CB Wright contemplates retirement, Culliver's hearing is set

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2b948m2s said:
4freakin9":2b948m2s said:
loafoftatupu":2b948m2s said:
hawknation2014":2b948m2s said:
So you're saying you will have someone, who was involved in a hit in run causing injury and then threatened a 15-year old boy with illegal brass knuckles, starting on your team . . . above reproach, that's the 49er way!

This is exactly what I have been saying. The Niners FO will not do anything except pretend nothing is wrong until it has to be. Many teams have handled these things on their own in addition to what the NFL does for causing embarrassment to the team, just for misdemeanors. Not the Niners, welcome home!

Except for how they sent Aldon to rehab in the middle of the freakin season. Yeah they do nothing :sarcasm_off:
Seriously? They sent him to rehab for one reason and one reason only. To avoid the possibility of Roger doing it at a much less convenient time. Think about it, he PLAYED against the Colts in spite of a lot of resistance from the public, then took a 5 game hiatus for the easiest part of the schedule and on the front side of a bye. So the Niners were in control of the games he missed rather than Roger nailing the Niners for a period where they needed him.

They knew he was gone for games at some point, so they took the matter as having a choice. There is one other reason, that being to make sure he doesn't get added punishment from the courts.

Either way, they let the guy play immediately following the incident and doesn't that just say it all? Heh.. I would not be surprised if Smith was busted again while drunk. That guy is too stupid to stay out of trouble and the rehab was a sideshow.

Total, utter, and complete BS.

The league doesn't do anything till the legal process works itself out.

Convenient? Seriously? BS. They sent him when their record was 1-2.

Dude...you are pretty level headed most of the time, but are you seriously saying that the 49ers sent him away for 5 games because they though they wouldn't need him for those 5 weeks? Wow.

The depths of depravity you imagine your rival will go to is amazing. LOL. Any thing they do that could ever in any way be viewed as semi-positive will be skewed to nefarious activity. Incredible. The niners did what no other team has done and sent him to rehab missing 5 games and barely playing 2 more...IE losing him for SEVEN weeks when they were down in the division and needed him. You may have viewed it as a lul in the schedule, but teams don't take ANYONE lightly.

He played against the Colts because it didn't do any good to sit him when he was going to rehab the next day. He has a job. That's it. When peeps get in trouble, they still go to work. You can argue that perhaps that was the wrong move, but arguing that they "only did it because it was convenient" is asinine. He COULD have played out the entire season and faced suspension THIS year, but they sent him immediately.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Did Aldon need immediate rehab? Hell yes, end of story. And the Niners didn't send him to rehab, he went to rehab. He isn't a child or ward of the Niners, he is a grown ass man who heeded good advice and got help. How it looked to the public is immaterial. How it looked to the league is immaterial. What should he have done, wait til the season was over to get help for a problem that could kill him the way he was going? The sumbish NEEDED to dry out, get counseling, and contemplate serious life changes. I hope he did, though I suspect the airport bomb thing may have been after a visit to the airport watering hole.

In fact, there was a rumored serious disagreement between Baalke and Harbaugh when Aldon played all the snaps in that Indy game. Supposedly they had a plan in place to limit his play, but when the Niners got behind Harbs dropped the plan and played him 70 plays. That must be how Jim envisions the 49er way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2m4apb80 said:
Did Aldon need immediate rehab? Hell yes, end of story. And the Niners didn't send him to rehab, he went to rehab. He isn't a child or ward of the Niners, he is a grown ass man who heeded good advice and got help. How it looked to the public is immaterial. How it looked to the league is immaterial. What should he have done, wait til the season was over to get help for a problem that could kill him the way he was going? The sumbish NEEDED to dry out, get counseling, and contemplate serious life changes. I hope he did, though I suspect the airport bomb thing may have been after a visit to the airport watering hole.

In fact, there was a rumored serious disagreement between Baalke and Harbaugh when Aldon played all the snaps in that Indy game. Supposedly they had a plan in place to limit his play, but when the Niners got behind Harbs dropped the plan and played him 70 plays. That must be how Jim envisions the 49er way.

oi.

Do you really think he just up and went on his own? Come on now.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin,

He was found attached to a tree with his tires still spinning. Picture that for a second. The awkwardly loud tires making a ton of noise and the smell of burning rubber. He was found with weed and pills in the car and blew twice the legal limit.

