Clemons, Ware, Allen, or Peppers?

which elder pass rusher should the hawks go after?

• Clemons (restructure)

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Ware

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • Allen

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Peppers

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But all that aside I prefer that Clemons restructures, he's been here and still performs just fine. It's just that his cap number is too high.

two dog

Reaction score
Clemons (restructure) made me think I was voting for him if he restructured his contract ??
Clem is a hell of a ballplayer, is a master of Pete's system and will be even better after the
year of rehab on his knee. We don't need prima donnas.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":yc6bvawc said:
You do know that's in the works already? Extensions happen after the draft usually if we're talking about premier players.
Yes, but it becomes less likely if we pay considerable bucks to another pass rusher. Frankly, we don't need anymore of 'em. We had very good overall pressure (not as many sacks as I'd like, but who cares, pressures w/o sacks lead to things like interceptions and incompletions, too) last year and we haven't lost that core group now that Bennett's here for the duration.

I guess I'd just rather see us blow our wad with a front-heavy deal for Thomas or Sherman this off-season because I'm a little concerned about how much it'll cost to sign both next year, cap increases be damned. I might just be a little paranoid, I don't know. Scotte/Kearly/English would have a better answer to this, I have no doubt.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I voted Ware, but Allen would be a close second for me. I love his personality, too. I think he would fit in great with our locker room.

Wartooth

Reaction score
According to CBS Sports, free agent DE Jared Allen wants to play in 2014 "at a certain value."
Per Jason La Canfora, Allen "has other pursuits outside NFL," suggesting he could walk away from the game if his financial demands aren't met.
It looks like a leverage play from a declining player losing just that.
The Broncos, Allen's most likely suitor, are reportedly going after DeMarcus Ware.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m
While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

kearly

Reaction score
Wartooth":ewq66e4u said:
According to CBS Sports, free agent DE Jared Allen wants to play in 2014 "at a certain value."
Per Jason La Canfora, Allen "has other pursuits outside NFL," suggesting he could walk away from the game if his financial demands aren't met.
It looks like a leverage play from a declining player losing just that.
The Broncos, Allen's most likely suitor, are reportedly going after DeMarcus Ware.

John Abraham said pretty much the same thing before signing months later for 2/4.6. It's just good ol' fashioned posturing. And kinda music to my ears that he even has to say stuff like that.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1tr3j5h0 said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m
While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

Take out those three NFL teams and replace them with "______" fill-in-the-blanks, and I would have guessed Denver, Seattle, Chicago. Everything about that sentence makes perfect sense. Denver needs a 3-4 OLB type guy, Chicago and Seattle need a veteran pass rusher.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, we're talking about different positions, actually.

I went with Ware, Allen and Clemons would be a tie. Minnesota fans were talking about Allen losing a step, but he still had 11.5 sacks, so if he's still quick, Allen over Clem.

I think Clemons recovers a bit this year. People got impatient with him, but he was still recovering from an ACL; in the playoffs he looked a lot like the old Clemons.

Peppers definately HAS lost a step. He wouldn't be the LEO (although imagine that in his prime....a 290 lb LEO ??? *shudder*). Peppers would actually slide over and play the 5 tech; that's where I think the best fit would be. Problem is, we just signed a 5 tech in Bennett, so I don't see us needing Peppers at all.

Hopefully someone bellies up and overpays Peppers, and either Ware or Allen. My dream scenario would be us gettting Ware on a good deal, but either way if Allen or Ware is out there, it forces Clemons' hand and makes him restructure if asked to.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Which ever one comes at the best price and depends on the roll we need them to fill. Peppers would excel in a roll where he isn't asked to think at all. If you can line him up and just say Julius get QB ! He would be the man in a small role.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Denver isn't signing Ware now. They just paid Talib 9.5 mil/year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
That's a lot for Talib, I think Ware would have been a better value but considering they need CB help without Champ I guess I can understand. Still no chance of beating us.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wenhawk":cw01w4hw said:
That's a lot for Talib, I think Ware would have been a better value but considering they need CB help without Champ I guess I can understand. Still no chance of beating us.
They needed CB help with Champ. He was getting beaten like a rented mule the past couple years.