Clayton: Seahawks’ chances of bouncing back in 2022 just got

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
nutluck":38m9zjts said:
JustTheTip":38m9zjts said:
Funny stuff when we start talking about the Seahawks chances in terms of how other teams will get worse instead of how the Seahawks will improve.

I agree, hoping other teams get worse so we have a easy schedule next year and can more easily make the playoffs is just asking to be bounced in the first round of the playoffs again.

Personally I think it is better to have a very tough schedule and still make the playoffs, then you know your team has a legit chance to go all the way and win it all.

I guess i see it a little bit differently. I see it as they already have a tough schedule because they play the NFC west every year thats 6 games against the best teams in football. I'm not taking away anything from your point about liking the tough schedule I just think once a team gets to the play offs it's a new season. anything can happen look at the niners.

LTH

nutluck

Reaction score
LTH":6bn0yhzx said:
I guess i see it a little bit differently. I see it as they already have a tough schedule because they play the NFC west every year thats 6 games against the best teams in football. I'm not taking away anything from your point about liking the tough schedule I just think once a team gets to the play offs it's a new season. anything can happen look at the niners.

LTH

I am just saying if you have a tough schedule for most games and you still make the playoffs tells me the team can hang with anyone, was my point. Which says they have a much better chance to make a good playoff run.

As opposed to a team that has mostly easy games, doesn't beat a team out of the division with a winning record, suggest a team that will be one and done.

I mean the odds of making a deep playoff run is more likely with the first team than the second IMHO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams will have to make Cap choices as will the 49ers and age decisions, Cards I am not as up on, but they are probably in another panic transition mode, it's how the Bidwell's do stuff and will make more cuts, they pulled in a lot for win now and it almost worked.

Our down year so to speak may set us up to resurge based on cap room and other then a first round not happening higher round picks. The following year is where we have to pay the piper so to speak.

94Smith

Reaction score
4th place finish does not always mean an easier schedule because the teams can change so much year to year. Just look at the 49ers and Seahawks non common opponents this year after the Seahawks were 1 and Niners were 4 in 2020:
Bengals>>Steelers
Eagles>WFC
Falcons<Saints

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":3nakvyun said:
The difference between the Hawks and the Niners is the Niners have some down years and so do the Rams. for the Hawks they have not had a top ten draft in what, correct me if i'm wrong, 10 or so years? something like that. So they never get a chance to retool. yeah, they have had some drafts that were not exactly great because they are always drafting 27 or so..., but I think this is a GOOD reason for mediocrity. you give the Hawks 2 top ten drafts in those ten years and I'm sure you get much different results... Now i know some people are NOT going to agree with me and thats fine but from my perspective I do not see how a team can be competitive looking at the Hawks draft position in the last ten years. but they are. and I think that's because of great coaching of mediocre players. and the Hawks taking huge chances in the draft sometimes in FA...

and that's the way I see it...

LTH

Yeah I dont agree with you. With so many misses in the early rounds and so many trade downs, I dont see your point at all. Its not the lack of draft picks or position they pick, its the ineptitude of the players picked that is the real issue. The FA pickups have been almost as bad. It seems like almost every FA pickup under performs in Seattle and thats just due to horrible coaching and choosing the wrong players yet again for the real problems that plague the team. Dunlap having to tell the coaches they were using him wrong last season is just the most current example. We wont even bring up the travesty of the Adams pick up. Oops.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":338oxdhq said:
LTH":338oxdhq said:
The difference between the Hawks and the Niners is the Niners have some down years and so do the Rams. for the Hawks they have not had a top ten draft in what, correct me if i'm wrong, 10 or so years? something like that. So they never get a chance to retool. yeah, they have had some drafts that were not exactly great because they are always drafting 27 or so..., but I think this is a GOOD reason for mediocrity. you give the Hawks 2 top ten drafts in those ten years and I'm sure you get much different results... Now i know some people are NOT going to agree with me and thats fine but from my perspective I do not see how a team can be competitive looking at the Hawks draft position in the last ten years. but they are. and I think that's because of great coaching of mediocre players. and the Hawks taking huge chances in the draft sometimes in FA...

LTH

Yeah I dont agree with you. With so many misses in the early rounds and so many trade downs, I dont see your point at all. Its not the lack of draft picks or position they pick, its the ineptitude of the players picked that is the real issue. The FA pickups have been almost as bad. It seems like almost every FA pickup under performs in Seattle and thats just due to horrible coaching and choosing the wrong players yet again for the real problems that plague the team. Dunlap having to tell the coaches they were using him wrong last season is just the most current example. We wont even bring up the travesty of the Adams pick up. Oops.

That doesn't surprise me. we rarely agree on anything.

But do you think the Hawks are going to draft a Nick Bosa at 27? I don't. so that means 10 years with out a chance to get really good players..

I think all three of the NFC teams have had down years with great draft positions that propelled them to great post seasons. The Hawks can't say that. but yet the Hawks still remain competitive and that doesn't happen unless your drafting well and doing a good job in the FA market, as well, managing the cap well. and coaching well

I think the Hawks really need to nail this up coming draft.

