Cody Barton is terrible

knownone

Reaction score
Waldron and Geno are carrying Pete and his sorry defense on their backs. It's not sustainable. Pinning it all on Barton is misguided. A coach worth his salt wouldn't even have Barton on the field.
Pete is the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. He gets credit and blame for both sides of the ball.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I wish Bobby Wagner was still a Seahawk.
I said before that despite all the ink spilt on the Russ deal that losing Bobby might be a bigger loss to our team than losing Russ and it's seeming that's accurate.

Of course, would we be missing him as much right now if Adams didn't get injured? Not as sure about that...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I said before that despite all the ink spilt on the Russ deal that losing Bobby might be a bigger loss to our team than losing Russ and it's seeming that's accurate.

Of course, would we be missing him as much right now if Adams didn't get injured? Not as sure about that...
I still would....because Barton would still be playing. Adams would have no impact on whether Barton plays or not. Wagner would have direct impact on it.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I still would....because Barton would still be playing. Adams would have no impact on whether Barton plays or not. Wagner would have direct impact on it.
True, but Barton's horribleness might be mitigated by Adams presence/leadership.

But I get your point.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Never thought Barton was good/starter material in the first place.

Seattle coaching staff really whiffed on him.

Add LB to needed position as well in the next draft.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
He claims we didn’t even try to figure out a way to keep him. Just cut home without him knowing.

He actually back tracked on that a bit. Basically said that he didn't take the Seahawks calls because "he knew what they were going to say", forcing their hand. Hawks would have gladly asked him to take a pay cut, if he would have accepted it. Bobby didn't allow them an opportunity to even ask.

Love the dude, but all that talk about how the Seahawks front office did him wrong was mostly him just being upset, and didn't turn out to be true.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Since the beginning of the year he's played very poorly. Sure he had a sack in game 1 along with that good play against the screen. But other than that he is either not seeing the play. Inexplicably flowing away from the ball or when he does make a tackle the ball carrier is falling forward. Quite possibly the worst starting LBer in recent memory for the Seahawks.