Colts LB Edwin Jackson killed by drunk driver this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
nategreat":2kkifj5q said:
chris98251":2kkifj5q said:
Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Drunk drivers both deserve and need to be slammed and demeaned, buddy. And that's what this story is all about. Get out of here with that. Start a new thread about distracted driving if you want, but don't defend drunk drivers.

On topic, this is really sad news and irks me quite a bit.

Put down your beer and read what I wrote !

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":3a8uv6cf said:
chris98251":3a8uv6cf said:
Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Did you notice I said “drunk/distracted”?

That includes cell phones, eating a burger, and one of peeves, women putting on makeup.

Driving is a lot bigger responsibility than most of us consider it.

IMHO distracted driver crashes should be prosecuted and punished just like a DWI crash.
The results are the same, and the driver made the same choice.
Driving when they shouldn’t have been.
We should all be equally concerned about any distractions.

Under the influence = Texting = Putting on makeup
If you kill or injure another, punishment should be =

Yes but distracted with intent and drunk due to stupidity in choices, I think the Cell phone problem is 10 times worse because there is intent to use it when you can choose not to, stupid drunks driving is a choice also but being intoxicated also alters judgement, just wish there was a way around stupid that could save lives.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1ooqx0qc said:
seahawkfreak":1ooqx0qc said:
RolandDeschain":1ooqx0qc said:
seahawkfreak":1ooqx0qc said:
So sad. Wonder why the driver didn't have a license.
I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm not gonna go there.

Yup

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that his immigration status or lack of a drivers license probably didn't have anything to do with this.

The guy was driving drunk at 4 in the morning.

He was a twice deported illegal immigrant, it most certainly does have something to do with it. He isn't here two people would still be alive.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2r94cg17 said:
Chapow":2r94cg17 said:
seahawkfreak":2r94cg17 said:
RolandDeschain":2r94cg17 said:
I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm not gonna go there.

Yup

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that his immigration status or lack of a drivers license probably didn't have anything to do with this.

The guy was driving drunk at 4 in the morning.

He was a twice deported illegal immigrant, it most certainly does have something to do with it. He isn't here two people would still be alive.

Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Chapow":1csmm0py said:
Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.
This thread's getting close to persona non grata territory, but his point is completely valid. If he's an illegal and not supposed to be here, and we enforced immigration laws more, he'd be driving drunk in his native country and not the United States. This particular incident would not have happened.

It's basic logic.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Let's stick to the topic at hand here people. We don't need to derail the thread with other stuff here. :141847_bnono:

hawkman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23hpf8qq said:
It's shocking how often illegals cause this kind of thing. Very sad.

I got rear ended by one a few years back. And of course he didn’t have insurance. Cop called Homeland Security to come get him. I asked what would happen to him. They said they would deport him and he would most likely be back illegally within weeks. :pukeface:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Chapow":1a831a56 said:

Nobody has ever been killed by a drunk US citizen.

This guy probly stole someones job to.

Crizilla

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":7iqyqb0r said:
Chapow":7iqyqb0r said:

When a US citizen does something like this then its a drinking and driving problem, when an illegal does something like this its a drinking and driving problem and a national security problem since he/she is in the country illegally. It just makes the situation even worse. Something has to be done. A lot of people are sick and tired of events like this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2dclf5on said:
This thread bums me out for several reasons. Preach, Chapow.
XxXdragonXxX":2dclf5on said:

So, since you can't still all drinking and driving incidents, what; may as well not even try? Just let whatever happen, happen? Excellent idea. :roll:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":kw6af3se said:
WindCityHawk":kw6af3se said:
This thread bums me out for several reasons. Preach, Chapow.
XxXdragonXxX":kw6af3se said:

So, since you can't still all drinking and driving incidents, what; may as well not even try? Just let whatever happen, happen? Excellent idea. :roll:

We could try making drunk driving illegal.

Osprey

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":hwhkymr6 said:
Chapow":hwhkymr6 said:

Must have stolen a good job to be driving that truck.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Guys KitsapGuy has already asked once. Please keep the discussion away from the drivers immigration status.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
original poster":3h0j7htl said:
Guys KitsapGuy has already asked once. Please keep the discussion away from the drivers immigration status.

Sounds good. Been thinking about the poor uber driver. When I heard the names I was thinking this was one of Jackson's friends but just ended up being the wrong guy in the wrong place trying to help someone out that was sick and making a living.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3v09vl2c said:
original poster":3v09vl2c said:

Sounds good. Been thinking about the poor uber driver. When I heard the names I was thinking this was one of Jackson's friends but just ended up being the wrong guy in the wrong place trying to help someone out that was sick and making a living.

Yeah truly horrible.

I thought it was a friend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.