Chris Carson

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Glad to see he has cleaned up the fumbles. Watching him run is a pleasure. Paired with Penny and the occasional Procise, our RB stable is one of if not the best in the league.

6a262e4e-d31f-44c5-ad93-75a796109f33.gif

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I laugh every time he could easily go out of bounds and throws his shoulder in to someone. Very Beast Mode like. Also, Walter Payton used to punish guys like that. I realize it's an injury risk, but I love his toughness.
Shoot, on his touchdown to the corner, he EASILY could have just ran to the corner of the end zone. Instead he turns in and drills a guy. So good.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Pretty impressive for a 7th round pick. He is only 25 too, so he has years worth of growth to do. Those fumbles early on were unfortunate, but his ability to correct this shows what type of player he is.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":6klg3u45 said:
Glad to see he has cleaned up the fumbles. Watching him run is a pleasure. Paired with Penny and the occasional Procise, our RB stable is one of if not the best in the league.

6a262e4e-d31f-44c5-ad93-75a796109f33.gif
I went off when he did this while watching this play, first pumping my butt off.
Deal the punishment!

calinator

Reaction score
MrThortan":2ol67x6g said:
Pretty impressive for a 7th round pick. He is only 25 too, so he has years worth of growth to do. Those fumbles early on were unfortunate, but his ability to correct this shows what type of player he is.

Didn't realize he was that young, I thought he was quite a bit older. He's really an amazing player as long as he holds on to the ball. So..... Why haven't we figured out a nickname for him yet? Someone needs to start a thread to give him a nickname, it's been too long.

Vesuve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ds6hkgs said:
I laugh every time he could easily go out of bounds and throws his shoulder in to someone. Very Beast Mode like. Also, Walter Payton used to punish guys like that. I realize it's an injury risk, but I love his toughness.
Shoot, on his touchdown to the corner, he EASILY could have just ran to the corner of the end zone. Instead he turns in and drills a guy. So good.

And I worry about him getting injured.

If he does, we're F-ed.

Jville

Reaction score
MrThortan":1cb5dga0 said:

It's a joy to follow along with the process of player growth and development.

Great program ..... :2thumbs: ...... Great Results!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":326ny6ro said:

This was my exact thought when I saw this thread. He literally steered toward the defender on a play he has wide open to the goal line. It is truly nice to see that desire to beat on the defenders. Penny is starting to look a bit more physical too.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Throughout his career, both in the pros as well as college, Carson has not been known as a fumbler. Those 3 fumbles to start the season out was an anomaly. He's not in the elite, HOF type class like Barkley or Elliott, but he's the perfect running back for our system with a good leg drive, superior balance, and natural instincts. So long as he stays healthy, we can expect 1,000-1,200 rushing yards a year from him for the next 5 years.

I got to looking at his physical measurements compared to Penny and was amazed to see that they are both exactly the same height and weight. Carson looks noticeably bigger than Penny. Could he be wearing a bigger pair of shoulder pads?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3cry9hpm said:
I got to looking at his physical measurements compared to Penny and was amazed to see that they are both exactly the same height and weight. Carson looks noticeably bigger than Penny. Could he be wearing a bigger pair of shoulder pads?

Just eyeballing it, it looks like Penny has more backside than Carson and Carson has bigger arms. Sometimes the aesthetics can be misleading on the ability to perform relative to strength/power. Sometimes those bigger arms really influence people's thinking, and while cross sectional area of muscles are related to strength, they're not linear comparing people and the makeup of the muscle tissue (think bodybuilding vs powerlifting).

Maybe Carson just runs meaner and we just perceive it differently.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't spend all your time worrying about guys getting injured. It happens, regardless if you worry about it or not. Just sayin......

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Gotta give a shout out to Peaches. He was touting this guy on another site in the offseason between him being drafted and the first preseason game. May have been pure Ok St homerism but may have been cuz he'd seen him play and knew he was good. Regardless..........

After he was going on about him I watched some of his college tape and agreed but he was the first Hawk fan I ever saw or heard say the guy had a chance to be damned good and he was right.

Latest posts