Cleveland Game

HawkFreak

Reaction score
So my family has been gifted with game tickets for the Hawks vs. Browns on the 13th. It will be my first Hawks game and actually my first NFL game. I was wondering if anyone here was going to the game - just curious if there might be a decent Hawks crowd there.

Also - has anyone ever been to a game in Cleveland? Just curious as to stadium atmosphere (especially with my family being there), treatment of opposing team fans, etc.

Thanks! So excited for this!

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
This thread can be deleted if that's better. Sorry again.

D

DomeHawk

HawkFreak":2sc6eubp said:
This thread can be deleted if that's better. Sorry again.

You asked a legitimate question. Nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Thanks. I did check out the other suggested thread, but there wasn't really any information from anyone who has attended a game in Cleveland.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
I live in Ohio and my wife and I will be there too.
I've never been to a game in Cleveland but I'm looking forward to it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't forget to wear Kosar Sucks T shirts when going in :)

Kidding aside like The Hawks Nest, the Black hole the Dog Pound probably has the most outgoing portion of the fans there I would just avoid that area and anyone wearing a Dog Face or Nose.

If you end up by there try to take the ribbing you will get with a grain of salt and if we do something really well don't rub the poo in their faces :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":1u44tco5 said:

Kidding aside like The Hawks Nest, the Black hole the Dog Pound probably has the most outgoing portion of the fans there I would just avoid that area and anyone wearing a Dog Face or Nose.

If you end up by there try to take the ribbing you will get with a grain of salt and if we do something really well don't rub the poo in their feces :)

FIFY Chris

And in my humble, and useless opinion, this is a legitimate question with a different topic. You get a Single Attaboy!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Nice Kosar reference Chris. There's probably about five of us here that are old enough to get it.
I see your Kosar and raise you a Frank Ryan.

minormillikin

Reaction score
chris98251":2dzy78am said:

With "Art Modell Rules" on the other side.

Disclaimer: You will be murdered.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2m2vqnqh said:
Nice Kosar reference Chris. There's probably about five of us here that are old enough to get it.
I see your Kosar and raise you a Frank Ryan.

Before Kodak there was Brian Sipe.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My daughter went to college in Cleveland, at Cleveland State, and went to Browns games while there. She's a Seahawks fan first, but also a Browns fan and still follows them. I'll ask her if she has any tips.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I live in Ohio and will be at the game. Cleveland is a good, blue collar, town that has passionate fans. I’ve been to the last few Hawks’ games there. The Charlie Whitehurst, the Phil Dawson off the upright, etc... I’ve been there. For the most part it’s like any stadium... don’t be an asshole and you’ll be fine. You will hear some taunts and jokes... but, in my experience it’s good fun. There are jerks and as referenced above the Dawg Pound can really carry some drunks just like the Hawks nest. I’m looking forward to it as I think it’ll be a huge test and we usually don’t play well there. Would love to see us blast them so I can piss off my buddies who are diehard Browns fans and have been waiting a long time.

Lastly, if the above Kosar reference doesn’t work... you could scream out something like Kelly Jennings was 1000 times better than the original “dawg” Hanford Dixon.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":105olzcf said:
I can't imagine buying a ticket and actually flying to Cleveland for any reason. Seriously.

Haha. Well I guess that says a lot.

However - I did say I was given the tickets as a gift. And I will be driving. So it won't be the same level of commitment as it would be for you. Obviously my dream bucket list item is to attend and fully experience a Seahawks where I can genuinely appreciate what it means to be a fan of this incredible franchise.

But in the meantime - the Cleveland game is what I have to work with. :D
I'll definitely do what I can to be safe and make it a good experience for my family.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and great suggestions for ice breakers and opening conversation starters with the Cleveland fans. That should definitely help.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
olyfan63":ea8rar4o said:
My daughter went to college in Cleveland, at Cleveland State, and went to Browns games while there. She's a Seahawks fan first, but also a Browns fan and still follows them. I'll ask her if she has any tips.

Thanks so much. I'd be really interested in hearing how she navigated it. So did she wear Seahawks or Browns fan gear? :lol:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I can't fathom what shit browns fans could even say? They are the joke of the NFL .