Damn You Rodgers.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The Packers had a legitimate beef on the Fail Mary, not on the catch itself but on the flagrant OPI no call with Tate aggressively pushing off.

I definitely don't like Aaron Rodgers, especially after last season and his behavior during the pandemic. But I also don't like that stuck up prick Tom Brady and wish he'd just get fitted for his gold jacket and leave the room.
Except that isn't the beef that they whine about primarily. With that not being called, the rest of what the refs did was 100% accurate. And that night when they were going over it, the announcers said something to the effect of on hail mary plays they typically let that go, so letting it go was consistent on how it is typically called.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Except that isn't the beef that they whine about primarily. With that not being called, the rest of what the refs did was 100% accurate. And that night when they were going over it, the announcers said something to the effect of on hail mary plays they typically let that go, so letting it go was consistent on how it is typically called.
I agree. No one could determine possession, so when in doubt, the tie goes to the receiver. And you're right, most Packer fans complain about the decision on the catch, not the no call OPI, which was every bit as flagrant as the one they missed in the Rams-Saints NFCCG.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I agree. No one could determine possession, so when in doubt, the tie goes to the receiver. And you're right, most Packer fans complain about the decision on the catch, not the no call OPI, which was every bit as flagrant as the one they missed in the Rams-Saints NFCCG.
While I agree it was blatant, the consistent standard is no-call on a hail mary play.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Feel exactly the same. Nice seeing a sports figure not bow down to the cult mentality. People got really bent out of shape when everything he spoke about surrounding the issue was just common sense and due diligence.

Assuming the league steers games for narratives, I don't think they will do Rodgers any favors, he ruffled too many feathers after all that
The problem isn't that Rodgers refused the shot. It was his right and he wasn't the only one. The problem is that he lied about it to the press and the fans then willfully disregarded the protocols that had been agreed to by both the league and the player's union.

I don't want to turn this into another debate about vaccines, so I'll stop here with my comments about it. I just wanted to make known that my dislike for him is based on his irresponsible behavior, not with his medical decision.

RiverDog

Reaction score
While I agree it was blatant, the consistent standard is no-call on a hail mary play.
Yeah, I've heard that used as a defense, and I could understand if it was just jostling or chicken fighting. But that one was so over the top that it had to be called. Tate pushed one player to the ground who as he was falling, knocked another defender away from the flight of the ball.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that used as a defense, and I could understand if it was just jostling or chicken fighting. But that one was so over the top that it had to be called.
At the time I went back and dug up multiple recent hail mary plays. There was worse than that uncalled and I think I found one out of the 40 I looked at that had pass interference called.

I don't think it should be a defense. I think pass interference should be called regardless of the situation. I am just saying that Green Bay pissing and moaning about it, for any reason, is bullshit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
At the time I went back and dug up multiple recent hail mary plays. There was worse than that uncalled and I think I found one out of the 40 I looked at that had pass interference called.

I don't think it should be a defense. I think pass interference should be called regardless of the situation. I am just saying that Green Bay pissing and moaning about it, for any reason, is bullshit.
Yeah, well people from other fan bases say the same thing about Seahawk fans complaining about XL. Pissing and moaning is part of the game for us fans.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Yeah, well people from other fan bases say the same thing about Seahawk fans complaining about XL. Pissing and moaning is part of the game for us fans.
Except not calling a NT for lining up clearly offsides and an edge rusher for coming offsides before the the snap and then instead calling an OT for holding the edge rusher who came offside when no hold occurs, all on the same play is not at all the same thing as a penalty that goes uncalled 95% of the time.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Except not calling a NT for lining up clearly offsides and an edge rusher for coming offsides before the the snap and then instead calling an OT for holding the edge rusher who came offside when no hold occurs, all on the same play is not at all the same thing as a penalty that goes uncalled 95% of the time.
Or how about calling Matt Hasselbeck for an illegal block while he was making a tackle? A penalty he was literally incapable of committing at that point.