LTH

nutluck

Reaction score
LTH":197p6vui said:

But do you think the Hawks are going to draft a Nick Bosa at 27? I don't. so that means 10 years with out a chance to get really good players..

I think all three of the NFC teams have had down years with great draft positions that propelled them to great post seasons. The Hawks can't say that. but yet the Hawks still remain competitive and that doesn't happen unless your drafting well and doing a good job in the FA market, as well, managing the cap well. and coaching well

LTH

2016 was the last year the Rams used a 1st round pick, they have traded them all since then. They drafted Goff that year and traded away future 1st and 2nd round picks to do it. 2015 they drafted Gurly at 11th? over all I think. 2014 they drafted Robensin(huge bust) 2nd over all and AD at 12th over all.

AD is the only player the rams drafted in the 1st round still on their team. Since McVay has been here, they have drafted very well in the 2-5th round.

So a team can use FA market and draft well in the mid rounds, there has been a few teams that have done it. There is no reason the hawks couldn't do the same.

The 9er's on the other hand have had a top 10 in every draft starting with 2016 but one and most of them where top 5.

The cards have had 1 number one over all, 1 10th over all and the rest of there picks has been mostly in the 12-20 range with like two years low in the late 20's.

So it is really only the 9er's that have had a lot of prime drafting spots a lot and it shows they have so much freaking talent on that team. If they could just get a QB and stay healthy they would be the best team in the division.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":77d0egke said:
pittpnthrs":77d0egke said:
LTH":77d0egke said:

LTH

LTH

Lol. You act as if there's no good players left by the 27th pick. Michael Bennett wasnt even drafted, Jared Allen was a 4th rounder, LC Greenwood was a 10th rounder, Fred Dean was a 2nd rounder, Richard Dent was an 8th rounder, Charles Haley was a 4th rounder, Howie Long was a 2nd rounder, Jason Taylor was a 3rd rounder, Harvey Martin was a 3rd rounder, Michael Strahan was a 2nd rounder, TJ Watt was a 30th pick, Deacon Jones was a 14th rounder, and hell, Dan Marino was even picked at #27, so yeah, Nick Bosa's are available in that area.

Quit using the draft position as an excuse. The real truth is that our FO is just bad at it.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":dveiceby said:
LTH":dveiceby said:
pittpnthrs":dveiceby said:
LTH":dveiceby said:

LTH

LTH

Lol. You act as if there's no good players left by the 27th pick. Michael Bennett wasnt even drafted, Jared Allen was a 4th rounder, LC Greenwood was a 10th rounder, Fred Dean was a 2nd rounder, Richard Dent was an 8th rounder, Charles Haley was a 4th rounder, Howie Long was a 2nd rounder, Jason Taylor was a 3rd rounder, Harvey Martin was a 3rd rounder, Michael Strahan was a 2nd rounder, TJ Watt was a 30th pick, Deacon Jones was a 14th rounder, and hell, Dan Marino was even picked at #27, so yeah, Nick Bosa's are available in that area.

Quit using the draft position as an excuse. The real truth is that our FO is just bad at it.

John Randall was undrafted..........

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
nutluck":80l6pnh0 said:
LTH":80l6pnh0 said:

LTH

I am just saying if you have a tough schedule for most games and you still make the playoffs tells me the team can hang with anyone, was my point. Which says they have a much better chance to make a good playoff run.

As opposed to a team that has mostly easy games, doesn't beat a team out of the division with a winning record, suggest a team that will be one and done.

I mean the odds of making a deep playoff run is more likely with the first team than the second IMHO.
I think if you took 2 teams over a 10 year period. They both make the playoffs every year with varying records, but 1 has a weak schedule every season leading to being the 1/2 seed ( old format) 7-10 years and the other always has a tough schedule only getting the 1/2 seed 3/10 years.

I'd bet the weak schedule team goes deeper more often b6 being at home with a bye vs the tough schedule team having to run through potential bad matchups in the WC or divisional rounds every year.
Teams just don't consistently make deep runs from outside the top seeds. We'll see how it plays out now with only 1 team getting a bye, but traditionally teams that go deep often are top seeds. It's easier to get a top seed by being in a shi5 division and have a weak schedule. The only thing a tough schedule does in the NFL is give 1-3 more losses on your record lowering your odds of going deep 8n the playoffs at a minimum by requiring you to win more consecutive games, potentially on the road.

This is assuming deep, means nfc/afc championship games according to everyone's complaints about the last few years. That also brings me to another question for the board.

Which postseason is more successful?

