Centers available in FA

bbsplitter

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2xhzrnl4 said:
keatonisballin":2xhzrnl4 said:
I want us to keep LJP. Give him a full offseason preparing to be a starter and he will look even better than last season. Which was still pretty good.
Lewis looked better.

How long did LJP play before he was injured? Because from my impressions LJP 2013 play>Lewis 2014 play

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":2weztavy said:
hawkfan68":2weztavy said:
pehawk":2weztavy said:
Robert Swift or Jim MacIlvane still around playing center? Olden Polynice?

How could you leave out Benoit Benjamin, Ervin Johnson, Alton Lister, and Frank Brickowski? Or even Vin Baker?

Jerome James!

I know he never played for the Sonics, but this is the best chance I'll ever get to mention Kevin Duckworth...RIP.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bbsplitter":29q27824 said:
HawKnPeppa":29q27824 said:
keatonisballin":29q27824 said:
I want us to keep LJP. Give him a full offseason preparing to be a starter and he will look even better than last season. Which was still pretty good.
Lewis looked better.

How long did LJP play before he was injured? Because from my impressions LJP 2013 play>Lewis 2014 play
It wasn't even close. Lewis was better.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Seanhawk":33950pau said:
Barthawk":33950pau said:
hawkfan68":33950pau said:
pehawk":33950pau said:

How could you leave out Benoit Benjamin, Ervin Johnson, Alton Lister, and Frank Brickowski? Or even Vin Baker?

Jerome James!

I know he never played for the Sonics, but this is the best chance I'll ever get to mention Kevin Duckworth...RIP.

Michael Cage (jheri curl dripping and all), Sam Perkins

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Barthawk":12vd7urm said:
hawkfan68":12vd7urm said:
pehawk":12vd7urm said:

Jerome James!

Haha....I knew I was forgetting somebody! A few more - Tom Burleson, Dennis Awtrey, Tom LaGarde, Marvin Webster, Mychal Thompson, Rich King, and James Donaldson

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete and John like Patrick Lewis and I don't expect to see a FA signing at C, except possibly as depth. Funny how so many people keep talking about LJP and omitting or barely mentioning Patrick Lewis. I'm a huge LJP fan, but Patrick Lewis won the job after learning the offense. Our record with Lewis playing center was pretty darn good (6-0 I think someone said) so I just don't see a crisis or really even a question mark.

I believe Pete and John have already pencilled Patrick Lewis in as the starting center for 2015, with LJP in the mix as a backup C/Guard, and have pretty much crossed Center off their worry list; in fact, their confidence in Lewis and LJP as a backup allowed them to pull the trigger on the Jimmy Graham deal. I do expect PC/JS will choose a C/G or two in the draft, but that's a 2016/2017 "always compete" plan on their part, and it might be a late-round project rather than a high or mid round projected starter.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
It looks like the Seahawks picked up Patrick Lewis from waivers last August. If he continues to develop in the off season he will be the starter in 2015. The price is right and he will be fighting for his first decent contract.

Center is an important position in the NFL but you don't need a Pro Bowl Center to run this offense. In fact I think Center is the least athletic position on offense or defense.

If Patrick Lewis can call a defense, reach block and cut block he will do just fine.

I would love to have a big nasty offensive line like Dallas, but I prefer to have a big nasty defense.