Could we NOT draft CB/S every effing draft???

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Cooper DeJean with our first pick?

Let's see here:
2023: Witherspoon/Jerrick Reed
2022: Coby Bryant/Riq Woolen
2021: Tre Brown (1 of only 3 picks)
2020: a break
2019: Marquise Blair/Ugo Amadi
2018: Tre Flowers
2017: Shaquille Griffen/Lano Hill/Tedrick Thompson/Michael Tyson

How about the LINE, either line, or QB?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It won't matter who the team selects the same grumblers will grumble about the choice made as they have a better idea and the team has screwed up by not picking their guy.

For me I'd be very happy if at least 3 of the 7 picks are spent on the trenches. They do need ILBs and safeties though.

CactusJack

Reaction score
This guy is plugged in & has fairly reliable sources.

There has been recent buzz about the Seahawks taking Iowa cornerback/safety Cooper DeJean with the 16th-overall pick. For a long time, the consensus projection has been Seattle addressing needs on their offensive line. After landing two superb young cornerbacks in Devon Witherspoon and Riq Woolen in back-to-back drafts during the past two years, it does not seem like adding a nickel corner/safety like DeJean would be a top priority. However, Seattle general manager John Schneider loves to draft for the secondary and head coach Mike Macdonald comes from the Ravens organization, which invests heavily in defensive backs in the early rounds of drafts. Sources said DeJean could be a possibility for the Seahawks, especially if they trade down, and the Seahawks also really like Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell. Seattle is a mysterious team, and it sounds like the offensive line is definitely a likely spot for the organization’s first-round pick, but DeJean and Mitchell are candidates as well.

Fwiw, I really like Mitchell as a prospect. I have him ranked 11th on my list of guys. He's a top 10 caliber talent & would be a good pick.

But I don't love the idea of taking a Safety/Nickle in DeJean with the talent that will be available in other areas.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'll lose my mind if they draft a CB at 16. NO, just NO.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I hear you, and if Pete was still here I'd most likely agree with you.

However...HOWEVER, MM's defense is mostly confusion and mixing it up. Cooper paired with Witherspoon switching up attacks would be PURE ENTERTAINMENT to me.

I'm in no way advocating they take Coop at 16 though. Probably trade down first.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'll lose my mind if they draft a CB at 16. NO, just NO.
Quinyon is the one guy in this draft who might be worthy of it. He's a badass, similar to Spoon. But I don't see him falling to our pick.

DeJean is a Safety.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL sounds a bit like Prisco saying he was taking Ben Watson when we wanted Stevens. Guaranteed even. Holmgren baited him well and he has hated Seattle ever since.

sutz

Reaction score
Picking DBs was kind of a Pete thing. That was his fave position group from way back in his SF years and before.

So I doubt we get any DBs early, but if we pick up 1 or 2 on Day 3 as depth I won't complain.

Second the opinion that says concentrate on the trenches on Day 1/2.

WarHawks

Reaction score
They'll pick a safety we've never heard of at 16 or something like that and heads will explode.