Cya! Root

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Great news today that Kraken games will be on the Tegna network next year, so games on broadcast TV in Seattle, Spokane and Portland, with options for those streaming on Amazon Prime. I watched very little hockey this year because I refuse to pay to the RSN racket.

If you want to build a fan base, you have to make the games available to as many folks as possible. A great step in that direction, I hope it works!

Last edited:

Msfann

Reaction score
I went out and bought a nice antenna because of this and get all the main Seattle channels for free now. Because of this I won't have to watch crappy streams to watch the Seahawks too. Thanks Kraken!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great move Kraken. Hopefully the Sounders will follow suit and ditch the Apple TV+ MLS package. Their games used to be on free tv. Now they are nowhere to be found due that stupid package via Apple TV+

Jase

Reaction score
I went out and bought a nice antenna because of this and get all the main Seattle channels for free now. Because of this I won't have to watch crappy streams to watch the Seahawks too. Thanks Kraken!

I've been considering doing this too. What kind of antenna did you get?

Msfann

Reaction score
I've been considering doing this too. What kind of antenna did you get?
https://www.acehardware.com/departm.../home-electronics/television-antennas/3766581 from ace hardware. I bought a couple cheap ones over the years and they were completely useless and I gave up on the idea until the other day.

They also make a device I'm looking into that is called a hdhomerun and you plug your coax into it from the antenna and plug it into a router and it makes it so anyone on the network can watch over the air tv using an app.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Great move Kraken. Hopefully the Sounders will follow suit and ditch the Apple TV+ MLS package. Their games used to be on free tv. Now they are nowhere to be found due that stupid package via Apple TV+
The Sounders was a league wide thing unfortunately. Basically you get every game in and out of market for the subscription. I think it for sure helped their popularity grow being on Q13 for years.

There's talk in a few years MLB will do the same. Basically MLB tv with in market games. All the RSN's are tanking.

NoGain

Reaction score
Root is a sinking ship. And they kicked M's and Kraken fans in the nuts when they went double premium on many of them. I'm sure the M's will have to cut payroll again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders was a league wide thing unfortunately. Basically you get every game in and out of market for the subscription. I think it for sure helped their popularity grow being on Q13 for years.

There's talk in a few years MLB will do the same. Basically MLB tv with in market games. All the RSN's are tanking.
Thanks for the clarification on Sounders moving due to the league wide agreement. That definitely makes sense. I think they would have preferred to stay on the local channels to keep their popularity growing.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on Sounders moving due to the league wide agreement. That definitely makes sense. I think they would have preferred to stay on the local channels to keep their popularity growing.
I think they would have too although they probably got a good bump in TV money with Apple. I think some older MLS markets had absolutely awful tv deals through RSN's before the move to Apple so it was a raise the floor/tide type situation.

Latest posts