Clowney

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1njyanzn said:
Sgt. Largent":1njyanzn said:
Seymour":1njyanzn said:
Just because he was the only disruptive player at times, does not put him into the same category as a true game wrecker like Chandler Jones with 19 sacks being paid $16M per year. So you want to compete paying a 3 sack guy $22M and hamper yourself from finding and signing guys like Diggs that come available?

Good luck with that. Our D flat out sucked with Clowney at $8M. Don't expect it to improve by paying him $22M!!! :177692:

Well it sure as hell isn't going improve with how we've drafted D-linemen of late.

I get that Clowney isn't the answer only, loud and clear. But he's a start, and without him I'd love to hear your gameplan for rebuilding the D-line. Why don't you be proactive Seymour, instead of just crapping on everyone else's opinions.

Let's hear it, gimme your gameplan for the defense.

Crapping over EVERYONE'S opinion or debating yours? :roll:

I'm not the only one that thinks his price will be too high for what he brings. Do it with speed / motor rotational guys that you can keep fresh like we did with Clemons, Avril, Bennett all with reasonable contracts, all signed from outside. Those 3 are cheaper combined then Clowney's new deal will be.

Then, when "the guy" goes down you don't have so much riding on it. You also have less injury concern as they will have less reps.

the majority of people on this thread agree with me, yet you've only decided to crap on my posts. Hmm.

So your solution is to bring in a bunch of clemons, avril and bennett types. Wow, that's quite the solution.

Sounds amazing, yeah I agree with you. In that case, let's bring in some Sherman, Earl and Kam types too, don't stop there, also bring in some Marshawn, Doug, Golden, Big Red and Bruce Irvin types too.

Hell, let's just clone the entire SB roster from 2013.

Seymour

Reaction score
Newsflash!!!!

Majority does not = everyone.

"Everyone" is just a desperate exaggeration. I'm not crapping on anyone. I disagree with your "sign him of we'll die" opinion though. That type of thinking only imagines the loss of the player with no replacement options or imagination.

Where would we have been without Diggs??

Also, many were saying the same as you about Clark....INCLUDING YOU!!

We don't find Clowney at $8M (great bargain), if we listen to you and sign Clark at all costs!!! :177692:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You won't fix pass rush in the draft unless you trade up for a top 10 talent and even that's a 50-50 proposition. Rookies generally take a while to get it unless you get Nick Bosa or Aaron Donald. Even Clowney took a couple years to develop his skills.

The pass rush will be fixed in free Agency and it will start with looking at Clowney first since he knows the system and we know him. After that I expect we'll look for guys like Quinn, Ogbah, Fowler. Or work a trade for someone chewing too much cap space.

But don't think pass rush will turn around from the draft. That's wishful thinking.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8p221kro said:
.....So your solution is to bring in a bunch of clemons, avril and bennett types. Wow, that's quite the solution.

Twisting words and changing what I said so you can make a dumb argument to "discredit it"?

Weak sauce..... :roll:

I said bring in good value speed / high motor types and use a rotation LIKE we did with those players. Not go find their clones like you attempt to change it to.

I wonder how many Texan's thought they were "doomed" without Clowney?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6qnnxzow said:
I have an unfortunate suspicion after listening to his post game that Clowney is going to end up somewhere else...hope not but I doubt he will tolerate a less than his market value deal.
I think he played for the Seahawks with an "I'll Prove My Worth" attitude, and what's more, even playing with a Core Injury, he played like his hair was on fire....I don't think JS is going to try and lowball him.
He likes playing for the Seahawks organization, I don't think he's going to come cheap, but I believe he's going re-sign. :vodka:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Would there be more attractive places to go for Clowney other than seattle?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1216788171335196673[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1bbpo7iq said:
Would there be more attractive places to go for Clowney other than seattle?

Clowney wants two things;

1. Get paid
2. Play for a contender

So sure, if that other place is a team that's going to break the bank for him AND a team that's a perennial contender. He loves it here, loves his teammates, he's said as much. But unless we at least match what he's going to be offered in FA, for sure he'll go elsewhere if it's the right fit.

As he should. Like Marshawn said, take care of that chicken.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm with Sgt.on this one..
You build the DL around JC..It's hard to impress me
but watching him does..
We paid a high$$$To a QB,LB and now is onto DL
and that is JC period.
If there was a WAR stat for football he crushes Clark.

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/byAlistairCorp/status/1212818420577603584[/tweet]

double team rate as an edge (x) by pass rush win rate as an edge (y) compared with others for the entire season.

PRWR = rate pass rusher beats blocker in 2.5 seconds.

ENDfrOZW4AARu7Qformatjpgnamelarge

truehawksfan

Reaction score
If you google the importance of QB pressure, you’ll find stories saying this is equal to getting sacks. You forced the QB to throw the ball sooner then expected forcing an incomplete pass. Sure, it isn’t a splashy play like a sack, but just as effective.

Clowney is just a one man wrecking crew. Not only will he apply a ton of pressure, but he’s a great run stopper...he’ll truck a RB behind the LOS. And, this happens every single game.

To be honest, I can see JS
-Sign an unrestricted FA. (Ansah)
-Make a trade. (Clemons, Richardson, and Clowney)
-Draft a DE
This gives the Hawks 4 edge rushers signed to a 1 high, 2 mid, and 1 low contract. The team has the cap space to do this.

Can we sign a player to a prove it contract, like Avril and Bennett? Would love it, but I just can’t see this happen.

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'd offer Clowney Wagner's contract (3 yrs /54 million 40+ guaranteed)

diver110

Reaction score
Another vote for keeping Clowney. He wants a SB. I doubt if he can do better than the Hawks, at least I hope so.

davidonmi

Reaction score
there's a line for how much you are willing to pay. however if it's close to 20 million sign me up.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
IDGAF WHO he is, you don't slap down huge money for a 6th year vet. Teams bust themselves long term on deals like that and get screwed all the time. IDC how good he is or how much of our defense he was this year. NO player in such a brutal position should be kept if the cost is high. It ALWAYS bites us in the ass! :34853_doh: :141847_bnono:

flmmkrz

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3n9txpmt said:
In this instance you have to ask yourself WWBCD? :pukeface:

(What would BelliCheat Do?) :twisted:

You can't ask that question, 2 decidedly different philosophies, both successful. Pete and John have built an environment in which players are rewarded for their hard work and results, they get loyalty, players want to be here. Sometimes the money doesn't work and they move on but you rarely hear people out the door saying that Seattle was a terrible place to play. Bellichek has an approach that has worked well for him but nobody does it like he does, so you cant emulate him, you just have to do what has made you successful.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Clowney thrives in a 3-4 playing standing up and attacking the gaps. Playing with his hand in the dirt takes away his strengths. Unless Seatlle switches to a 3-4 forget forget about him. Plus he's a reckless player and who wants that on their team these days.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ClippedBird":259hcqo5 said:
Clowney thrives in a 3-4 playing standing up and attacking the gaps. Playing with his hand in the dirt takes away his strengths. Unless Seatlle switches to a 3-4 forget forget about him. Plus he's a reckless player and who wants that on their team these days.
Clipped ..You seem fixtated on JC like John is on RW.
We get it man but enough ..The seasons over and both
teams are done.. :0190l: