Cleveland Browns...

HawkGA

Reaction score
Erebus":3h58q95p said:
chris98251":3h58q95p said:
They may bring in Bonds to show them how to use Steroids correctly, that or Arod.

Come on. Those guys got caught. He should bring in someone that got away with it, like Piazza.

Yes, they got caught. All the more reason they would make sense for the Browns-Steelers to bring in.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
My first year as GM would be spent unloading bad contracts of good players and older expensive vets who won't be good two years from now when I'd really start trying to win.

I would acquire extra picks through trades (players or trading back) and fill my roster with cheap young players.

The team might not be good in year 1, but we'd be set up to get better 3 years in a row at least

CPHawk

Reaction score
The paid Ifo to rehab all season, then cut him when he's almost 100%, only to see the Dolphins pick him up. I bet, just because it's the Browns, he ends up being pretty good for Miami.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
One of the leadership qualities I have heard of and took to heart was that when you go into an organization that has issues, the first thing you do is Look to see where the problems are. If you cant see them, then you are not looking in the right direction. The second thing is to analyze the situation to figure out where the best place is to make changes. I think getting money on the books is a great thing for rebuilding. You have to have that in this day and age of the Cap. Third, be like Pete. That is all. :thirishdrinkers: :0190l: :thirishdrinkers: :179422:

Maulbert

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2n3musbn said:
My first year as GM would be spent unloading bad contracts of good players and older expensive vets who won't be good two years from now when I'd really start trying to win.

I would acquire extra picks through trades (players or trading back) and fill my roster with cheap young players.

The team might not be good in year 1, but we'd be set up to get better 3 years in a row at least

Reggie McKenzie's Raiders plan. People were $#1+ talking it when he started 3 years ago, now it's looking pretty good.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Maulbert":1g0tvtqq said:
bjornanderson21":1g0tvtqq said:

Reggie McKenzie's Raiders plan. People were $#1+ talking it when he started 3 years ago, now it's looking pretty good.

Too many people expect immediate results, which is unfair because every GM inherits long-term contracts, and they usually inherit a mediocre roster.

Add to that any scheme changes from new coaches (which usually go along with new GMs) and you are talking about a multi-year process.

GMs should be hired based on a well thought out 5 year plan with realistic attainable goals. GMs who inherit an average starting QB should not be expected to go deep in the playoffs with that average QB. It's going to take time, and if you rush it then the team will just keep starting over without getting anywhere.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1pw031rr said:
Maulbert":1pw031rr said:
bjornanderson21":1pw031rr said:

Too many people expect immediate results, which is unfair because every GM inherits long-term contracts, and they usually inherit a mediocre roster.

Add to that any scheme changes from new coaches (which usually go along with new GMs) and you are talking about a multi-year process.

GMs should be hired based on a well thought out 5 year plan with realistic attainable goals. GMs who inherit an average starting QB should not be expected to go deep in the playoffs with that average QB. It's going to take time, and if you rush it then the team will just keep starting over without getting anywhere.

Looks at Seahawks ummmm NO, it can be done, but there are Few Carrols, Harbaughs, and Belichicks out there, there are fewer owners like Allen and Kraft. the 49ers had found a Gold mine and York and Baalke I think outsmarted themselves.