Could we see a former player become coach?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Like how the Texans hired Ryans to be their head coach, do you think and/or want the Seahawks to hire a former player to be the head coach? Someone like KJ Wright, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, etc?

And I'm being serious here too. Would you want that?

Personally I'd love to see it. Heck why not Wagner? Plug him in at head coach!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If that’s the route the Seahawks take, then Antonio Pierce would be a good choice, if they Raiders don’t hire him. He turned the down slide the Raiders were in, around.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Like how the Texans hired Ryans to be their head coach, do you think and/or want the Seahawks to hire a former player to be the head coach? Someone like KJ Wright, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, etc?

And I'm being serious here too. Would you want that?

Personally I'd love to see it. Heck why not Wagner? Plug him in at head coach!
Ryans had coaching experience and was quite competent as a DC on the 49ers after Saleh left. He also was solid as a linebackers coach. None of our guys have that kind of coaching pedigree behind them. He was a solid player, but he was a solid coach before he got promoted to HC as well.

Wright runs a podcast, Richard Sherman is a commentator, Earl Thomas is off doing strange things, Baldwin is doing social work. None of these guys are coaches.

I guess we have Kris Richard and Bobby Engram coaching, but Engram doesn't have HC credentials.