Comp Pick Situation

mikeak

Reaction score
^ doesn’t negate the fact that everyone judging the Sheldon R. Trade from the perspective of a late 2nd for a late 3rd are now left to face that we gave up a 2nd round pick for Sheldon for one year....

edogg23

Reaction score
I think the seahawks have officially lost their minds. They have given up 3 4th round picks to basically pickup replacement depth. This is an example of how you don't build for the future. I am so disappointed in their moves this off season.

edogg23

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gh9zpex said:
I doubt they care :lol:
Yeah when you traded away picks and are trying to rebuild why should you care about getting comp picks anyways? It's not like the patriots or Rams are getting any.

12forlife

Reaction score
edogg23":1c19rk9r said:
SoulfishHawk":1c19rk9r said:
I doubt they care :lol:
Yeah when you traded away picks and are trying to rebuild why should you care about getting comp picks anyways? It's not like the patriots or Rams are getting any.

Our 2nd rd pick wan't just simply traded away, we got our starting LT. That is a big deal! :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm saying they don't care if YOU are disappointed. It's March 28th, plenty of things will happen before training camp.

naholmes

Reaction score
edogg23":38jdep15 said:
I think the seahawks have officially lost their minds. They have given up 3 4th round picks to basically pickup replacement depth. This is an example of how you don't build for the future. I am so disappointed in their moves this off season.
I doubt they lost their minds. It tells me that the FO either does not consider the signings to be mere “replacement depth” or perhaps they just don’t place much value in those future picks in the 130s. I do understand the disappointment because the long term talent level would probably be higher if they committed to guys like Darboh and Vannett and took the comp picks. On the other hand, that is often what we see bad teams do and I don’t want the Seahawks to be a bad team with one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
4th rounders to guys that can contribute and have proven ability or 4th round draft picks we whiff on and have done historically.

I think that's the difference.

original poster

Reaction score
All of these guys can be cut by week 9 and not count against the formula. Lots of overreaction here.

Besides, if you have the choice of a proven vet who can come in and perform or a 4th round comp pick, you almost always take the proven guy. Always.