Chancellor blasts Broncos for complaining about coin toss

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3qap69t2 said:
homerun1970":3qap69t2 said:
Peaches...........The XL comment I'm not sure that's the case Bettis is golden Peyton is Platinum could be a ref hosing either way.
Agree homerun. I actually think it more likely if we would've played Pey Pey's team.

And had we won XL, there's a very real chance that the team we have today does not exist. It's all intertwined. No Carroll, no Schneider, no Russell, no Kam, no Earl, no Sherman.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":5pm1ja66 said:
SeatownJay":5pm1ja66 said:
here's Peyton on Mike Vanderjagt.

Peyton Manning":5pm1ja66 said:
“Here we are, I’m out at my third Pro Bowl, and we’re talking about our idiot kicker, who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. What is the sports world coming to when we’re talking about idiot kickers? He has ruined kickers for life. (David) Akers and (Adam) Vinatieri, these guys are great guys, and they’ve been getting killed all week because our idiot ran his mouth.

“When I get home, I’ll deal with it. Tony and I will talk about it. It’s kind of funny, really, when you think about it. If he’s still a teammate, we’ll deal with it. That remains to be seen. The sad thing is, he’s a good kicker. He’s a good kicker. But he’s an idiot.”
And some of Y'all thinks this jackass is a class guy?
I agree with Kam Chancellor, just quit sniveling, because when your Defense, you know... your high dollar team mates?, the ones that came up short of stopping the too short Quarterback, Russell Wilson, and his Offense from making y'all look bad......again.

Yes, I think he is for the most part. Vanderjagt WAS a liquored up idiot when he spouted off.

But even so, feel free to compare a few comments he made to the media with everything else he has done in his career. I think that his passing academy he's been doing for over a decade probably balances out those media faux pas at the very least.

Manning hasn't gotten to where he is because the media fawns over him. The man puts in the work, and there aren't many players in the league with his work ethic, dedication to film study, understanding of the game, etc. Luckily, we've got a guy who is on his way to following the same path.

With all that said, though, I agree that the OT rules complaint he's made is a bad look for him. Maybe instead of directing your complaints at the rulebook, Peyton, you should be talking to Jack Del Rio.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":24g3ndc9 said:
Happy":24g3ndc9 said:
The Pete Carroll Seahawks have a knack for disrupting the narrative and the storylines that the league and the media create for the fans to follow. The natural reaction to that is to resist the new reality, to try and poke holes in it, put the genie back in the bottle.

End result:

*Controversy over making the playoffs in 2010
*Fail Mary
*Changing the DB rules
*Wanting to revisit the overtime rules

The Seahawks are disruptors right now and it's causing a lot of angst. I love it.

What I'm not gonna love, is when it's our turn to be the establishment and someone else shows up to upset the apple cart and make life unpredicatble. So, I'm just gonna savor the flavor. These are good times.

-happy
QFT.
I love when a reporter mentions a trend to Pete that seems to indicate the Hawks are destined to fail. Like the SB champ not winning a playoff game thing. I think Pete relishes being the guy and team that ends trends AND the applecart too.

I think as long as Pete is here Seattle will be disruptive. He is too busy trying to be ahead of the trends for us not to be disruptive.

People are literally waiting for the hammer to drop so they can pounce on this team and this fan base. Lot of people want our team to screw it up so they can say, "told ya so".

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":32qd3qub said:
How much mileage do you think you guys are you guys going to get out of an exaggerated Manning post-game comment, two Denver writers, and Deion Sanders? Let's keep blowing this thing up, I guess.

6. We will get 6 mileage. Next question.

byau

Reaction score
What I really like: The Seahawks could have whined and complained about the weather in San Diego and they didn't. Kam holds true to his words because they said heat was a factor, but they didn't whine about it as being unfair.

And the Seehawks pretty much blew off any questions regarding the weather and heat in the San Diego game. Earl didn't mention anything about the heat and he had to exit the game to get IV treatments.

When it comes down to it: Everyone is playing under the same conditions, whether it's weather, heat, snow, or knowing the rules of OT. They apply to everyone on the field

If anything, I'm guessing the Hawks may have beat themselves up for the San Diego game as not being fully prepared, especially since they pride themselves on preparation. I think heat was for sure a factor, and the Hawks were not able to prepare for the heat. Not sure how you would, but if something like that beats you, and you're competitive, then you're probably thinking afterwards how you might be able to prepare for it next time.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I look forward to the new overtime rule and contact on a WR after an interception rule (when Earl hit Welker after the Kam INT) next season. This really is getting ridiculous if both or even one of these happen after the rule changes from last season due to a team/fans/writers/bloggers/etc. whining after a loss.

