Colts on third down

Nearpost

Reaction score
I haven't checked the stats, but it seemed that we worked so hard all day to get them to third down, and they converted way to many. I'm frustrated, don't know much compared to many on here, (sneaky disclaimer), but thought our secondary got owned today.

Ref's were poor at times, but didn't they let us off with a slap to Luck's head? Looked like a make up call for the awful Offensive pass interference call on Golden.

My first new thread on here, and happy to be told off, educated, and flamed. Go Hawks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I also, with out stats, had no confidence in our 3rd-down D. I hate that feeling, knowing that some big play or penalty will allow them to keep moving forward when on the first two downs we played so tough. I hope we can fix that, get a bit more pressure up the middle of the D-Line, and give QBs a bit less time. Luck was good today, though; very clutch! (tips hat)

MisagoNJ

Reaction score
This was driving me absolutely BONKERS yesterday! It was a not a fun feeling to have that sense of dread every time the Colts got to a 3rd down. Hats off to Andrew Luck, but damn, even just ONE stop could have meant a win for us. Can only hope the D finds their way again next week.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The officials converted a few third downs for them too.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
This is why we brought in Antoine Winfield. I'm still not sure he wouldn't have helped in this one.

Luck's pocket presence is another reason. Most other quarterbacks would've gone down more often. I'm not overly worried, since this team now has a pass rush on the road. That's already better than last season.