Competition and depth at QB

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35dgfhn0 said:
Family reunion with Tarvaris?
There is a reason no team has signed him and I'm NOT refering to his "incident". What do you think that reason is?
< cue the Jeopardy theme song here >

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20ez8o6k said:
Siouxhawk":20ez8o6k said:
There is a reason no team has signed him and I'm NOT refering to his "incident". What do you think that reason is?
You tell me.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's political and the Shield and teams are worried about image, he could easily be blacklisted.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":fo96dlww said:
It's political and the Shield and teams are worried about image, he could easily be blacklisted.
I'm just amazed we haven't heard a peep one way or another. Facts are all the charges against him were dropped. What I don't know is were there any requirements that went along with the dropped charges? Is he still with his wife? These are all still mysteries yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":jsm43hjg said:
chris98251":jsm43hjg said:
I'm just amazed we haven't heard a peep one way or another. Facts are all the charges against him were dropped. What I don't know is were there any requirements that went along with the dropped charges? Is he still with his wife? These are all still mysteries yet.

The fact that everything is quiet would be what I would be concerned about, the NFL loving attention and nothing about him being projected would throw up some red flags.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3s6lewvs said:
Enough Bevell boy.:) He was never actually good or average say like Alex Smith? Facts are facts TJ sucks he can't throw to half the field? Seriously? and Alex Smith is average-possible good if leading an awesome and stacked team? Possibly? Kansas City is solid/really good. they just have to solve New England.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2g3iqyp2 said:
Sports Hernia":2g3iqyp2 said:
Siouxhawk":2g3iqyp2 said:
You tell me.
I know the reason and it's obvious. Do you know the reason?

Josea16

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":44bm008s said:
As things stand Boykin is our qb2. I have no problem with this as I loved the guy coming out of TCU. He's clearly very raw though and I wonder what the plan would be if RW went down.

With that in mind and at the very least we need camp arms are there any FA qbs you would kick the tires on? Kaepernick has been mentioned as will be I'm sure, now that he has been released, RG3.

What about the draft, is there anyone in the later rounds or udfa that might have a chance of beating out Boykin or provide some decent camp competition?

In short, qb2 what do?
You have to understand how weak the quarterback draft class is and the FA possibilities in combination. Oswhieler getting traded and traded for real value? Ok, you have your quarterback market, good luck Denver/Houston about Romo. Personally I'd finally force the Cowboys to cut him and pay shit to either and let Denver/Houston compete against each other. Denver is fine at QB with a decent OL but don't tell John Elway because I love when Denver sucks ass. Houston on the other hand has serious issues at quarterback. I suppose you could sign Keapernick at starting money again? Seems Cleveland doesn't even buy that crap and that's pretty bad.

Boykin can be clipboard Jesus and call coin flips cheaper then TJ. And as a bonus run the same offense as Russell Wilson.

Josea16

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3evrj17n said:
Siouxhawk":3evrj17n said:
Can't pass to left? I know it's left or right I took a guess sue me. Fact is he's a half the field quarterback. Great coin flip guesser though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Josea16":3i1oi2vv said:
Sports Hernia":3i1oi2vv said:
Siouxhawk":3i1oi2vv said:
Can't pass to left? I know it's left or right I took a guess sue me. Fact is he's a half the field quarterback. Great coin flip guesser though.
You're getting warmer, but it's a lot more simplistic than that.

He is excellent at coin flips, I'll give him that. 8)

Josea16

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wh8ss3k said:
Josea16":1wh8ss3k said:
Sports Hernia":1wh8ss3k said:
Siouxhawk":1wh8ss3k said:

Ouchie Mama. My exact opinion but I'm new and stealth.;)

Josea16

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wo6cehb said:
Josea16":1wo6cehb said:
Sports Hernia":1wo6cehb said:
Siouxhawk":1wo6cehb said:

Sorry but Keapernick is way better. Stop teasing and give me your true opinion

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":1d7ikffz said:
Siouxhawk":1d7ikffz said:
Enough Bevell boy.:) He was never actually good or average say like Alex Smith? Facts are facts TJ sucks he can't throw to half the field? Seriously? and Alex Smith is average-possible good if leading an awesome and stacked team? Possibly? Kansas City is solid/really good. they just have to solve New England.
He fit the bill as our starter/backup in Pete and John's opinion for 4 years, so he must've been doing something right. He would cost virtually nothing against the cap and would provide a comfortable veteran presence. He has a winning starting record in the NFL and his QB ration is around 90, so he obviously has talent.

If you have more knowledge of his situation sports hernia, please provide.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Boykin has had a full year in our system, he'll continue to grow and develop as our primary backup quarterback. If he gets meaningful reps in games, that just ups his tradeability. Boykin is talented and football smart. The team will most-likely bring in another camp arm for competition and reps. Boykin is our main backup for the foreseeable future...and I'm totally fine with that.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":q0o8wao5 said:
Josea16":q0o8wao5 said:
Siouxhawk":q0o8wao5 said:
He fit the bill as our starter/backup in Pete and John's opinion for 4 years, so he must've been doing something right. He would cost virtually nothing against the cap and would provide a comfortable veteran presence. He has a winning starting record in the NFL and his QB ration is around 90, so he obviously has talent.

Seriously? That man costs twice as much as Boykin at the least and can't run or throw like Boykin and I'm supposed to support him? What next? A Haushka/Gresham pity party?

There are actual reasons why none are Seahawks and one at least one is dealing with real life like 99% of us.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":30nwr6o9 said:
Siouxhawk":30nwr6o9 said:
Josea16":30nwr6o9 said:
Siouxhawk":30nwr6o9 said:

Seriously? That man costs twice as much as Boykin at the least and can't run or throw like Boykin and I'm supposed to support him? What next? A Haushka/Gresham pity party?

There actual reasons why neither are Seahawks and one is dealing with real life like 99% of us.
I don't know how you could substantiate that Boykin throws a better ball than T-Jack. Being 10 years his younger, yes his wheels are better.

I just find it odd that Tarvaris isn't in the conversation for a job somewhere considering the talent being signed at the QB position. Kellen Clemens? Brandon Weeden?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He's a 33 year old career back up (he was not a good starter)... without even considering his personal issues, there is no rush by any team to go and sign him as a back up

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Cap issues prevent limit us from getting a quality backup QB. All we can do is make sure we have a guy who knows the system, and can maybe avoid a disaster for a game or two. If RW goes down with anything serious, look for Schneider to make a big move then (a la the Vikings getting Sam Bradford last year).