey is signing with the New Orleans Saints, per league sources.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Champ Bailey's agent confirms he's reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Saints, as @MikeTriplett reported

RynoHawk

Reaction score
we just have to beat him down again..especially if it's in Gold and Black... do we even play them this year?

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RynoHawk":3ndabcq3 said:
we just have to beat him down again..especially if it's in Gold and Black... do we even play them this year?

Not unless you come to the Superdome for the NFCCG.

:th2thumbs:

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Wow. Already owned the aints twice and then completely took Champs soul in the Super Bowl.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1134hlea said:
Wow. Already owned the aints twice and then completely took Champs soul in the Super Bowl.

Y'all owned the Saints once and the close win in the playoff was without Kenny Vacarro roaming the backfield. Now you will be looking at Vacarro and Jarius Byrd, along with Bailey as the nickel or 3rd safety that Rob Ryan likes to employ.

Seriously, I am loving all of the Saints moves thus far this off-season.

JZ#1

Reaction score
^^^ The Saints would still fold like a cheap hooker on the road against most physical teams in the league.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
JZ#1":2dwm2lha said:
^^^ The Saints would still fold like a cheap hooker on the road against most physical teams in the league.

The Saints have made many moves so far that have addressed this so-called lack of toughness. Why do you think they traded Darren Sproles? Why do you think they signed the FA FB Erik Lorig from Tampa Bay? They have also signed a thumping safety from the Argonauts that was recognized as their best defensive player. They are becoming far more physical in composition.

Jville

Reaction score
They certainly are.

And thanks for refraining from ribbing Hawk fans with suggestions that the team might be a little softer without Big Red Bryant, Breno and Brandon. We probably averted a huge flaming war .... LOL

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I compare this to our signing of Winfield last season. Not going to turn the tide of the defense, but it's nice to have depth in case you don't have anyone better emerge. Thankfully we did.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":9yycpqk4 said:
I compare this to our signing of Winfield last season. Not going to turn the tide of the defense, but it's nice to have depth in case you don't have anyone better emerge. Thankfully we did.

No one player can turn the defensive tide, but a healthy Bailey (he played most of last season with a severe foot sprain) along with the addition of arguably one of the best safeties in the game in Byrd and a few other additions (and subtractions) can make the #4 overall defense from last season even better.

The offense is clearly shifting to a more smash-mouth approach as Sean Payton has even implied. With the right picks in the draft this 2014 roster can easily be better than the 2009 version that won it all. Now, that's not saying they WILL win it all. It is a long season and as y'all know all too well, it takes a good deal of luck and the avoidance of critical injuries.

But, all in all, I am feeling quite optimistic.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":iiobt7my said:
FortWorthSeahawk":iiobt7my said:

the 2009 version that won it all*
*3 blown bogus calls in OT vs the Vikings in the NFC Title Game
*Bounty system
*Wiretapping home games

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2657ihxt said:
AsylumGuido":2657ihxt said:
FortWorthSeahawk":2657ihxt said:

*Bounty system
*Wiretapping home games

Do you believe in the flat earth theory, as well?

:D

Not sure what "bogus" calls you are talking about as being blown.

The league dropped any pretense that the Saints ever had anything more than your run-of-the-mill pay for performance pool if you were aware of the facts.

As for wiretapping, that was the definition of bogus and not only was there never any support beyond the claim of an employee fired for stealing supplies, but several experts that totally gutted the Superdome after Katrina said that the claims were not only false, but impossible. Oh, and the claim was that it occurred prior to 2005 and had nothing to do with the well-deserved Super Bowl win in 2010.

Try dealing in facts instead supposition to avoid looking foolish, friend.

:roll:

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1sr953tv said:
OffseasonChampions":1sr953tv said:
AsylumGuido":1sr953tv said:
FortWorthSeahawk":1sr953tv said:

*Bounty system
*Wiretapping home games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRd5jkJ1dEo

Reggie Bush "1st Down"
Phantom Defensive PI
Incomplete pass called complete

all on the same drive...

OrFan

Reaction score
Bwahaa! The friggin crawdads they eat for dinner could run away from Chump Bailey!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":3gw4mhx5 said:
AsylumGuido":3gw4mhx5 said:

Reggie Bush "1st Down"
Phantom Defensive PI

all on the same drive...

That is so funny! You still have such a burr up your arse that you refer back to that?

What's the matter, did you lose money on the game or were you a Vikings' fan back then.

The Saints played the game and won.

Get real.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
OrFan":13dkiu4e said:
Bwahaa! The friggin crawdads they eat for dinner could run away from Chump Bailey!

A bit of an exaggeration, but Bailey won't be dealing with the foot injury this year (would never have been signed if it was an issue) and will most likely be playing the nickel or the 3rd safety spot. None of those receivers will "run away" from him.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2tkwphpk said:
OffseasonChampions":2tkwphpk said:
AsylumGuido":2tkwphpk said:

Reggie Bush "1st Down"
Phantom Defensive PI

all on the same drive...

That is so funny! You still have such a burr up your arse that you refer back to that?

What's the matter, did you lose money on the game or were you a Vikings' fan back then.

The Saints played the game and won.

Get real.
I'm not a fan of either the Vikings or the Saints nor did I bet, the NFL/Media/refs wanted to the Saints to win for the Hurricane Katrina storyline and selling variations of Brees jerseys.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":36arkayn said:
I'm not a fan of either the Vikings or the Saints nor did I bet, the NFL/Media/refs wanted to the Saints to win for the Hurricane Katrina storyline and selling variations of Brees jerseys.

LOL!!! Then you must be a Falcons fan. They are the only ones that I know that would be goofy enough to spout that drivel. It must be bitter to have a team in the league longer than the Saints and to have never won the big one.

Tinfoilhat

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":sqs94amf said:
The league dropped any pretense that the Saints ever had anything more than your run-of-the-mill pay for performance pool if you were aware of the facts.

That's crazy talk. Unless I missed something, I have never seen anything from the NFL saying that it was normal and that the whole bounty-gate was a mistake - because that's what you're implying. I have no dog in this fight, really. Just wanted to point out that you think Vilma, Payton, Williams and Vitt were suspended/banned for things that are common place, or "run-of-the-mill," in the NFL. I'm not saying it hasn't or doesn't happen elsewhere, but it was obviously a serious enough issue to have an example made out of the franchise.

Can you please share some "facts" that can help us understand that a pay-to-injure program is/was common place or that the league acknowledged it might not have been as bad as they expected?

As far as the signing goes, reminds me a lot of the Winfield signing last year with us. However, he's too old to really make an impact now. He's going to get shredded by quick guys in the slot, so I guess he'll just play zone/safety in the nickel? He can mentor some young guys, but I hope the Saints got him on the cheap.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":qyll6j2q said:
Ziggyy108":qyll6j2q said:

Y'all owned the Saints once and the close win in the playoff was without Kenny Vacarro roaming the backfield. Now you will be looking at Vacarro and Jarius Byrd, along with Bailey as the nickel or 3rd safety that Rob Ryan likes to employ.

Seriously, I am loving all of the Saints moves thus far this off-season.
You got owned twice.

Latest posts