Damn You Rodgers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I despise the Packers. I loathe Rodgers. Ever since the "Fail Mary" game where their entire fanbase cried like little babies as if it was the Super Bowl I lost all respect for that team. For the record I believe it was like Week 3. They became my new favorite team to hate. Cowboys, move over.

Since then, I have always rooted for any team playing the Packers. So now, here we are, in a very very real situation that no matter what we do next Sunday, Rodgers gets to leap frog us and make the damn playoffs while kicking us out of the dance.

He's as bad as Tom Brady. Just go away already!!!

They are the proverbial monster in a cheesy horror film that just....won't....die.

404075 460891387267407 499563822 n

Packerbabies

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
He's as bad as Tom Brady. Just go away already!!!
He is worse than Tom Brady. He's a bigger whiner and less talented. Brady sucks because he's the best ever and he's not a Seahawk. (Also won a Super Bowl against us, but it was an entertaining game and I have, er, mixed feelings about who to blame for that loss.)

Rodgers sucks because he's a very good QB who gets the star treatment of being the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers and still whines like everything goes against him. The 'Fail' Mary Game being something he still brings up is just... puke. Meanwhile, the NFL LITERALLY replaced the replacement refs immediately after that game (when the 'Fail Mary' call wasn't even that bad... not even the worst call they made THAT game, but a lot of the other ones went GB's way, so no one mentions those) because it went against poor A-a-ron. Give me a break.

Also... Rodgers kind of still sucks this year. Even during this win streak he's been riding his defense and special teams back into playoff contention while posting mediocre numbers on offense (especially passing offense). Brady is at least somewhat decent still, just Tampa Bay's defense has dropped off from last year and he has no run game or reliable second option at receiver.

Long story short, I hate Rodgers and the Pack, too.

That said, I still have hope. Detroit is, shockingly, probably a better team overall than Green Bay. If Goff doesn't choke because of the stage and the refs don't steer the game too much, they have a very good chance to win. Green Bay does have home field advantage going for them, though, so it's more of a toss-up than advantage Detroit but that's still not too bad. I'll take 50/50.

JPatera76

Reaction score
He'll still bring up "fail Mary" every chance he gets to whine about something

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He is worse than Tom Brady. He's a bigger whiner and less talented. Brady sucks because he's the best ever and he's not a Seahawk. (Also won a Super Bowl against us, but it was an entertaining game and I have, er, mixed feelings about who to blame for that loss.)

Rodgers sucks because he's a very good QB who gets the star treatment of being the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers and still whines like everything goes against him. The 'Fail' Mary Game being something he still brings up is just... puke. Meanwhile, the NFL LITERALLY replaced the replacement refs immediately after that game (when the 'Fail Mary' call wasn't even that bad... not even the worst call they made THAT game, but a lot of the other ones went GB's way, so no one mentions those) because it went against poor A-a-ron. Give me a break.

Also... Rodgers kind of still sucks this year. Even during this win streak he's been riding his defense and special teams back into playoff contention while posting mediocre numbers on offense (especially passing offense). Brady is at least somewhat decent still, just Tampa Bay's defense has dropped off from last year and he has no run game or reliable second option at receiver.

That said, I still have hope. Detroit is, shockingly, probably a better team overall than Green Bay. If Goff doesn't choke because of the stage and the refs don't steer the game too much, they have a very good chance to win. Green Bay does have home field advantage going for them, though, so it's more of a toss-up than advantage Detroit but that's still not too bad. I'll take 50/50.
I hate them both - with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

I STILL cannot get Munich out of my head. Seeing Mr. Smarmy pants yesterday beat up on the Vikes, I just got a sinking feeling.

Having said that, if there was anyone on a tear that COULD beat the Pack - it's the Lions I suppose. They are not scared of anything or anyone.

So here's hopin. Here's hoping that between Munich and the Lions v Pack we don't get the 1-2 punch of stupidity!

EDIT: And, the extra-frustrating part? If yesterday's hawks had shown up 2-3-4-5 weeks ago - we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Shot ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It would be oh-so-typical for the refs to help the Packers win in the most desperate attempt to make the playoffs that Green Bay has seen this decade, and I'm really tempted to watch just in case Lions pull off the upset.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If true that SNF would be Packers/Lions, I'd say this is a clear decision by the NFL to choose ratings over fair competition.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't know why I said to myself, but I'm going to try to give the NFL the benefit of the doubt and say that if Buffalo beats Cincy tonight, next weeks SNF game will be Cincy versus Baltimore for the division title. however, if Cincy beats Buffalo tonight, it is a lock that next weeks SNF game will be Lions versus Packers, fairness be damned.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Was it just me or did the broadcast yesterday say specifically that a GB win vs Minnesota eliminated the hawks?

