Collier saves the game!

Zap90

Reaction score
Lano also, he took down the FB.

But it's all teamwork.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Half the defense was right behind him so I don't think that play was gonna work.

The Breh

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":35mv2gp2 said:
Half the defense was right behind him so I don't think that play was gonna work.
Hill has made some strides thi year for sure.
Let Collier get some shine tho too, goddamn.
Stopping Cam with any more momentum is very difficult.

Zap90

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1zspxfbt said:
Collier delivered a serious smack. Stopped Cam cold. Mano on Mano with the game on the line.

Our prevent D SUCKS!

Bro that wasn't prevent D.

They rushed with 4 and even with 5. Prevent D is 3 DL only.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It was fairly easy to see that coming he was going left or right of the A gap all night so knew if they put enough people there it would get stuffed and they did. Nice adjustment and good job from Hill and Collier.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2cirwm8a said:
It was fairly easy to see that coming he was going left or right of the A gap all night so knew if they put enough people there it would get stuffed and they did. Nice adjustment and good job from Hill and Collier.
A ca$h money play by both players! :2thumbs:

TwilightError

Reaction score
A great, great play for LJ! But this ending reminded me so much of last season.. The heart rate busting suspense until the very end.. I had hoped we didnt need to suffer through these anymore.. But no.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LJ didn't have much bearing on the play. Hill blew through two defenders and squared up on the defender. Collier didn't give any ground, so I have to give him credit there. That being said he also had the entire defense backing him up. Not an impressive play by him by any stretch of the imagination. Hill was the true hero there. If Hill got washed out by blockers that play had a chance.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":z5zkybr2 said:
LJ didn't have much bearing on the play. Hill blew through two defenders and squared up on the defender. Collier didn't give any ground, so I have to give him credit there. That being said he also had the entire defense backing him up. Not an impressive play by him by any stretch of the imagination. Hill was the true hero there. If Hill got washed out by blockers that play had a chance.

WTF are you babbling about? He hit him 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. There was good chance he was going to be stuffed anyways but I'm sure glad we didn't have to find out for sure. Hill's vital contribution was he did his job & took on the blocker & funneled the play into where the whole defense was waiting but lets not just dismiss Collier like he wasn't even there.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2w546k2v said:
Spin Doctor":2w546k2v said:

WTF are you babbling about? He hit him 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. There was good chance he was going to be stuffed anyways but I'm sure glad we didn't have to find out for sure. Hill's vital contribution was he did his job & took on the blocker & funneled the play into where the whole defense was waiting but lets not just dismiss Collier like he wasn't even there.

Copier made the tackle. Credit where credit is due.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":xs4lokhl said:

You might want to watch the play again.

LJ absolutely hit him first and tripped him up

D

DomeHawk

Spin Doctor":5i7i1vgg said:

Collier tackled Cam, not Hill. He slipped off the line, Hill just took on the FB, but the play was inside the FB. Good chance Cam scores w/o Collier's tackle.

You might want to watch it here:

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2020/09/ ... riots.html

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Zap90":dxvg45r6 said:
Appyhawk":dxvg45r6 said:
Collier delivered a serious smack. Stopped Cam cold. Mano on Mano with the game on the line.

Our prevent D SUCKS!

EVERY goal line defensive play is prevent! Where the field is compressed it becomes prevent ANY gain, instead of the "do NOT let anyone get behind you" prevent D that precedes red zone play.
We failed to keep them out of the red zone because even heroes make mistakes. Adams let Eidelman get behind him to make that deep catch which enabled them to have the opportunity to win the game. We should never have been in a position to need to make a goal line stand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unreal play by Collier. He just owned that Lineman like he wasn't even there. And taking out Cam's legs was brilliant. Plus, Lano of all people taking out the fullback. They were very prepared (finally) on that play.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Zap90":3ijt7o5f said:
Appyhawk":3ijt7o5f said:

Our prevent D SUCKS!

No 3 DL rush is for 3rd and 20+ or Hail Mary defense.

Prevent D is soft zone coverage behind a standard rush. Keep everything in front with inside leverage and tackle ASAP to limit yards after catch and players getting to the sidelines. It's all about bleeding clock.

Rat

Reaction score
Wish he was further along in his development, but at least he’s finally doing things that can be called promising. Hope he gets involved more and more.

Latest posts