Christine Michael....please enlighten me

Tokadub

Reaction score
Christine Michael only has 24 carries in his entire career over 6 games. Anyone saying they know anything about how he will do other than the coaches and teammates have no idea what he's capable of. That's simply not enough reps :?

Which is very annoying to me I wanna see what he's got.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MichCh00/gamelog/

I should add that I think he's good, but with our Offensive Line I'm not sure if he can be consistent like Lynch. I think with a slightly better line he could be a monster with that kind of athleticism.

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: ...both of his "fumbles" were punch outs.

Also, I don't see Lynch getting huge chunks of yardage with this O-Line either.

Basically, we still don't know what we have with C.M.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
In some ways Seattle might be better off in the long run with a consistent RB. One who makes far less money has a smaller ego and generally isn't a pain in the ass.

The fans love ML but that doesn't mean that he is the best thing for the Seahawks. One of the great things about a zone blocking scheme is that you don't need an All Pro RB to make it work. Look at Denver.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not sold on him with as much as this teams runs. I suspect we will see him get more carries to see if
He is any good. I think regardless they will draft a back. It's a big risk to put so much into a single back. I think they follow the NE model a couple decent backs but not a true star.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Tokadub":2wx1r1us said:
I should add that I think he's good, but with our Offensive Line I'm not sure if he can be consistent like Lynch. I think with a slightly better line he could be a monster with that kind of athleticism.

This.

Our O-Line has made great strides this year as a unit (even though they still have a long way to go). I think we have the key pieces to have a great O-line in the upcoming years, and we hopefully will see them gel into a good line before the end of this season. Okung will likely have to go due to his inconsistency, which is a shame because when he is on he is amazing.

Predicting and examining Pete Carroll's long-term plans for the Hawks may help explain the O-line woes, the invisibility of C Mike, and the early season struggle in one grand(iose) unified explanation.

The offense is making a rapid transition from a brutal, beast mode focused, run first team into a balanced attacking team focused on Russell Wilson and all the special things that he brings. I believe that Carroll has seen the writing on the league wall and knows that the days of the dominant defense, complimented by a ball control, run first offense, are numbered. He has done a remarkable job getting his defense to adjust to the new rules, but the team will need more offensive production. Not necessarily gaudy, we will still be a ball control offense, but I think the reins are going to be loosened as Wilson proves he is ready to take the team on his shoulders with his young receiver/ TE core.

Christine Michael complements this new style perfectly. Another year of development for our young offensive line, and we will get the chance to see what C Mike brings to the table. I bet it's pretty cool. In the mean time, we keep him protected and healthy, let him learn to play the big boy game, and let The Beast take the abuse of our line's growing pains and turn it into beautifully ugly gains.

Unfortunately, the transition means less production for Lynch. He has always been a runner who needs to pound again and again and again and again for short gains before he starts busting the big runs in the second half. As we move away from this style of offense, he may prove to be less and less effective. This, more than any of the B.S. in the media, is the thing that might result in Lynch leaving the Hawks at the end of the season.

(It is too bad really. Pete Carroll has historically been a believer in a two back, Beauty and the Beast combination, and I think that is what they had in mind when they brought in C Mike to complement Lynch. I am guessing that Beast Mode doesn't share well with others though. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Todd Gurley suiting up for us next year if he falls far enough.)

I think that Pete and Co were a little too optimistic, egged on and fooled by our Superb Owl performance, and pushed the transition too fast. Wilson isn't quite ready. He is amazing, but is still a slow starter. He misses throws early in the game until he gets into his rhythm. Harvin, really F'd up the plans to give our very promising rookie receivers time to figure out the NFL and mature as players before easing them into the game.

We have a young team that is maturing quickly and nicely and I think the future is very bright. This season may be a tough one though as I feel like the coaches are pushing the transition a little too fast and we have unforeseen D-line scheme and personnel assignment issues. If the O-line continues to improve, like they have been, the coaches fix our D-line scheme, and we get back B-Wags, Unger, and the DBs, the second half of our season is looking up. Still, we are looking at another year before we really start to see Carroll's vision realized for the team that he built from the ground up. (and then we will be in the middle of another transition, it's the Carroll way.)

- bsd