could we possibly be 3 seed ?

canhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm traveling on the wildcard weekend this year and was wondering if we could possibly be a #3 seed.
I know scenerios for 1 and 2 but was wondering about 3 seed.

I've already booked hotel in seattle for the following weekend.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Only if we lose and Arizona loses, then we're gonna be the 3rd seed. We will be the #1 seed if we win against the Rams (barring a GB-DET Tie for the technical nerds).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
canhawkfan":13lqvq88 said:
I'm traveling on the wildcard weekend this year and was wondering if we could possibly be a #3 seed.
I know scenerios for 1 and 2 but was wondering about 3 seed.

I've already booked hotel in seattle for the following weekend.

If we lose and the Cardinals lose, we're the 3.

naholmes

Reaction score
Yes if Seahawks and Cardinals both lose this week then the hawks would still win the division but finish behind the winner of Packers/Lions and also behind Dallas (even if they lose because they hold the tiebreaker). In this scenario the hawks would be the #3 seed and play the loser of Packers/Lions at home on wild card weekend.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I think that we can end up with the 1, 3 or 5 seed. Different scenarios for each of course.

naholmes

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1t5xthyx said:
I think that we can end up with the 1, 3 or 5 seed. Different scenarios for each of course.

win = 1
loss and cardinals loss = 3
loss and cardinals win = 5

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I really expect the Cards to lose to the Niners.

Won't matter because we'll beat the Rams.

Polaris

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3ujdzgo9 said:

We can also wind up with the 2 seed or 6 seed as well, but it's extremely unlikely and involves a GB/Detroit tie. The only seed Seattle can not get is the 4 seed.

2 seed: Seattle Wins, Dallas Wins, GB and Detroit tie. That would put Seattle and Dallas tied on top of the NFC at 12-4 but the Cowboys own the head to head.

6 seed: Arizona wins, Seattle loses, GB and Detroit tie. That would give Arizona the NFCW at 12-4 and no worse than the #2 seed (depending on the Cowboys). Green Bay and Seattle would be forced into the Wildcard, but GB would get the #5 seed because of a slightly better record (11-4-1 vs 11-5).

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Polaris":3ed55b72 said:
BocciHawk":3ed55b72 said:

We can also wind up with the 2 seed or 6 seed as well, but it's extremely unlikely and involves a GB/Detroit tie. The only seed Seattle can not get is the 4 seed.

2 seed: Seattle Wins, Dallas Wins, GB and Detroit tie. That would put Seattle and Dallas tied on top of the NFC at 12-4 but the Cowboys own the head to head.

6 seed: Arizona wins, Seattle loses, GB and Detroit tie. That would give Arizona the NFCW at 12-4 and no worse than the #2 seed (depending on the Cowboys). Green Bay and Seattle would be forced into the Wildcard, but GB would get the #5 seed because of a slightly better record (11-4-1 vs 11-5).

Ties are dumb. The NFL should get rid of them, ASAP, by moving to a college football overtime model.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2sbbc3ed said:
I really expect the Cards to lose to the Niners.

Won't matter because we'll beat the Rams.

If they watched that last game, they'll run all over the Cards. Didn't the Niners just put up like 350 yards rushing on a team ?

I'm starting to feel for the Cards, even though I hate their fans (they've been the rudest fans I've been to on the road)...the Niners should run at them a lot. Even if they win, they're going to be beat up again....no way the Cards move on that Niners defense at their house very much.