CJ Prosise injured on final day of minicamp

HawkGA

Reaction score
You guys are being too hard on him. He was healthy all off-season.

Own The West

Reaction score
Pete loves elusive backs and this guy has avoided contact for three seasons so far...

mrblitz

Reaction score
olyfan63":vwgs6jiu said:
His "Fractured Shoulder Scapula" injury has always seemed mysterious to me. That one takes a helluva lot of force to cause, like an auto accident. Anyone ever seen the play that is purported to have caused it, or was it a practice injury?

it was a crushing hit. if memory serves, it was in a game where, earlier in the game he had a 70+ yard TD play. but on that injury play, it looked like his shoulder was seriously impacted. ymmv

Cyrus12

Reaction score
HawkGA":39hxapjs said:
You guys are being too hard on him. He was healthy all off-season.
Yep at home sitting on the couch and hitting the gym...the track record speaks for itself. He is not built for the game of football

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Talented ball player. He'd likely not touch the field, but hope he stays healthy enough to take his shot at it.

xray

Reaction score
I want Pete Carroll to tell us why Prosise is even still here. Prosise should go down as one of the all time draft blunders for the Hawks. He is a straight-up xxxxx; who is as fragile as a cheap teacup. My granddaughter could xxxx xxx xxx. Lose that XXX!!

Moderator edit: When I see PG13, I think of small impressionable children on line watching every word and behavior.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
xray":1uavpss2 said:
I want Pete Carroll to tell us why Prosise is even still here. Prosise should go down as one of the all time draft blunders for the Hawks. He is a straight-up xxxxx; who is as fragile as a cheap teacup. My granddaughter could xxxx xxx xxx. Lose that XXX!!

Moderator edit: When I see PG13, I think of small impressionable children on line watching every word and behavior.
I don't see how hyperbole and player insults add anything of value to the conversation. Draft blunder? Pick 90 not working out isn't a blunder it's probability. Late third round picks have a better than average probability of making a roster and a less than average probability of becoming a five year starter. Anything in between is within the range of expected outcomes. You don't know the guy and you act like he has personally offended you.

If Prosise is healthy he is a difference maker and that is good for the Seahawks; therefore, I hope he has a healthy season and takes over as the third down back. If he doesn't have a healthy season, or is not the same player he was when drafted, John and Pete have brought in some good options to fill that role.

toffee

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ci0mgkm said:
OK, so this is a hamstring instead of one of those mysterious "abdominal injury" things.
That could mean that his abdominal area is no longer the limiting factor and now he actually CAN run, but it's been so long since he really RAN that his sprinter muscles are not balanced up properly yet.

Grasping at straws, perhaps. Some people's bodies just can't hold up to the demands of the game. There are people whose muscles are stronger than their connective tissues, and vice-versa. One leads to injured connective tissues, the other leads to injured muscles.

It seems from the injury reports that Prosise has a couple related injuries that keep getting reinjured or else the next link in the biomechanical chain gets injured.

I still think there are some things the 'Hawks are keeping mum about relative to his ongoing injuries.
His "Fractured Shoulder Scapula" injury has always seemed mysterious to me. That one takes a helluva lot of force to cause, like an auto accident. Anyone ever seen the play that is purported to have caused it, or was it a practice injury?

Interesting that the fractured scapula closely followed a broken hand injury, (within a couple months) which almost suggests that the scapula was a football injury, it may have been related to CJ trying to protect his hand during contact and getting into an awkward position leading to the scapula injury.

I just don't see any point in dogging the guy, as a human being and elite athlete who is no doubt doing his best to work through all these injuries.

With 6 weeks to recover from a pulled hammie, he should still have a shot to make the team. Damn it's hard to keep a glass-half-full mindset on this guy and his injuries though.

Prosise's long long injuries history basically were on groin and ankle, both were lingering and kept popping up at the most inconvenient time. This season, he has endued OTA and minicamp, both non or minimum contacts, without having issues with groin and ankle. Dude might actually be on his way to be healthy. For a muscular guy with very low body fat content, and hasn't been in practice for a long time, pulling a hammy is not unusual.

