Coldplay will headline Super Bowl 50 halftime show

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
253hawk":3dlg40kj said:
NBC and FOX have used Foo Fighters tracks in their montages and bumper music for a decade, so they'd be a no-brainer at this point, but I wouldn't like to see them having to pay the NFL in order for 'the privilege' to perform. JFC, the NFL is putting a price tag on anything and everything they can at this point while simultaneously watering down the product. I hope the whole league implodes.
Thank you for pointing that out so i didn't have to.

The NFL is soooooo greedy that they want to monetize the halftime show to the point that the band actually has to pay.

They would rather get paid to piss fans off than pay for a halftime show worth seeing

253hawk

Reaction score
Even worse, I really don't think Coldplay is among most NFL fans' favorite artists. Angsty British artsy-fartsy rock =/= football music. Nor Katy Perry or a lot of the other acts they've had over the past several years. The NFL is clearly cherry-picking from the Pop-40 charts to get the non-football fans watching, and now they want to double-dip. It's all about the money nowadays, always. The greed is everywhere and it just sickens me. The NFL makes more money for running a single 30 second SB ad than most people will ever see in their entire lives.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Coldplay sell an inordinate amount of records to say that nobody actually likes them.

The NFL will miss a trick if Coldplay sing "Fix You" and don't have Tomsula and Jed York swaying hand in hand over a prostrate Aldon Smith.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3eodwp6f said:
Coldplay sell an inordinate amount of records to say that nobody actually likes them.

The NFL will miss a trick if Coldplay sing "Fix You" and don't have Tomsula and Jed York swaying hand in hand over a prostrate Aldon Smith.

Harbaugh appearance on "Clocks?"

rideaducati

Reaction score
retro74":3ipxfczl said:
Coldplay are awful. Over here they are the preserve of the middle aged people that were uncool as youths but want to appear 'alternative' now they are all grown up

I would have expected a bigger act for Super Bowl 50

The only problem with that is that all the "bigger" acts are pushing 70 years old and sound awful doing live music.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2eqtrsf6 said:
JaiSeaSea":2eqtrsf6 said:
About as bad as Hawks Superbowl intro in 49. Ugh what a let down after Kurt Russell and Metallica in 48.

FOX has fantastic production. NBC is okay. For SB 50 we're going to get:

CBS crap production
Phil Simms commentary
Coldplay halftime
49ers crap field
Tracy Wolfson's mole

CBS, huh. I wonder if we are going to miss half the 3rd quarter so we can watch "bonus coverage" of the Coldplay halftime show? :pukeface:

A

Anonymous

Uncle Si":3bx1nx8q said:
Popeyejones":3bx1nx8q said:
Uncle Si":3bx1nx8q said:
I've always felt the Foo Fighters are the perfect halftime show choice...

Great call. Yeah. Really perfect for the job description. Grohl (and the Foo Fighters more generally) have got to be up there for least disliked (in any circle) band in history.

I like them despite not even liking them. :lol: :lol:

My thoughts too... i like their music... will never buy an album. Good energy to their songs, pretty safe content and by all accounts a great live show.

So like, the likelihood of a wardrobe malfunction is fairly remote then?