Congrats from a Pats Fan

Gametime

Reaction score
How did the refs not feel that much difference?

Ehhhh. Just hope it doesn't become the focus cause there are GREAT story lines all over the place! Too much good to talk about rather than the negatives. As long as they don't cheat in the Bowl. :)

What about HFA? With all the Native or former Northwest folks that snowbird or moved to AZ, how does that not turn out to be a Hawks advantage? I know the Pats are nationally followed and travel but this could be like SB48 in terms of the noise. I know way too many people already going to the game I hope its like 75% - 25% and CRAZY loud.

Welcome to the board Furi..... I've often thought about what would happen or how I'd feel if the Hawks were caught doing something like that (PED's and weed not counting). It would suck big time to feel like we were lied to as a fan base. I totally agree with you on that one.

OP
OP
BillBelichick

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Thanks for the friendly welcome, everyone - it should be a match-up for the ages.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/557748673208401921[/tweet]

I'm going to hold off on judgement on this until some final official word comes down. The media loves sensationalizing stuff like this surrounding the Pats to an insane extent:

Aaron Rodgers publicly says he tries to sneak over-inflated balls into games (and during a win against the Pats no less) - no big deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... tball-talk

Lions use 4-linemen tactic in Week 6 - no big deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-pat ... inemen-set

We shall see...

635572203062633169_04_Colts18_mk_1.jpg

Gametime

Reaction score
BillBelichick":1stb06mj said:
Thanks for the friendly welcome, everyone - it should be a match-up for the ages.

I'm going to hold off on judgement on this until some final official word comes down. The media loves sensationalizing stuff like this surrounding the Pats to an insane extent:

Aaron Rodgers publicly says he tries to sneak over-inflated balls into games (and during a win against the Pats no less) - no big deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... tball-talk

Lions use 4-linemen tactic in Week 6 - no big deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-pat ... inemen-set

We shall see...

635572203062633169_04_Colts18_mk_1.jpg

It's impossible to know how many other teams do this or how common it is. You are 100% correct that it's about the story and the hype. I have zero problem with the 4 lineman thing. Super creative and for me it's good coaching.

This game will come down to athletes. Both teams will be prepared, both teams will be out to prove something. I love that this game is in AZ (Where the Hawks are very familiar and the stadium will be really packed with 12's) and that they have been there already. That game Sunday was perfect. What's better to sharpen your game and focus than almost losing it all?

Going to be a GREAT game.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
Welcome to the board guys and a congrats to the Pats as well. I also think this will be an absolutely awesome game. Seahawks 31, Patriots 23.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkGA":30d7uzrf said:
Seahawk Sailor":30d7uzrf said:
We have all kinds of refreshments and entertainment.

There are refreshments?

Yeah man. In the forum right under The Smack Shack, labeled The Moderators' Lounge and Kitchenette. Please clean up after yourself, and if you kill the joe, you make some mo!

tailgater

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another Pats fan here.

I think this game is shaping up to be one for the ages. I expect to see a close game, decided by 4 points or less (like the last 5 SB's the Pats have played under BB and Brady).

I think it will come down to two things - how the Pats contain RW / handle the RO, and how the Hawks handle the no-huddle, fast paced offense of the Pats.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Great post and welcome.

I don't think this will be that high of a score. The point ceiling will be lowered to what you aren't used to seeing.
Much like the Packers game, it really depends if Russell and the offense can answer to the opponents points (obviously). But I figure it will come down to the last drive at a low score tie.

Then... there's the other side of me where I wouldn't be surprise if we will score high, but you low.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
furi0usbee":b0s0gq1y said:
RolandDeschain":b0s0gq1y said:
furi0usbee":b0s0gq1y said:
So far I see deflate-gate references.... great.
We were until this just broke. Thoughts?

That's *VERY* disappointing if this turns out to be true. Thanks for the tip. That's not an anomaly, that would be outright cheating. If this turns out to be true, when the last 4 games you essentially annihilated the Colts.. the have to resort to that? Certainly this would make this SB sour for me.