A. Win WC, win divisional, lose conference championship

B. Win WC, lose divisional

C. Bye, win divisional, lose conference championship

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":sp6e6spx said:
pittpnthrs":sp6e6spx said:
LTH":sp6e6spx said:
pittpnthrs":sp6e6spx said:

LTH

There you go. There's a million of them. I was using great defensive ends as my examples mainly except for Marino though. It doesnt matter. LTH will just dismiss it all and still be convinced in his narrow thinking.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1cnnwpva said:
chris98251":1cnnwpva said:
pittpnthrs":1cnnwpva said:
LTH":1cnnwpva said:

LTH

There you go. There's a million of them. I was using great defensive ends as my examples mainly except for Marino though. It doesnt matter. LTH will just dismiss it all and still be convinced in his narrow thinking.

I'm not saying you can't get good players in the later rounds but what I am saying is that a team that is drafting at 27 has less of a chance of getting a good player than a team that is drafting at 10. thats just easy math and brings out your narrow mindedness.

almost every single player you suggest was from the 70's and 80's technology alone is so much better these days that players with that type of talent do NOT slip through the draft very often. Not players that are game changers like Bosa and Donald. are they out there? sure they are. but it's not as easy as what you say... Drafting is an art and I will say the Hawks have had some drafts that were not that good but then so has everybody else in the league... so your just being difficult and condescending as usual. you make it sound like drafting is so easy that you could jump in there and make it happen... why don't you apply for JS job... Ooooh because they would laugh you off your application LOL ok then...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":31aztjq0 said:
I'm not saying you can't get good players in the later rounds but what I am saying is that a team that is drafting at 27 has less of a chance of getting a good player than a team that is drafting at 10. thats just easy math and brings out your narrow mindedness.

almost every single player you suggest was from the 70's and 80's technology alone is so much better these days that players with that type of talent do NOT slip through the draft very often. Not players that are game changers like Bosa and Donald. are they out there? sure they are. but it's not as easy as what you say... Drafting is an art and I will say the Hawks have had some drafts that were not that good but then so has everybody else in the league... so your just being difficult and condescending as usual. you make it sound like drafting is so easy that you could jump in there and make it happen... why don't you apply for JS job... Ooooh because they would laugh you off your application LOL ok then...

LTH

Yes you were saying you cant get good players in the later rounds. Here is your exact quote-

"But do you think the Hawks are going to draft a Nick Bosa at 27? I don't. so that means 10 years with out a chance to get really good players.."

10 years without a chance to get really good players? Do you realize how dumb that statement is? HOF players get chosen after the 27th pick and in later rounds EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It doesnt matter what years my examples were from because you missed the point entirely as usual. The point is that those players were drafted later than the 27th pick and they turned out to be HOF caliber, awesome players. Technology has nothing to do with anything. Players with that type of talent are picked in later rounds every year. Yes game changers. You know that, but your backed in a corner with your argument and just cant stand being wrong.

Just admit that Seattle has been bad at drafting for the past 6 or so years already and save face before it gets worse.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ro2z3z2 said:
LTH":3ro2z3z2 said:

LTH

Yes you were saying you cant get good players in the later rounds. Here is your exact quote-

"But do you think the Hawks are going to draft a Nick Bosa at 27? I don't. so that means 10 years with out a chance to get really good players.."

10 years without a chance to get really good players? Do you realize how dumb that statement is? HOF players get chosen after the 27th pick and in later rounds EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It doesnt matter what years my examples were from because you missed the point entirely as usual. The point is that those players were drafted later than the 27th pick and they turned out to be HOF caliber, awesome players. Technology has nothing to do with anything. Players with that type of talent are picked in later rounds every year. Yes game changers. You know that, but your backed in a corner with your argument and just cant stand being wrong.

Just admit that Seattle has been bad at drafting for the past 6 or so years already and save face before it gets worse.

What ever I don't CARE what you think I agree to disagree. I'm not wasting my time talking to somebody who refuses to have a rational conversation.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2t28czy8 said:
1. It is slightly easier to get in the playoffs.
2. If we make it, and we might, we will win one or less games.

So why stay on this treadmill? Is the new team motto “be better than average”? I see absolutely no reason why we will beat a playoff worthy opponent in a big game.

One or less games?...Once again, here come the folks with the mindset of a QUITTER. :pukeface:

:waah: "Playoff Worthy Opponent" :waah: Why even wash your face, if it's just going to get dirty again? :shock:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2ytxoach said:
What ever I don't CARE what you think I agree to disagree. I'm not wasting my time talking to somebody who refuses to have a rational conversation.

That's because you arent being rational, you're being silly.

Mizak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ar67oap said:
LTH":2ar67oap said:

That's because you arent being rational, you're being silly.

Theres a reason the username is Love To Hallucinate(LTH).

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":p4erqiec said:
pittpnthrs":p4erqiec said:
LTH":p4erqiec said:

LTH

You have no normal conversations, if people challenge you with examples and facts to support it you say fine, I am taking my ball and going home, no matter the topic and or forum, I think you're the one that needs to grow a pair and man up or don't come to forums asking questions and make statements that you leave open ended that can be argued with facts period.

Oh and other examples of picks after 27, DK, Lockett, Wilson, Wagner, do we need to go on, how about Kam, Sherman, Tate, need more?