Reaction score
Jville":pc2xmobo said:
rm5_7177.jpg

Perfect

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't have any doubt that they would (either a sticker on the helmet or patch on the jersey) as the backlash from 12's would be a PR nightmare. Having said that, that certainly wasn't even their consideration, this was a decision made out of love, honor and respect for one of the greatest to ever play the game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jville":vrhl8d27 said:
rm5_7177.jpg

John Boyle article >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/06/02/seahawks-honor-cortez-kennedy-%E2%80%9896%E2%80%99-helmet-decal[/urltargetblank]

Cool but it won't surprise me, and I hope that they put his # on the jersey as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1b5nqxie said:
Cool but it won't surprise me, and I hope that they put his # on the jersey as well.

I'm more interested to find out if/when he'll be honored at a home game.

It would be ironic to have it during the L.A. game in Seattle

harryjohnson

Reaction score

12HawkFan

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2pswp4dn said:
More news...
Cortez Kennedy Reportedly Was Hospitalized for Swollen Legs Days Before Death

From the article.

The former Seattle Seahawks star was in the hospital from May 10 to 15. He then reportedly called a friend to complain of dizziness on May 22 before he was discovered the next morning, according to a police report obtained by TMZ.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2713 ... =editorial

Steve Raible on the newscast the day he passed away said Tez had been fighting Diabetes related medical problems for a while and they had been getting worse of late.

Sounds like this may be related to this recent information being released about medical problems.

To young, WAY to young.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
12HawkFan":1doh0bt5 said:
To young, WAY to young.

I couldn't agree more, especially since I'm the same age as Tez!

Here's an interesting article I came across...Leg swelling could have been a symptom of congestive heart failure when matched with Diabetes. Just breaks your heart that he couldn't have been treated for this to avoid (what I assume is heart failure causing his untimely passing).

http://www.healthkart.com/resources/dia ... TbudOvyuUk

253hawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ekt67rkm said:
NINEster":ekt67rkm said:
Did you take that from the webzone thread that is using the all to premature death of a hall of famer to mock seahawk fans?

Scum of the Earth.

And really shows their stupidity, since Mr and Mrs Hawk have been fans since day one in 1976.

Bigpumpkin":ekt67rkm said:
Tez was a real gentleman. He was our only "bright light" in the early 90"s. He deserves to be in the Ring of Honor.
I want the Ring of Honor to be for players of his demeanor.....not cry babies!!!

Chris Warren was a nice surprise, having been converted from KR/PR to RB (and piled up four consecutive 1000+ yard seasons).

chris98251

Reaction score
As with most health issues, men tend to try to tough it out, it will go away, I'm just tired etc. I'll just get a good nights sleep or I will push my way through it and get better.

I have had some good Female Doctors, one diagnosed me with Diabetes as in borderline type 2 and said most guys wait till they are in an emergency room to confess to the fact they have had fatigue, headaches, blurry vision and palpitations or have been lightheaded. I have been able to control it with diet thankfully, she caught it early by just friendly questions. Guys hate to be bothersome to others and show vulnerability, it is looked at as a weakness.

Now being the Football player he was and agree not knowing his mentality but I imagine he also has a certain tough standard and was trying to work through it rather then bother someone as well.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The full autopsy report on his death, released Monday, revealed that Kennedy had a markedly enlarged heart. The cause of death was congestive heart failure due to hypertensive heart disease, with pneumonia and diabetes as contributing factors.

The autopsy goes on to say that Kennedy had come to Orlando Regional Medical Center about two weeks before his death with lower extremity swelling and a cough of several weeks duration. A chest X-ray found lung opacities and other findings that indicated infection or pneumonitis.

He was discharged on oxygen and several follow-up appointments were scheduled, but was found dead the next week at his home. He weighed 265 pounds and stood 6-feet-1-inch tall at the time of his death.

At the request of Kennedy's family, his intact brain was sent to Boston University School of Medicine's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center. The results of that examination were not immediately known.

http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/aut ... ral-causes