And you know what, being a life long Patriots fan, if this turns out to be true, I actually may root against them. I love this team with all my heart, and I was fortunate to be at the Ravens game two weeks ago. But if they did this, I consider Brady and Belichick lying to *me*. Because at 2 pounds, Brady would have felt that. And even if he didn't know, he would have spoken to Bill about that. So if all this turns out true, they will have lost my respect.

On second thought, wish you didn't post that. Talk about a bummer before going to bed.

:thirishdrinkers: Some good posts from patriot fans. The thoughts and posts are great. Thanks. I was hoping to read some good posts from patriot fans. So far it has mostly been some heat guy, and we're not great.

I agree very disappointed if this is true, and how good the offense is there would be no need to deflate against the colts.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Hey, I saw the Seahawks play Patriots back in the mid 1990s in Foxboro. Anyone have that date? I've looked online, but can't find it. The only thing I remember from that game is that my friend kept on falling on the guy in front of us, I was probably 16/17 at the time. To put it in perspective, we used to sit in section 102. The tickets were like $28.00 and we could walk into our local Strawberries (record store) and buy them from the counter. How times have changed.

Mindsink

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2a8gid2t said:
Hey, I saw the Seahawks play Patriots back in the mid 1990s in Foxboro. Anyone have that date? I've looked online, but can't find it. The only thing I remember from that game is that my friend kept on falling on the guy in front of us, I was probably 16/17 at the time. To put it in perspective, we used to sit in section 102. The tickets were like $28.00 and we could walk into our local Strawberries (record store) and buy them from the counter. How times have changed.

I was at that very game. It was the very first Seahawks game I saw live (living in New England, it's rare for me). September 19, 1993. It was the season when the Seahawks and Patriots played each other twice in the same season (Seahawks swept them, btw :) ).

The game ended when we stopped a drive with an INT late in the 4th quarter. 17-14 was the final. Chris Warren had a nice day.

I remember being able to buy tickets at Strawberries too (and concert tickets, etc). Is that franchise still around?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
tailgater":2c2z2b98 said:
Hi all,

Another Pats fan here.

I think this game is shaping up to be one for the ages. I expect to see a close game, decided by 4 points or less (like the last 5 SB's the Pats have played under BB and Brady).

I think it will come down to two things - how the Pats contain RW / handle the RO, and how the Hawks handle the no-huddle, fast paced offense of the Pats.

I think you are correct about it being "one for the ages".... Admit it, we have all peeked at other teams fan forums this last week just to see what they are saying about our team or the matchup trying to get a feel for what way the nation is going on this, for the Hawks, or the Pats. But the forums are dominated by sore-losers saying "who cares - I hate both teams, and I'm not watching". When you know they are lying, and they will tune in ,and it will rank up there with the most watched, if not the most watched Super Bowl.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Mindsink":1mfrw0bx said:
furi0usbee":1mfrw0bx said:

I was at that very game. It was the very first Seahawks game I saw live (living in New England, it's rare for me). September 19, 1993. It was the season when the Seahawks and Patriots played each other twice in the same season (Seahawks swept them, btw :) ).

The game ended when we stopped a drive with an INT late in the 4th quarter. 17-14 was the final. Chris Warren had a nice day.

I remember being able to buy tickets at Strawberries too (and concert tickets, etc). Is that franchise still around?

Wow, small world. Maybe you were the guy my friend kept falling on. I think Strawberries became something else, or they became from something else. In any event, there are none in MA that I have found. I see some Strawberry store online, but I don't know if that has anything to do with that original store.

That Seattle game was the first game my uncle ever actually got to see. His first game, the Bengals back like in 1988, he never made it off the bus. Then we went to a Tampa Bay game that was so cold, my father and I left. My uncle slept in the car the entire time. We had his ticket, and my other uncle got into a car accident, so he didnt' go, so we had his ticket. We then went back into the stadium after warming up in the third Q, and it was so cold, we handed the tickets to guys at the gate, then just said go, they didn't even take their hands out of their pockets. That was the coldest game I've been to until I just went to the Ravens playoff game. Now that was cold.