Chargers and Raiders might share stadium in LA...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Let's suppose that this goes through and the Raiders and Chargers move to L.A.

One of them has to change conferences and enter the NFCW. Thus one NFCW team has to go to the AFCW. For those that don't understand that already, just accept that this is true because it is.

This means either the Cards, Rams, Seahawks or 49ers will enter the AFCW.

The Cardinals are one of the founding members of the NFL and date all the way back to 1898.

The Rams joined the NFL in 1937.

The 49ers joined the NFL in 1950.

Seattle has primarily played in the AFC.

Who do you THINK they'll send back to the AFC? Cards ain't going. 49ers ain't going. Rams MIGHT go, but that's the only other possibility. Only because they want to move.

chris98251

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":dczgy4b5 said:

One of them has to change conferences and enter the NFCW. Thus one NFCW team has to go to the AFCW. For those that don't understand that already, just accept that this is true because it is.

The Cardinals are one of the founding members of the NFL and date all the way back to 1898.

Who do you THINK they'll send back to the AFC? Cards ain't going. 49ers ain't going. Rams MIGHT go, but that's the only other possibility. Only because they want to move.

Seahawks will not move, I remember something to the effect that part of the agreement for us to move again was that it was the last time, if they want us to move they will have to lobby like hell to get Paul to Agree. Also asking a Super Bowl caliber team and conference and division winner to jump is asking them to give a whole lot up as far as history, merchandising, revenue from established Ticket holders who buy to see other teams play us as contenders now.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Marvin49":2of1d177 said:
sc85sis":2of1d177 said:
Oakland's new mayor, Libby Schaaf, is adamant about not using public funds for a stadium, which is probably why the Raiders are looking at other options.

Schaaf also said while keeping both the A’s and the Raiders in town is one of her priorities, she “draws a line in the sand” at using public funds to build a stadium. The Raiders’ lease at the Coliseum expires this year.
http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2014/11/07/lib ... on-housing

...and THAT is why it's so damn hard to get a pro football stadium built in California. Higher costs, less (or no) Public Money. There is a reason Levis is the first built in like 50 years.

The public money issue seems to be much less a problem in other states.
Cost of living is high and people don't want to pay for stadiums.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":398au3m8 said:
SalishHawkFan":398au3m8 said:

Seahawks will not move, I remember something to the effect that part of the agreement for us to move again was that it was the last time, if they want us to move they will have to lobby like hell to get Paul to Agree. Also asking a Super Bowl caliber team and conference and division winner to jump is asking them to give a whole lot up as far as history, merchandising, revenue from established Ticket holders who buy to see other teams play us as contenders now.
Very strong points. I might add that a Super Bowl guarantee in Seattle and some other incentives might make Paul Allen willing....just sayin'.

netskier

Reaction score
The NFL Corporations and fans lobby government to socialize the already rich corporations and football addicts, instead of socializing services for the poor.

netskier

Reaction score
Socializing the rich is what fascist governments do.

Banks privatize profits, and lobby government to socialize their investment gambling losses.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why should the Seahawks move? Make Arizona move to the afc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":watpn6pr said:
Sgt. Largent":watpn6pr said:
I meant public officials and govt supported horrible, not fans horrible...........which is what needs to happen for this behemoth of a publicly funded stadium to happen, and is why the NFL still isn't back.

Seattle is bad, but LA has to be the worst city for local/city/county and state government dysfunction.
I guess what you call dysfunction I see has a rare instance of government functioning perfectly. I find it very odd that the same political spectrum that thinks it's evil to socialize healthcare thinks it's perfectly find for taxpayers who couldn't give a damn about football to have to pay for a football stadium so billionaires can make more billions.

The dysfunction is because the local and state politicians refuse to even work with team owners who are willing to bring in billions of dollars and jobs to regions and cities that desperately need it.................AND much needed future tax revenue.

Why do you think everyone's making movies and TV shows in Canada and elsewhere in the US now? It's because California has taxed and redtaped the hell out of the industry to the point where they've had enough. Same goes with the sports teams.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
seahawkfreak":2wzffwc0 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2wzffwc0 said:
Personally it wouldn't be that bad to move back to the old AFC West. We have the history there, and we could be the only team in the history of the league to eventually win the Super Bowl as NFC and AFC. We're already the only team in the league ever to play in both an AFC and an NFC Championship game.