It was a poor decision to play him. Here is a pic to show you what his SUV did while he was passed out.

e3u9ezuh.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2vmvr1ir said:
Marvin,

He was found attached to a tree with his tires still spinning. Picture that for a second. The awkwardly loud tires making a ton of noise and the smell of burning rubber. He was found with weed and pills in the car and blew twice the legal limit.

It was a poor decision to play him. Here is a pic to show you what his SUV did while he was passed out.

e3u9ezuh.jpg

Dude...he was f*cked up big time. I ain't arguing that. I'm not even sure I'm happy they let him play...I just kinda understand the thinking. Its his job. NOT playing him punishes his teammates AND they already knew he was going to be gone for a long while. Should they have played him? Debatable. If I'd have chosen myself I'd say no...but I just don't think it's black and white.

BTW...he was never charged on the pills and weed. I've seen conflicting reports over whether or not they actually found weed and who the pills belonged to. Regardless, he has a problem. Hopefully, he's learned something.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin,
Don't be riding me for being able to do math.

Look at the games he missed and look at the one he played in. Huh? Were they not the best games for Smith to miss? :) I think they went 5-0 in that cupcake stretch. Going to rehab was the right thing to do, that is a fact, but give it just a little time to see what it really did for him. It is a fantastic way to prepare a judge and Roger likes it too.

Aldon needs more than rehab though, he needs a whole new perspective. I am not buying into Smith being a new guy. Once the heat is off we will know. Didn't stop him from piping up at LAX.

And don't ever refer to me as level headed. It isn't true.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3f6qifev said:
BTW...he was never charged on the pills and weed. I've seen conflicting reports over whether or not they actually found weed and who the pills belonged to. Regardless, he has a problem. Hopefully, he's learned something.

They didn't charge him for the drugs, but think about it. Our own player, with Patton and KaeperSpaz basically admitted to hitting the bong in the offseason and the league didn't bother even testing any of those players, Seahawk included for substance abuse. These players are just not thinking straight. It isn't just Aldon. That kind of stuff gets players suspended and they are willing to risk it for the greens.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":28htqapr said:
Scottemojo":28htqapr said:

oi.

Do you really think he just up and went on his own? Come on now.
Read the part where I said he heeded good advice. Now read it again. Now comprehend. Unless you want to argue that Aldon is a grown ass man who has ceded his legal rights to his team, which we both know never happened.

Do you think he didn't need rehab? Do you think it could have waited for after the season?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Marv you are wrong here. The league has a personal conduct policy. Pac Man Jones to name one. The league has acted prior to the legal system more than once therefore you are bs.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The league will suspend for tarnishing their image.

Teams have done the same.

Have no blurry images, there will be a fairly chunky suspension if any jail time is not intrusive to the season. To do anything differently would show a lack of consistency within the other stars.

Think Burress. Think Roethlisraper, Pac Man and Tank.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":38vx3x52 said:
The league will suspend for tarnishing their image.

Teams have done the same.

Have no blurry images, there will be a fairly chunky suspension if any jail time is not intrusive to the season. To do anything differently would show a lack of consistency within the other stars.

Think Burress. Think Roethlisraper, Pac Man and Tank.

Still waiting for an example of a similar circumstance where the team acted before the league.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1yx2bext said:
Marvin,
Don't be riding me for being able to do math.

Look at the games he missed and look at the one he played in. Huh? Were they not the best games for Smith to miss? :) I think they went 5-0 in that cupcake stretch. Going to rehab was the right thing to do, that is a fact, but give it just a little time to see what it really did for him. It is a fantastic way to prepare a judge and Roger likes it too.

Aldon needs more than rehab though, he needs a whole new perspective. I am not buying into Smith being a new guy. Once the heat is off we will know. Didn't stop him from piping up at LAX.

And don't ever refer to me as level headed. It isn't true.

Revisionist history.

You can look back and call it a cupcake 5 weeks....

...but that ain't how it looked at the time.

1) Rams: Divisional opponent. Finished 7-9 in the toughest division in football.
2) Texans: NOBODY expected them to tank the way they did this year.
3) Cards: Another divisional opponent who finished 10-6 and beat you guys in your building.
4) Titens: Meh.
5) Jags: Yeah, they suck.

Yup, they went 5-0 over that stretch, but suggesting that they KNEW that would be a cakewalk 5 games is ludicrous. The Rams and Cards games alone were big because they were divisional games when they were already 2 games behind the 'hawks.