Oh well, it's nothing new at this point, watching what happens to the NFL over the next 10 years should be interesting.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Mark Kiszla who was whining the loudest strangely didn't make any mention of a problem with the rule 2+ years ago when it added a playoff win to Tim Tebow's record

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19701174

but i see. now it's a problem. During an early regular season non-conference game - but ..but..it wasn't a problem when one fluke play ended another team's season.

I see Mr. Kiszla I see.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":30icltj3 said:
.......Oh well, it's nothing new at this point, watching what happens to the NFL over the next 10 years should be interesting.
If it goes as you suggest, which wouldn't surprise me one iota, "interesting" wouldn't be the adjective I'd use. :(

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
One of things I used to hate about Russell Wilson but now love, is how he never threw his teammates under the bus.

For instance, if you go back to the WiredUp segments, Russ always give credit to the defender making a play, so instead of saying "Okung is killing us today" , he'll say "#91 is killing us today".

I like it, Russ will let his coaches coach and he'll continue to be the glue and keep the team together on the same page without anger getting the best of his leadership. Since I became a fan of football in 97 at 9 years old, I've never seen a young QB like Russell Wilson, who has TAKEN not GIVEN the command of the team, gained their respect by being a consummate leader with all the intangibles that plays like a 10 year vet, and he never gives excuses, only opportunities.

Its a big reason why he and his team are 30-10 in their last 40 games together.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":rw0bwerw said:
Steve2222":rw0bwerw said:
Personally I'm a huge Peyton fan and it's must watch TV every time he's on the field. He's the true definition of a QB being a surgeon on the field. I don't think nor believe of the silly narrative the NFL wants him to go out on top. He's one of the greatest players this league has ever seen.

And though they have fairly different styles of play and definitely different body types, our QB shares a ton similarities with Manning himself.

I agree, Manning is an excellent football player and seems a class act both on and off the field. I'll forgive him a bit of moaning after a loss, it's tough out there, and he knows the curtain is coming down on his career. One thing people forget is that Manning - like most sports stars - is a fierce competitor. You know every loss has to hurt badly for him. HE will want to go out on top, not the NFL wanting him to go out on top.

I don't get why people dislike Peyton.
It's the overexposure (which isn't his fault) and the rule changes that tend to result from him losing a big game. Also the fake Audible "Omaha" crap.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NINEster":39b9ixmp said:
How quickly they forget Tebow's last hurrah as a starting QB was a first play from scrimmage strike to Demaryius Thomas knocking out the Steelers from the playoffs....under the old rules.

The Bronco fans are the new Cowboys fans. The hypocrisy sickens me. They whine about the OT rules, but they benefitted by them. Just like their fan base crowed about how their team was going to destroy Seattle before the SB, then after they get thunderstomped, they whine about all the defensive injuries they had.

Why didn't they account for all those injuries when they were proclaiming a blowout victory ?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NINEster":haqvm67y said:
How quickly they forget Tebow's last hurrah as a starting QB was a first play from scrimmage strike to Demaryius Thomas knocking out the Steelers from the playoffs....under the old rules.
Actually that game did fall under the new rules, which were implemented starting with the 2010 playoffs.. and then continued in the 2012 playoffs (the Tebow pass to DT the first play of OT happened then)... and then implemented in the regular season starting in 2013.

Kaiser

Reaction score
43-8
80 yards

Whats the embarassing theme for denver next time? Find out at Super Bowl 49!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":mi1pfm21 said:
NINEster":mi1pfm21 said:
Actually that game did fall under the new rules, which were implemented starting with the 2010 playoffs.. and then continued in the 2012 playoffs (the Tebow pass to DT the first play of OT happened then)... and then implemented in the regular season starting in 2013.
Correct. If I remember correctly everybody was excited because it was the first time they would actually be used also. It was the reason Baltimore won in double overtime against Denver in 2012 on the way to the Superbowl also. No complaining then and Peyton was involved.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Personally, I believe the best solution is this; each team gets a possession. If the team that wins the toss scores on its first possession, the the opposing team gets the ball but CANNOT play for a tie. If the first team kicks a field goal, they must go for a touchdown. If the first team scores a touchdown, the other team has to score, then go for two.

Problem solved, easy peasy.

You're welcome planet Earth. :sarcasm_on:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Such a stupid topic. If I remember correctly, Denver was actually on the field in OT. Teams are made up of an offense and a defense. Football isn't about two offenses going after each other. It's about a team (offense, defense, special teams).

Maybe their TEAM should have a better defense. Since the TEAM has to win...not just a particular side.