Could Johnny Manziel go to Seattle?(USA Today Article)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3u2ppeon said:
A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

Seems he's been sober for awhile now, and is in shape. Physically and emotionally. I think he just wants to keep his head down and work.

Will he stay that way if/when he makes a team and things get stressful? Don't know. But I wouldn't be that upset if they decide to give him a shot in training camp.

But to some extent that’s kind of the point. As human beings we kind of see the good or bad in others depending on our personal point of view

To some people Manziel May deserve another shot. Despite being a perpetual drunk and a woman beater. To others not so much

To some people Kaepernick deserves another shot because at worse he had an unpopular political opinion (depending on who you ask) and no domestic abuse/drugs/alcoholism. To others, he crossed a line

To some, RG3 doesn’t deserve another chance because he sucks but then again, so do many backup Qbs

I’ve always felt we deserved a solid backup QB. We’ve rarely ever had one. Manziel sucks though, and if he’s going to be taken back I don’t blame some for crying BS. From an objective standpoint, comparisons aside....Russell would be a GREAT role model for Manziel. And I believe in second chances

Reaction score
Pete used to stand up for Manziel quite often prior to that draft. Then the week prior to the browns hawks game, he talked him up a lot as well. He played a good game verse us too. But honestly, who cares?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3dgue0ym said:
Popeyejones":3dgue0ym said:
seahawkfreak":3dgue0ym said:
But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you don't like Kaepernick's completion percentage, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's average yards per attempt, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's TD rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's INT rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's QB Rating or QBR, Manziel's is worse.
If you like Manziel's running ability, Kaepernick's is better.
If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.

Yes.

For the record, I don't want either one of these tools here.

pmedic920

Reaction score
mrt144":1bws0e8s said:
Sorry, I am just done with rehabilitation projects for clowns and this particular one is curse inducing. Does this cat remind people of their screw up brothers?

That doesn’t give you a free pass on the rules.
Ball is in your court.

Fade

Reaction score
No.

There are QB prospects that will be selected day 3 of the draft that have far brighter futures in the NFL than Manziel.

The team would also have 4 yrs of team control if they select one of these prospects, while Manziel would just be a rental. A distracting rental at that.

Prospects I like.

Kyle Lauletta in the 4th rd.
Logan Woodside in the 5th rd.
Quinton Flowers in the 7th rd / UDFA

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v7dvwla5 said:
No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.

LOL....yep, nobody talking about him, yet he is the first of "this group" to sign. Ravens just gave him a 1 year today. Clearly this article is more solid proof that the subject speculation is based on what gets more clicks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was rollin when I saw it on the "breaking news" line yesterday. Funny, the day after we were talking about it on here. Shoot, why not? I'm sure they got him on the very cheap.....

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Popeyejones":kl1vrhm5 said:
seahawkfreak":kl1vrhm5 said:
But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you don't like Kaepernick's completion percentage, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's average yards per attempt, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's TD rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's INT rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's QB Rating or QBR, Manziel's is worse.
If you like Manziel's running ability, Kaepernick's is better.
If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.

Hardly a fair comparison. One played for the Browns while the other played on talented 49er clubs for the majority of his career.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the teams that Klapperslack had on the field were much much better than anything Cleveland has thrown out there.