Call me a homer, but I am cautiously optimistic about this.

warden

Reaction score
I am really surprised that CJ lasted to the end of mini camp before he injured himself. I really thought the injury would of happened earlier

D

DomeHawk

CJ attended the Brian Bosworth seminar: "How to not contribute anything, screw your team, and walk away with millions."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
mrblitz":3k6bywc2 said:
olyfan63":3k6bywc2 said:

it was a crushing hit. if memory serves, it was in a game where, earlier in the game he had a 70+ yard TD play. but on that injury play, it looked like his shoulder was seriously impacted. ymmv

My memory says it wasn't a "crushing hit" at all.

xray

Reaction score
iu

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2l619oan said:
mrblitz":2l619oan said:
olyfan63":2l619oan said:

My memory says it wasn't a "crushing hit" at all.

Reality check: Any hit that fractures an NFL player's scapula is a big-time impact that none of us mere mortals are going to get up and walk away from. Think auto accident, think you're lucky if you don't have spine and vertebrae damage and a few broken ribs to boot.

For all I know this could have been a result of Prosise being in an auto accident. If he was, and it was football-related (I'd expect that driving to practice or camp would be considered football-related) that could be a factor in the mystery around the whole situation. I have no unique information here, and the auto accident guess was pure speculation.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2u2br473 said:
CJ attended the Brian Bosworth seminar: "How to not contribute anything, screw your team, and walk away with millions."

Bosworth was a guy who gave the team everything he had but his body and frame weren't built to endure the NFL game.
Do you remember that Bosworth was NFC Defensive Player of the Week in the middle of his rookie year, in a road game in Chicago, in which he stripped the running back of the ball and took it in for a TD? IIRC the Hawks won that game, a road upset at the time.

Do any of us here dog Ricardo Lockette for his effort and heart and contribution to the Seahawks?
It's no more "fair" to dog Bosworth than Lockette. Hell, Kenny Easley could have given us a few more years with better medical advice.
Then there's Bo Jackson who got injured on a very harmless-looking hit. Ended his short career.

Let's dog Malik McDowell and Percy Harvin. Those are guys who deserve it.

And what about Sidney Rice? His body crapped out on him in October 2013 with a blown ACL and he wasn't part of the 'Hawks Super Bowl win. It wasn't the knee that ended his career, it was chronic hip injuries and finally, concussions.

Rice is a more fair overall comparison for Bosworth.
Bosworth retired after only two seasons in 1989. He had a serious shoulder injury during the 1988 season, to the point that he was playing through it as a one-armed player.
Team Doctor Pierce E. Scranton Jr. said, "Brian was a twenty-five-year-old with the shoulders of a sixty-year-old. He flunked my physical."
Wikipedia: "In 1993 Bosworth prevailed in a $7M lawsuit against Lloyd's of London.[10] Lloyd's position was that Bosworth's shoulder was injured as result of degenerative arthritis which was not covered in his policy. Bosworth maintained his injury was sustained during a single hit."

FWIW, Bosworth's contract was, IIRC, $11M for 10 years. I don't know how much of that was guaranteed.

It's easy to repeat the lies and distortions of the media. The truth is usually more complicated than the narrative-driven sound bites they constantly push at us.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":248zt81r said:

Bosworth was many things but non contributor was not one of them, he played and made a early impact till the shoulder injuries cropped up to a severity he could not play with anymore. People like to rag on him but his durability and duration was the biggest issues.

Seafan

Reaction score
The team held him out of practice when his hamstring tightened. Naturally all the click baiters jumped on it but didn't report it correctly.

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":g2xk35hy said:
In other news, I heard Chris McIntosh is making a comeback.

I appreciate your point ....... injuries are no reason to give up and quit. Although, I may eventually move your post and my reply into the NCAA Football and Pro Draft forum ...... as it certainly deserves to be treated as a separate subject in it's own right.

Fileb99702296z1 20160415212305 000 gfvf977g1 1

"His reply was classic Coach Alvarez: 'Call me,'" McIntosh said. "And I've known Barry for 20 years now so when you hear that you call him."

That call resulted in McIntosh moving his family back to Dane County to take a job as director of business development at UW in December 2014. Among his responsibilities: enhance the athletic department's relationship with its business partners and find new partners.

Chris McIntosh a rising star in the Wisconsin athletic department >>> http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/badg ... 53041.html

Fileb99702296z1 20160415212305 000 gftf974l1 1

MADISON – Chris McIntosh’s rapid rise up the ranks of the University of Wisconsin athletic department continues. UW officials announced Wednesday that McIntosh, a Pewaukee native who was an All-American offensive tackle under Barry Alvarez, has been promoted to deputy athletic director

Chris McIntosh promoted to UW's deputy athletic director >>>> https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/c ... 453718001/

Latest posts