Chris Matthews needs to see some game time

Jville

Reaction score
Verses the Lions .........

Matthews saw 22 snaps for 34% of offensive snaps. He also saw 13 snaps on special teams which works out to 54% participation.

Chris Matthews participation ranked behind #1 Baldwin, #2 Kearse, and #3 Lockett

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
That was a sweet catch and pivot move he made to get the first down.

King Dog

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it. Guy proves himself on the biggest stage in football, and then we don't try him again.
Weird

RussB

Reaction score
whenever they put him on the field and pass to him. he always catches it. Ive only seen him probably drop one pass and that was in preseason. they should atleast let him start for one half and see how it goes. it wouldnt hurt

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
MysterMatt":t6uzeq4s said:
It's because our gifted, yet overly cautious, QB does not throw to anyone with less than 3 yards of separation.
As long as we keep winning and besides those fumbles which I feel at least one was on the OL. I am fine with Russell trying to be great with the football. Ball security.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cougarmode58":1s6l4zq1 said:
MysterMatt":1s6l4zq1 said:
It's because our gifted, yet overly cautious, QB does not throw to anyone with less than 3 yards of separation.
As long as we keep winning and besides those fumbles which I feel at least one was on the OL. I am fine with Russell trying to be great with the football. Ball security.

"Trying to be great" would require him to throw the damn ball. I would guess it is hard for him to be great when Kearse is on the field though.

Basis4day

Reaction score
rideaducati":c636mpc9 said:
Cougarmode58":c636mpc9 said:
MysterMatt":c636mpc9 said:

"Trying to be great" would require him to throw the damn ball. I would guess it is hard for him to be great when Kearse is on the field though.

Kearse is playing well this year. 16 receptions on 20 targets and leading the pass catchers in total yards.

timmat

Reaction score
That deep center throw to Kearse that got intercepted should be Matthews' route.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MysterMatt":4wml7v2l said:

Unless your last name is Kearse. Then Wilson is going to chuck it up even when your'e triple covered and already gave up on the route.

If you can explain this phenomenon let me know, because I sure as hell can't.

And yes, I agree with the OP. When you look at Matthew's targets vs. catches, it's pretty ridiculous.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Mathews is on the field! I'm blown away by all the people who think Pete Carroll is holding back this pro bowl receiver. The guy had 1 good game when a match up was exploited. He has played a lot this year and gets zero separation. I am still shocked that he is still on the roster which is probably because of the performance in the Super Bowl and the fact that all the fans decided he was our next superstar.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Hawks46":232ml5ri said:
MysterMatt":232ml5ri said:

Unless your last name is Kearse. Then Wilson is going to chuck it up even when your'e triple covered and already gave up on the route.

And yes, I agree with the OP. When you look at Matthew's targets vs. catches, it's pretty ridiculous.
When will you guys realize that Kearse is an actual NFL caliber WR and Mathews really isn't.......just because he is tall and caught 4 passes in the Super Bowl means nothing!

rideaducati

Reaction score
peppersjap":9ap78ow6 said:
Hawks46":9ap78ow6 said:
MysterMatt":9ap78ow6 said:

When will you guys realize that Kearse is an actual NFL caliber WR and Mathews really isn't.......just because he is tall and caught 4 passes in the Super Bowl means nothing!

Then why is Matthews getting MORE snaps every week while Kearse's snaps have been going down?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kearse is running about as quick as molasses out there...he either has lost a big step or he is out of shape. Its time to move on as he wont be back next year anyway. Baldwin, Lockett, Matthews, Richardson, Graham....looks pretty good to me!

Latest posts