congrats to the better team

FalconzFan80

Reaction score
what really irks me though is yall did not throw one pass to zach miller, i started him on ff in remembrance of how he killed our defense in the playoffs last year. AND i had i chance to pick up Golden Tate....dammit!

Anyway it looked yall wanted to win as bad as our sorry excuse for a team wants a top 5 draft pick. Looks like we have no chance at even having a winning season this year and with the exception of our young guys no one on our team even cares. I was never happy about the SJax signing, i wanted a younger RB out of the draft to go with our 2 backs that are actually half way decent (Snelling and Quizz).

I can't believe how low paid RW is, they said 600k and i couldn't believe it. You guys definatly have a championship caliber team and are probably the best team in the NFC, don't let the close games that yall have won fool you, our first loss last year when we had the best record in the NFC came close to being from the Oakland Raiders.

good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

OrFan

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":38ljkzwc said:
what really irks me though is yall did not throw one pass to zach miller, i started him on ff in remembrance of how he killed our defense in the playoffs last year. AND i had i chance to pick up Golden Tate....dammit!

Anyway it looked yall wanted to win as bad as our sorry excuse for a team wants a top 5 draft pick. Looks like we have no chance at even having a winning season this year and with the exception of our young guys no one on our team even cares. I was never happy about the SJax signing, i wanted a younger RB out of the draft to go with our 2 backs that are actually half way decent (Snelling and Quizz).

I can't believe how low paid RW is, they said 600k and i couldn't believe it. You guys definatly have a championship caliber team and are probably the best team in the NFC, don't let the close games that yall have won fool you, our first loss last year when we had the best record in the NFC came close to being from the Oakland Raiders.

Thanks. Nice post.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks! Classy post. You guys are in the middle of a tough season. We Seahawks fans remember days like those.

Best of luck going forward.

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":2czr20qb said:

Very classy man. :thirishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":fmv46mfx said:

Thank for the classy post. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
F

FalconzFan80

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3qxnfxix said:
I wouldn't mind if you'd beat the Saints later this year...

and i wouldnt mind if u guys knock them out of the playoffs ;)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: Glad you are classy. You have no idea what we deal with when the Whiner fans come on our board. To be quite honest, I was shocked at the blow out. But, yeah, regardless., beat NO.

OP
OP
F

FalconzFan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1yfpeatq said:
:thirishdrinkers: Glad you are classy. You have no idea what we deal with when the Whiner fans come on our board. To be quite honest, I was shocked at the blow out. But, yeah, regardless., beat NO.

totally understand, we usually get a few trolls of our own over on our boards but what is really the worst that we have are the ones that post on a daily basis that are still in denial about Vick. Just here to talk football not talk smack, obviously with the team we have this year we have no room for smack talk lol. Your boards over here are pretty cool by the way.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah class all the way. We non Super Bowl winners need to stick together. Of course heres to hoping we get ours this year and then you guys get yours down the line after we have won seven or eight in a row:)

rideaducati

Reaction score
I haven't seen a team quit so early in a game since Jim Mora's Seahawks. I know it sucks to watch your favorite team quit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FalconzFan80":2mtkspz0 said:

Classy. Surprised you would show up after. I never liked the SJ signing either and letting Abraham walk wasn't smart. He is a factor in Arizona's defense. I think because of our OL issues we have to use Miller more as a inline blocker more than we prefer currently. That should be no issue in a week or two.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Nice,..........FF80.

We have eaten much "crow" in years-past. Your post was pure class.

Can't say I hate the win by our Seahawks, but I feel your pain (believe me).

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wait.... Golden Tate was available on your waiver wire and you didn't pick him up???

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Nice post...living in Georgia, I hear about all the Falcons news and most of my friends thought the Falcons would lose going into it...injuries to key players and what not, but I do think letting guys go on the defensive side of the ball hurt like Atlanta...best of luck moving forward...stick around if you'd like!

davidonmi

Reaction score
If you're still there I'd like to get your take on Smith, should he lose his job?

OP
OP
F

FalconzFan80

Reaction score
davidonmi":a5wpu0z7 said:
If you're still there I'd like to get your take on Smith, should he lose his job?

a lot of guys in Atlanta think that Mike Smith should lose his job but I'm not one of them, at least not until after next season if he fails to make the playoffs or goes 1 and done in the playoffs again. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon of a "fire this guy fire that guy" when your having as bad of a season as we are but Arthur Blank has already made this mistake once by firing a head coach due to injuries and that was back in 2003 when he fired Dan Reeves after Vick was out the majority of the season and we were a one man team back then, Although Mora did an alright job in 2004 when he inherited the Falcons, I still think Dan Reeves was better fit for the job at the time and served as a mentor to Vick as Mora didn't really care if he was running a dog fighting ring or not. I don't have to explain the way Mora works to you guys though.

Mike Smith inherited a team that was in shambles in 2008, members of PETA swamped practices and Smith was able to keep their focus and we went 11-5 with a rookie QB when our preseason predictions in 2008 were to go 7-9. Mike Smith got us the first ever back to back winning seasons, first ever back to back playoff appearances, first ever home NFC championship game along with the best home record we have ever had and the only other coach to have more wins since 2008 in the NFL other than big Bill in Boston.

We need some holes patched on our lines and need to let some older players go i.e. SJax, Asante, Decoud. and we need to get our star players healthy and all of the sudden we are a good team again. I chalk this season up mostly to injuries and I think a lot of the close game we lost early in the season emotionally drained our team but the diomand in the rough is the undrafted LBers that have been given a chance to prove there selves in the leage, Warrilow IMO can be the next Jessie Tuggle, hes had 29 tackles in the past 2 games and he's just developing.

My biggest concern with Mike Smith is that he seems to have lost the fire he once had, throwing challenge flags like baseballs...that shit he pulled today with the challenge flag, idk wtf that was. Getting in refs faces, getting in opposing players faces, etc. I'm willing to give Smitty one more year because his W-L speaks for it's self but from the staff to the players our whole team seems to be tanking.

In short, No I would keep Smitty around for one more year but if the season is finished without a playoff win then it's time for a change.