Cody Barton is terrible

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
His play against Detroit, where he didn't get the TE out of bounds was really pathetic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a MLB with less on field awareness and body control than Barton.

Out of all of the defensive positions, middle linebackers and safeties need to have the most intuition and spatial awareness in order to always be in the right positions, gaps, fits and coverage assignments.

Barton has NONE of this. Dude's constantly out of position and more importantly has awful gap awareness. I guess there's no one else? Idk, but he's a defensive liability.

orca

Reaction score
The Seahawks went into the season awfully thin at LB. Now Barton looks completely lost out there, really bizarre. Hawks should get a veteran in, like former Chiefs' Anthony Hitchens. Can't be worse. Or maybe take a chance on former 1st Round pick Jarrad Davis, who's currently on the Lions PS. Although that guy seems to have lost his juice. Maybe Seattle could change that and get him back to his old form...

GemCity

Reaction score
He’s strong but, he looks slower this year. The part of the game where I thought he’d be ok is intelligence…it’s not even close to where he should be.

The offense has to come to you. You don’t have to be the fastest guy on the field at LB but you damn well better know how to maintain your gap.

My 5th grade pee wee ILBs make better decisions than this dude.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sadly this is but one area where our LB are killing us. Gotta hope something changes and soon

morgulon1

Reaction score
The entire LB group is under performing. Barton appears to be the worst of the group but I've
also seen him make some decent plays here and there. What about Taylor ? Brooks? They were
taken in 2nd and 1st round and came into the league with a belief of having solid NFL careers.
They should be the catalysts of this defense. Barton has been singled out . He is the cause for
world hunger , war in Eastern Europe , COVID , I heard he even started AIDS.

Cody Barton nominee for the 2022 "Brian Russell Award"

Old school .net joke right there man.

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
Dave Wyman defending Barton all those years really makes me wonder what he was seeing

He sees the kind of player who brings their lunch pail to work every day. The kind of player you would want your daughter to date. Film room junkie.

Seriously I don’t know. He was really really good at Utah and maybe hoping something clicks? Only thing I got.

BamKam

Reaction score
Barton has always sucked. I’m more concerned with Taylor and Brooks being invisible all of a sudden.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sure missing me some BWags right now.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He has half a dozen epic lowlights this year.

Brooks and Barton are out of position constantly. Hesitant. Not wrapping up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aaron Curry is our linebackers coach. I don't think he's getting enough blame here, so I'll point the finger.

And Barton stinks. Bad draft pick

James in PA

Reaction score
Question: Who wins in a race between Tariq Woolen and Cody Barton?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanted to like Barton but he is just plain awful.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The guy can’t open field tackle for shit. I felt like he got burned a few times by Mariota last week and just gashed by Patterson
And yet, he has the defensive play of the year on an open field tackle to force the donkeys into a long FG attempt. I have a very hard time imagining there will be amore meaningful defensive play this season. More highlight reel plays from anyone? Of course, but anything short of another Tip isn't going to have anywhere near the impact that one play did.

Optimus25

Reaction score
He had the worst technique on hockenson’s 81 yard play I’ve ever seen in an nfl player. And I’m counting offensive players who have had to try to tackle after interceptions.

Go watch the replay. Yes, that’s a backup RB he (barton) has a world of difficulty shedding for the tackle.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Barton is a dog chasing own tail out there.

Not LOB approved.

flv2

Reaction score
Wagner in 2022 looks like a $7M player with a $12M contract. Be careful what you wish for.