Chris Clemons to retire

hawknation2016

Reaction score
In addition to Clark, another player I am excited to watch is Ryan Robinson. He flashed some skills before getting hurt a year ago. A dark horse to make the roster and steal playing time.

King Dog

Reaction score
Popeyejones":mu23geok said:
Hard for him to see the competition in padded practices that haven't happened yet.

The two most likely scenarios given the timing:

1) an injury that hasn't healed, needs another surgery, or would have set him back too much.

2) a failed drug test that would have caused a suspension and he figured it just wasn't worth it.

This isn't Aaron Lynch we're talking about here.

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess whatever gas he had left got used up in the Gus Bus. They really overused him down there.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3k7bobov said:
Hard for him to see the competition in padded practices that haven't happened yet.

1) an injury that hasn't healed, needs another surgery, or would have set him back too much.

2) a failed drug test that would have caused a suspension and he figured it just wasn't worth it.

Those are possible. The position group is really stacked this year. Even without pads you can see the athleticism and speed. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that Clemons recognized that spring in his step was betraying him more and more.

I don't think Clemons was ever in the program drugs wise. The second scenario is unlikely but possible.

Regardless of the reason -- I'm grateful he made a go of it in Seattle again. Nothing but warm memories for Clem.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1eqy7w6p said:
Popeyejones":1eqy7w6p said:

Those are possible. The position group is really stacked this year. Even without pads you can see the athleticism and speed. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that Clemons recognized that spring in his step was betraying him more and more.

I don't think Clemons was ever in the program drugs wise. The second scenario is unlikely but possible.

Regardless of the reason -- I'm grateful he made a go of it in Seattle again. Nothing but warm memories for Clem.

Even more likely is he has played 12 years and his body just wasn't ready to give it another go in SEAHAWKS training camp. This isn't "put your vets in baseball hats on the sideline type camp" The hawks GO after it. And quite frankly Chris is getting older. He was given no guarentees of making the team. And now he gets to go out on his terms and not get cut. Chris was a great player for us. He'll always be a Super Bowl champ!

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ejmwxht said:

This is some Prisco level commentary right here. Good stuff.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2xitbty3 said:

Why do you have to even suggest drugs? Does that make you feel better? Or just another subtle dig?

The only possibility of drugs would be pot becsuse PED results would get announced whether he retired or not.

If it was pot and his 1st offense it wouldn't be announced but he would have to choose smoking pot over playing football. Pretty doubtful.

Or maybe you are correct and that is why Cowboy, Davis and others on your team quit. They were all taking PED's like Lynch and failed drug tests.

If retiring prevented drug test results from being announce I could make a much better argument for Davis and your Lber (forgot his name) that retired as nearly rookies.

I think it's pretty safe to say Clemons just like Cowboy, decided it was time but if you want to believe Cowboy was busted for PED's go ahead.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
I am sad that Chris Clemons is retired. He does not help our teams. I guess. Its suck! :cry:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I didn't expect him to make the team anyway. He was a monster for us in his prime though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for your service Chris, God Speed! Enjoy your retirement!

Next man up!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":pln5jtdj said:
Popeyejones":pln5jtdj said:

Why do you have to even suggest drugs? Does that make you feel better? Or just another subtle dig?........
Becoming less subtle all the time eh Rich?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He's still on the 90 man roster, which is a little odd. I wonder what's going on.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If it wasn't for a POS field condition that torn his knee up, I have zero doubt that we would have been to three Super Bowls in a row. Like every player from our Super Bowl winning team, he will always be special to me.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Played a big role in the Seahawks' rejuvenation and SB run. Thanks for everything, Chris.