No thank you. Those teams had no respect for our franchise and in the 90's for good reason. We've spent the past 14 years establishing good rivalries in the NFC West. So as far as I'm concerned the AFC West can piss off and don't involve us in their "shity teams" debacle.

Yes, those teams had no respect for our franchise in the '90s for good reason, and that reason was because Ken [many, many Shack-worthy adjectives withheld] Behring shanked our franchise in the kidneys trying to move them to L.A. And rivalries? Please. It would take no time at all to settle back into the old AFC West rivalries. Hell, the one with Denver is already as much a rivalry as it ever was. With us back in that division, it would be even worse than before.

Does anyone think that if the Seahawks started next season in the AFC West instead of the NFC West we'd be any less likely to dominate? Does anyone think the odds of the Broncos making the Super Bowl would stay where they are now? Does anyone think the odds of the Cardinals making it wouldn't jump exponentially without us to go through?

We are an elite, top-tier team now not because we're playing in the NFC, but because of the program that Pete Carroll and John Schneider have put together. Put us in the AFC and the only thing that would change would be the number of times AFC opponents change their skivvies before game time.

And yes, I know we started out in the NFC, but we have just as long a history in the AFC as the NFC. Longer, actually. And in the end, it wouldn't matter anyway. We'd still be a team to fear; we'd just play different teams twice a year and in the playoffs. If anything, it would be a boon to the Seahawks. Hmm, I guess the league won't be making that change then!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":216d116f said:
seahawkfreak":216d116f said:
Seahawk Sailor":216d116f said:
Personally it wouldn't be that bad to move back to the old AFC West. We have the history there, and we could be the only team in the history of the league to eventually win the Super Bowl as NFC and AFC. We're already the only team in the league ever to play in both an AFC and an NFC Championship game.

No thank you. Those teams had no respect for our franchise and in the 90's for good reason. We've spent the past 14 years establishing good rivalries in the NFC West. So as far as I'm concerned the AFC West can piss off and don't involve us in their "shity teams" debacle.

Yes, those teams had no respect for our franchise in the '90s for good reason, and that reason was because Ken [many, many Shack-worthy adjectives withheld] Behring shanked our franchise in the kidneys trying to move them to L.A. And rivalries? Please. It would take no time at all to settle back into the old AFC West rivalries. Hell, the one with Denver is already as much a rivalry as it ever was. With us back in that division, it would be even worse than before.

Does anyone think that if the Seahawks started next season in the AFC West instead of the NFC West we'd be any less likely to dominate? Does anyone think the odds of the Broncos making the Super Bowl would stay where they are now? Does anyone think the odds of the Cardinals making it wouldn't jump exponentially without us to go through?

We are an elite, top-tier team now not because we're playing in the NFC, but because of the program that Pete Carroll and John Schneider have put together. Put us in the AFC and the only thing that would change would be the number of times AFC opponents change their skivvies before game time.

And yes, I know we started out in the NFC, but we have just as long a history in the AFC as the NFC. Longer, actually. And in the end, it wouldn't matter anyway. We'd still be a team to fear; we'd just play different teams twice a year and in the playoffs. If anything, it would be a boon to the Seahawks. Hmm, I guess the league won't be making that change then!
I'd actually hate for the Seahawks to move back to the AFCW even though it would mean seeing them on a weekly basis without having to get NFL Ticket. I don't want them to have to travel to Kansas City and Denver every year they're both nasty places to play later in the year and our history in either stadium borders on the nightmarish.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MizzouHawkGal":3qkxb8pw said:
I'd actually hate for the Seahawks to move back to the AFCW even though it would mean seeing them on a weekly basis without having to get NFL Ticket. I don't want them to have to travel to Kansas City and Denver every year they're both nasty places to play later in the year and our history in either stadium borders on the nightmarish.

Weren't we bragging the past two years how being in such a tough NFC West division was one of the key reasons the Seahawks became as tough as they did? How would playing tough teams in tough conditions in Denver and Kansas City be any different?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3idj1lnh said:
MizzouHawkGal":3idj1lnh said:

Weren't we bragging the past two years how being in such a tough NFC West division was one of the key reasons the Seahawks became as tough as they did? How would playing tough teams in tough conditions in Denver and Kansas City be any different?

Exactly, the NFC West might stink again for a while, so we're staying!