Clemson vs. Alabama

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just make it 6 or 8 teams so theres no more questions about who deserves to get throttled by one of clemson or Alabama

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Was there a game one last night. I was busy watching Space 1999 that I recorded off CometTV.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Saban = Conservative run first offense. They actually piled up some rushing yards while getting curb stomped.

Dabo Sweeny = game plan and exploit what ever weakness your opponent has. Allow your QB freedom to make plays.

Watching the Clemson OL come of the field for their curtain call was pretty awesome.

For some reason it's not being talked about much but the juke that Clemson receiver put on the Bama DB for the long TD throw on third down was ridiculous! He didn't slip and fall... He was juked out of his jock so badly they had to remove him with a game cart! Oh and the Clemson QB and that huge receiver are both true freshmen.

D

DomeHawk

I know a guy from the Bronx/NYC who wears Alabama gear in football season. Whenever I have the unfortunate circumstances to be around him I sometimes talk Husky/Seahawks football like most Seattle people do. At some point I asked him if he went to Alabama, "no" he said. "Ever lived in the Tuscaloosa area?" I inquired. "Where?" he said.

In fact, he really couldn't discuss football at all, he would just say "Alabama, that's my team."

Poor guy doesn't know the difference between cool and fool.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Love seeing the Tide and Saban get their poop pushed in, that was so satisfying to watch.

Another thing I loved seeing was the way the ref crew allowed both sides to be aggressive, made for a very enjoyable game to watch from a unbiased sports fan perspective.

Wish the NFL would take notice, and realize we don't love seeing 30 penalties called a game with half being marginal ticky tack penalties that frustrate the hell out of everyone involved.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome game!!!

'Bama lost :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

sure was impressed with Clemson's DLine, their freshman QB and WR.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":27ff9ai2 said:
Would have loved to see UFC get a chance, with their regular QB. That backup QB just doesn't rate.

UFC needs to stop crying and printing "National Champs" shirts and join a real conference if they want more respect in the national title conversation.

I'm sure either the ACC or SEC would take them.

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":2j8tzj55 said:
ivotuk":2j8tzj55 said:

UFC needs to stop crying and printing "National Champs" shirts and join a real conference if they want more respect in the national title conversation.

If you live long enough you will realize that college football, like everything else it seems, is cyclic. I remember when Alabama and the SEC were completely irrelevant.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":p3zmwyr1 said:
ivotuk":p3zmwyr1 said:

And Notre Dame should be allowed to stay independent and still qualify for the CFP?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":2rf2e7cu said:
Sgt. Largent":2rf2e7cu said:
ivotuk":2rf2e7cu said:

And Notre Dame should be allowed to stay independent and still qualify for the CFP?

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."

btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Which is fine, it's like Boise State when they were rolling with Chris Peterson, you aren't ever going to get the respect you want until you play with the big boys. So UFC can stay in a small conference, but if they want national play then they have to at LEAST schedule 1-2 bigtime non-conference games against top 10 programs. UFC's non conference schedule this year was FIU, Maryland and Maine.

Not good enough.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f8veiamu said:
Maulbert":f8veiamu said:
Sgt. Largent":f8veiamu said:
ivotuk":f8veiamu said:

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Which is fine, it's like Boise State when they were rolling with Chris Peterson, you aren't ever going to get the respect you want until you play with the big boys. So UFC can stay in a small conference, but if they want national play then they have to at LEAST schedule 1-2 bigtime non-conference games against top 10 programs. UFC's non conference schedule this year was FIU, Maryland and Maine.

Not good enough.

I get the ND hate because they are not in a conference
but it's been researched(don't have it) but it's out there that
over the last 20 years ND's sos averages out to #9..
The most overrated program in college football does
not fly..You just don't like them is all and it's no different than
your hate for the Cowboys lol

chris98251

Reaction score
Just saw recently that a player on Bama said they could be the Cardinals in the NFL, hmmm wondering then if Clemson could be the Rams ......... :p

Think those guys in Bama should maybe get out if the Hooch shed a bit and pay attention to who they are playing next rather then worry about playing a NFL team ...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd take the bottom NFL team against Alabama or Clemson.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1trguvmv said:
I'd take the bottom NFL team against Alabama or Clemson.

LOL so would I, we seen so many College Stars walk into the NFL and just get blown away, why I thought it was funny and then the next game Clemson kicks their butt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3holmk1w said:
Sgt. Largent":3holmk1w said:
Maulbert":3holmk1w said:
Sgt. Largent":3holmk1w said:

Notre Dame is the most overrated program in college football. Every 5-6 years we somehow forget that and let them in the national championship conversation, at which time they get their poop pushed in and we all go "ahh, yeah, we forgot."btw, UFC isn't independent, they're in the AAC (American Athletic Conference).

Not good enough.

I get the ND hate because they are not in a conference
but it's been researched(don't have it) but it's out there that
over the last 20 years ND's sos averages out to #9..
The most overrated program in college football does
not fly..You just don't like them is all and it's no different than
your hate for the Cowboys lol

I'm catholic dude, I root for ND. The hate comes from the fact that there are many old school programs like ND that get inflated because of their legacy and name with the committee voters, AP and Coaches.

So join a power conference, or stop over inflating their SOS.