Could Johnny Manziel go to Seattle?(USA Today Article)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If you're okay with having Manziel here but not Kaepernick, Sherman, or Bennett I'm gonna look at you with extreme suspicion.

If you want none of them here then at least you're consistent. Also, Manziel was never going to be the next Russ. He doesn't have Russ's intelligence or size. Part of Russell's success is that his hands are HUGE

The Breh

Reaction score
Seymour":28jsct77 said:
Pete and John said no women beaters.

They just got rid of another woman beater for crying out loud.

Bennett ?
:stirthepot:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I literally do not care what someone does off the field.

Hell, if Scott M came back and he had a needle literally sticking out of his arm - as long he drafted HOF players and All Pros enough, I would not have a problem with it at all.

But Manziel was not good as an NFL QB. So yeah. no.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

Seems he's been sober for awhile now, and is in shape. Physically and emotionally. I think he just wants to keep his head down and work.

Will he stay that way if/when he makes a team and things get stressful? Don't know. But I wouldn't be that upset if they decide to give him a shot in training camp.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete loves reclamation projects, so it makes sense Manziel would be on his radar to kick the tires on.

But I don't really understand it from Manziel's side, why wouldn't he try to go start in the CFL first before resigning himself to holding a clipboard in the NFL?

If I'm his agent, I'm telling him to go bust his ass in Canada if he thinks he can still play the game, not be a backup in the NFL.

The Breh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1a1uhe12 said:
A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

Seems he's been sober for awhile now, and is in shape. Physically and emotionally. I think he just wants to keep his head down and work.

Will he stay that way if/when he makes a team and things get stressful? Don't know. But I wouldn't be that upset if they decide to give him a shot in training camp.
That's fine and all but Twitter and sports news would erupt if he's given a shot anywhere before Kap and prove a huge talking point to be correct.

Seymour

Reaction score
The Breh":2oc4xaxr said:
Seymour":2oc4xaxr said:

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

And prior to that TJack that threatened his ex with a gun.

The Breh

Reaction score
Seymour":3llirdho said:
The Breh":3llirdho said:
Seymour":3llirdho said:

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

I'm completely aware of Boykin, and what they're trying to paint Bennett as now after manufacturing an incident.
Some folks need to see the official sarcasm smiley, you however, I didn't assume to fall in that category.
I figured :stirthepot: may have tipped you off tho.

Rat

Reaction score
Is Manziel really even THAT notable anymore? He'd bring a little extra attention, but I don't think it would be a circus atmosphere.

He seems to have humbled some, and I think he has an excellent skillset for this offense. I'd give him a shot.

Seymour

Reaction score
The Breh":wgw3rk59 said:
Seymour":wgw3rk59 said:
The Breh":wgw3rk59 said:
Seymour":wgw3rk59 said:

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

I'm completely aware of Boykin, and what they're trying to paint Bennett as now after manufacturing an incident.
Some folks need to see the official sarcasm smiley, you however, I didn't assume to fall in that category.
I figured :stirthepot: may have tipped you off tho.

You did. And I got it at 99% certain. Others here could could read that and make their own assumptions though. I prefer to avoid that mess when possible. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
What I don't get is why people will pull hard for someone like Johnny Football, but will not even consider RG3 as a possible backup? Weird to me. I get Kaep, he was the enemy / douche and stepped over the line by many's standards.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15oaeuh9 said:
No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.

Yep, dropped out of the conversations completely and for sometime now, yet he is an unsigned free agent also. As a backup, hell I'd give him a look see.

HawkGA

Reaction score
mrt144":5gvtvc4w said:
Pandion Haliaetus":5gvtvc4w said:
Who better as a leader and mentor for Manziel than Russ?

Who better to emulate Wilson than Manziel, the kid who was suppose to be the next Russell Wilson but with a big time electric personality?

It’s a low risk/moderate reward?

With Manziel the talent is there, mentally he was still a teenager when he came into the NFL, let’s see if he’s matured because the potential is there for decent Wilsonesque backup in the least.

If it fails, I’m sure Austin Davis will be on speed dial.

Could be they like someone in the draft later on and a hungry Manziel throws in a more competitive factor to the mix.

Mode edit. that charity headcase.

Dude, language!

Edit:by Pmedic920
Dude?
You know better.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sorry, I am just done with rehabilitation projects for clowns and this particular one is curse inducing. Does this cat remind people of their screw up brothers?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's yet another article throwing a name out. Yet people get worked up. Awesome. Until he comes to town for a visit, with we have no idea if something would even happen, meh.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
I’m ok with Manziel in camp competing with Austin Davis or another worthy QB candidate. Make him earn a roster spot on the 53.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Popeyejones":pq4fdedv said:
seahawkfreak":pq4fdedv said:
But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you don't like Kaepernick's completion percentage, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's average yards per attempt, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's TD rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's INT rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's QB Rating or QBR, Manziel's is worse.
If you like Manziel's running ability, Kaepernick's is better.
If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.

Yes.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4bo4qqwi said:
It's yet another article throwing a name out. Yet people get worked up. Awesome.

Yes, I'm pointing out in a caustic way that this kind of article and speculation is junk food for your intellect.