CenturyLink Field to be renamed Lumen Field

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2wx0kmb1 said:
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

And in case you are unclear on how I feel about the new name...

:pukeface:
I'm with Todd..
I like the QWest name but Clink and this :34853_doh: :pukeface:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3pzey0lr said:
Aros":3pzey0lr said:

And in case you are unclear on how I feel about the new name...

:pukeface:
I'm with Todd..
I like the QWest name but Clink and this :34853_doh: :pukeface:

CenturyLink Field was lame, but the "Clink" nickname made it awesome.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Don’t really care. I think selling naming rights to a stadium is dumb.

I always refer to it as “the stadium” same with the Mariners ballpark.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fawq47x said:

It’s all about making that mighty mighty dollar, brother!

If a company came to me and asked to name my house for a few years for millions of dollars, I’m going to consider it!

Lol!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I kind of like it.. cause it will be termed "Iluminatti" has a good D'Vinci ring.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not crazy about the name, but I honestly don't mind the idea of shifting away from the CenturyLink because it allows the name to be put to rest alongside a period of seahawk football that was utterly dominant. Haven't liked the fact that home field advantage hasn't meant as much over the last few years or that opposing teams were no longer intimidated to play at the 'C-link'. Let the name be put to rest with the era and let this current incarnation of the hawks write their own legacy under the Lumen name.

Plus, there's a certain poetry to the association between the name and what I see as the chapters of seahawk football evolution over the last 2 decades.

Qwest was about the quest for success and respect after a decade of losing and saw the team become a perennial playoff entrant, division winner and superbowl entrant.

Century link or the 'Clink' was about stating our claim as one of most dominant and intimidating teams in the opening stanza of the 21st century of football. Placing a punctuation mark on all those dreams from the 80s when we were also great and seemingly on the verge of greatness. 'Linking' past hope to present success, old generations of diehard fans to new.

Lumen? The obvious association to illuminating or lumination is there. Could be the chapter in seahawks history where russ and our aerial attack lit up the skies and score boards. Could be that for all those that thought the last few years, post LOB were the sign of a slow regression fornthe team and fade into obscurity, that a return to dominance and both sides of the ball might be illuminating experience. Or, that whatever the new innovation in offensive and defensive strategy, practice or process we innovate that gets copied around the league serves as the next illuminating 'thing' for others to replicate. Like music at practice, high tempo practice, always 'competing', turnover Thursdays, big, long corners, aggressive press coverage and all the rest that PC brought to the Hawks that ultimately changed the league.

Whatever it is, next chapter up . GO HAWKS!

Nunya

Reaction score
Could be worse. CenturyLink could have been bought by Sally Technology.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Nunya":vdibvc0m said:
Could be worse. CenturyLink could have been bought by Sally Technology.

:lol: :177692: :laugh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about the name, just win. The league is filled with lame stadium names. To me it's always Seahawks Stadium.

Latest posts