Also, it was a Super Bowl, not an early season game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't want to re-start the XL debate or argue about this or that call or how impactful they were. All I am saying is that there's a lot of people outside of our fan base who consider us a bunch of whiners due to XL.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Great they’re SNF.

Once we win the Lions won’t give a damn.

Torc

Reaction score
I don't want to re-start the XL debate or argue about this or that call or how impactful they were. All I am saying is that there's a lot of people outside of our fan base who consider us a bunch of whiners due to XL.
There are also a lot of fans of teams who were not involved with XL who believe that was the worst officiated (important) game of all time, or who see it as proof that the NFL is rigged. Heck, the head ref ADMITTED they messed up the calls and impacted the game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
There are also a lot of fans of teams who were not involved with XL who believe that was the worst officiated (important) game of all time, or who see it as proof that the NFL is rigged. Heck, the head ref ADMITTED they messed up the calls and impacted the game.
And similar to my above response to the moon beam anti vaxxer, I'm not going there with you. XL happened nearly 17 years ago, and it's not appropriate for this discussion. Time to move on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pretty much the entire country outside the rustbelt agreed with us, though. I've lost track of the number of sympathies I got from fans of other fan bases over XL when traveling in the years following XL. Plus, Leavy coming out years later admitting he kicked some calls...pretty bad analogy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Packers had a legitimate beef on the Fail Mary, not on the catch itself but on the flagrant OPI no call with Tate aggressively pushing off.

I definitely don't like Aaron Rodgers, especially after last season and his behavior during the pandemic. But I also don't like that stuck up prick Tom Brady and wish he'd just get fitted for his gold jacket and leave the room.
So Hmm, you don't remember the fake f^@#*ng no calls on the Packers Defense ON SEVERAL PLAYS that WENT UNCALLED in that game, leading up TO that one play???? Their Defense got away with a whole bunch of shit ALL GAME LONG, RD, so that "Fail frikken Mary" was F-A-I-R & DUE to set shit straight in the end of that game...Erin can talk sh*t until the cows come home, but the FACT of the matter, EERIN LOST THAT GAME---FAIR & SQUARE!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And similar to my above response to the moon beam anti vaxxer, I'm not going there with you. XL happened nearly 17 years ago, and it's not appropriate for this discussion. Time to move on.
You're right, "Sh*t happens" RD, so QUIT SNIVELIN' Aaron and all his apologizers it's time to SUCK IT UP and move on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm clearly in the minority, and that's fine. I'm stoked that our game happens before they play. Not having GB play before or during the game, sounds good to me.
Checking your phone every 10 minutes during the Rams game? meh
Also, GB was very likely to beat the Lions regardless of start time. But, it doesn't mean they can't be upset by Detroit. GB hasn't exactly been lights out. If anything, ALL the pressure is on GB here. Detroit will have nothing to lose if they are eliminated, can play loose and with a chip on the shoulder to knock off the hated Pack.
Detroit is a dangerous team, this clearly isn't the same old Lions.
Is the league purposely helping GB? maybe. But the whole conspiracy, everyone is against us thing? Waste of energy. It's just my OPINION, that's all.
And NO, I am NOT saying that there isn't some legit merit to the claims. I'm more saying that none of us should really be shocked that the NFL magically puts GB in a better position. They worship that jack wad.

Last edited:

Aircrew

Reaction score
I use to feel the exact same way about A-Aron until the plandemic hit and his standing up to the bio medical complex and all the vax rehtoric helped me to see him from a different angle. Rodgers is a smart and talented dude. Arrogant? Yes. Smug? Yes. Condescending? Yes. But he's a free man with an independent mind who's an all time great on the football field. Will that make me change my disdain for the Packers? Never. Worst fanbase in the NFL, and that's saying something. But if I had to pick next sundays game, I'm going with the Lions and our boys get in the dance at the #7 seed.
Man, I'm tired of being right.