After i heard that i gave up hope till about 6 o’clock when i heard the actual scenario, and now I’m pumped!

We’re destined i think because normally the packers would just be playing the bears or something, some junk team looking to play spoiler but in reality will just fold.

The Lions are playing for a spot in the playoffs so they will leave it ALL on the field. At this point since we didn’t tcb enough, it’s the best situation we could have had. It’s a world better being us needing the Lions rather than being the Lions and needing the Rams.

D

DomeHawk

The Lions going into GB w/Rodgers on a roll? You gotta be an optimist.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
So the Hawks playoff chances have down to rooting for Jared Goff to be great and tear up the Packers.

Who would have imagined?

#Go Lions #GreatGoff

Aircrew

Reaction score
I use to feel the exact same way about A-Aron until the plandemic hit and his standing up to the bio medical complex and all the vax rehtoric helped me to see him from a different angle. Rodgers is a smart and talented dude. Arrogant? Yes. Smug? Yes. Condescending? Yes. But he's a free man with an independent mind who's an all time great on the football field. Will that make me change my disdain for the Packers? Never. Worst fanbase in the NFL, and that's saying something. But if I had to pick next sundays game, I'm going with the Lions and our boys get in the dance at the #7 seed.

pmedic920

Reaction score

The bad news is, if I’m understanding correctly…..

The Lions will already know the outcome of our game when they play.
If we win that takes a ton of motivation away from them. I get it, “pride” and all but pride isn’t quite the same as playing for a playoff spot.

I wish both games were being played on same day and time slot.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I use to feel the exact same way about A-Aron until the plandemic hit and his standing up to the bio medical complex and all the vax rehtoric helped me to see him from a different angle. Rodgers is a smart and talented dude. Arrogant? Yes. Smug? Yes. Condescending? Yes. But he's a free man with an independent mind who's an all time great on the football field. Will that make me change my disdain for the Packers? Never. Worst fanbase in the NFL, and that's saying something. But if I had to pick next sundays game, I'm going with the Lions and our boys get in the dance at the #7 seed.

He wasn’t forced to take the shot For one. That’s his decision, he should have stood up and said he wasn’t gonna do it.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Yeah, no.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Was it just me or did the broadcast yesterday say specifically that a GB win vs Minnesota eliminated the hawks?

After i heard that i gave up hope till about 6 o’clock when i heard the actual scenario, and now I’m pumped!

We’re destined i think because normally the packers would just be playing the bears or something, some junk team looking to play spoiler but in reality will just fold.

The Lions are playing for a spot in the playoffs so they will leave it ALL on the field. At this point since we didn’t tcb enough, it’s the best situation we could have had. It’s a world better being us needing the Lions rather than being the Lions and needing the Rams.
Pretty sure if we win the Lions will know before their game, personally I think that changes their motivation significantly.

I wish both games were being played simultaneously.

Edit:
NFL.com has all the Sunday games listed as TBD. CURRENTLY

I was under the assumption/understanding that we played before the packers (bad info).

We still have hope that us and the packers will play simultaneously. Imho that’s the best possible scenario.

Last edited:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All will be scheduled today. I expect both games to be played at the same time in the afternoon.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He'll still bring up "fail Mary" every chance he gets to whine about something
Well, somebody's gotta provide the whine to go with all the cheesy sh!t that comes outta his piehole.
Eerin has taken Sniveling to an art-form.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Packers had a legitimate beef on the Fail Mary, not on the catch itself but on the flagrant OPI no call with Tate aggressively pushing off.

I definitely don't like Aaron Rodgers, especially after last season and his behavior during the pandemic. But I also don't like that stuck up prick Tom Brady and wish he'd just get fitted for his gold jacket and leave the room.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The Packers had a legitimate beef on the Fail Mary, not on the catch itself but on the flagrant OPI no call with Tate aggressively pushing off.

I definitely don't like Aaron Rodgers, especially after last season and his behavior during the pandemic. But I also don't like that stuck up prick Tom Brady and wish he'd just get fitted for his gold jacket and leave the room.
He took out three defenders with one push. Absolutely would’ve been called by regular refs.