CBS Crew

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37trmpn8 said:
Nantz did everything but tell the audience that Carey was doped up on cold meds.

The guy who wasn't in the NFL was the only one who could get anything right. SMH.
This. You could tell Nantz was gettin' pissed at Carey's stance on the Kam pick.

mrt144

Reaction score
Wartooth":1hfyto9q said:
It was insufferable!
I had the game muted most of the time...
Can't remember if they ever showed those two in the booth?
Was Simm's wearing a Stealer jersey; and clutching a pee stained towel?

Insufferable is the perfect word here.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Simms is the WORST by far. He seems to become an apologist for any team Seattle is playing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I couldn't believe how wrong Carey was on that explanation. That shows why the officiating is so bad. What an embarrassing moment to be completely wrong on live TV.

253hawk

Reaction score
Even Nantz was like "Wow, I've never heard of that before." And he's been calling football for 30 years.

byau

Reaction score
The best one: on the intentional grounding, the official when he called the play even said "The quarterback was out of the pocket, however the pass did not reach the line of scrimmage".

I don't recall who said what, but here is the paraphrased conversation

"Looking at the replay you can see the football was a few yards short of the line of scrimmage"
"Well, you can actually see on the replay no receiver was close to the ball which is why they called this"
(Having paid attention to the referree) "Russell was actually out of the pocket though, and so if the ball made it just a few yards more it would have been no grounding"
"Well, you can see clearly on the replay, no receiver was close. That's really why they called it"
(silence, as if debating whether to try to correct him again or just be silent and move on... he chose the latter)

Really really funny

253hawk

Reaction score
Everything was fine except the ball didn't cross the LOS. It landed right on it, IIRC.

kev007

Reaction score
Don't mind Jim Nantz, not keen on Phil Simms.

I quite like the CBS pairing of Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

Kev

PasteyNuTTeR

Reaction score
I thought it was funny when the bobbled Steeler reception was under review. Carey came on and said, "Yeah I agree with you guys. It looks like a completed catch to me." Nantz quickly responded that he didn't think it was a catch, as if he didn't want to be lumped in with these two morons’ opinions on the catch. Gave me a chuckle.

seahawksny

Reaction score
olyfan63":4due6ji3 said:
Carey saying Kam's pick should be ruled an incompletion... just ludicrous, idiotic.

He is awful- however that call wasnt so simple.
There was no proof that Kam had the ball when he was coming down with it. The combination of the two bodies ( him and the WR) blinded the view from just about every angle. in all honesty, i don't think you can rule that an interception. I dont know the rules so specifically ( nor do the officials, as proven from this entire season) but I do know that there really was no way to tell that Kam had total control of the ball when his elbow hit. I was surprised it wasnt overturned. not complaining though

seahawksny

Reaction score
Crizilla":2mactguh said:
i love jim nantz, but phil simms just sounds bitter sometimes

Nantz took Simms bait and gobbled it up

On the last TD to Baldwin, he claimed it happened because of Poor tackling by Steelers. Simms was doing that all game. Not giving any credit to Seattle.

comment was uncalled for. Shame on him-

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"I agree with you guys that the pass should be ruled as a completion." - Mike Carey

"Uh.. what? We think it's incomplete." - Jim Nantz

"Ohhhhhh." - Mike Carey

Anyway Simms is absolutely awful. Worst announcer by far. I don't mind Nantz, I think he would be great with a better partner.

Fun fact: The Seahawks are 3-0 with Nantz/Simms games this year.. Super Bowl 50 is a CBS telecast.. so if we get there it's basically a wrap. ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2br2y5wk said:
Largent80":2br2y5wk said:
And they are doing the superbowl.

Meaning we'll have to hear them call another Seahawks game this year :thirishdrinkers:

I see what you did there. <slow clap>

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5ep1ugxc said:
"I agree with you guys that the pass should be ruled as a completion." - Mike Carey

"Ohhhhhh." - Mike Carey

Anyway Simms is absolutely awful. Worst announcer by far. I don't mind Nantz, I think he would be great with a better partner.

Fun fact: The Seahawks are 3-0 with Nantz/Simms games this year.. Super Bowl 50 is a CBS telecast.. so if we get there it's basically a wrap. ;)

How can we be 3-0?
we would have had to have an AFC team visit Seattle. They were the first. Cleveland is the other one.
Did they do NFC head to head as exception?

byau

Reaction score
seahawksny":3lzx79ot said:
olyfan63":3lzx79ot said:
Carey saying Kam's pick should be ruled an incompletion... just ludicrous, idiotic.

He is awful- however that call wasnt so simple.
There was no proof that Kam had the ball when he was coming down with it. The combination of the two bodies ( him and the WR) blinded the view from just about every angle. in all honesty, i don't think you can rule that an interception. I dont know the rules so specifically ( nor do the officials, as proven from this entire season) but I do know that there really was no way to tell that Kam had total control of the ball when his elbow hit. I was surprised it wasnt overturned. not complaining though

Agreed here. To me I told my buddy "Ironic if the fail mary rule that got us that Green Bay win gives the Steelers a completion"

Saving grace was that it was ruled as interception and there really was no conclusive evidence to overturn it

That's one for us.

253hawk

Reaction score
There's no way it could have been a reception. Kam had it outright until he went out of bounds; only then does Bryant start ripping at the ball. Kam had already established possession and completed the process.

nepahawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":10f8qmot said:
Hasselbeck":10f8qmot said:

"Ohhhhhh." - Mike Carey

How can we be 3-0?
we would have had to have an AFC team visit Seattle. They were the first. Cleveland is the other one.

They announced the Chicago, @ San Fran and Pittsburgh games.

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawksny":2fr9l05n said:
Hasselbeck":2fr9l05n said:

"Ohhhhhh." - Mike Carey

How can we be 3-0?

They call the Thursday Night games, and the NFL started allowing cross-conference broadcasting to allow more flexibility for SNF so they can entice Fox or CBS to not protect certain matchups.