Dark Side of Football

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just saw this vice series on my android box. 6 episodes. Anyone watch this? The episode on players being lied to by team doctors and being jacked up on painkillers is a good one. One story of a former Saints player who had a broken leg and they were trying to force him to play...Sean Payton is such a scumbag..but maybe a lot of coaches are like that.

renofox

Reaction score
Just saw this vice series on my android box. 6 episodes. Anyone watch this? The episode on players being lied to by team doctors and being jacked up on painkillers is a good one. One story of a former Saints player who had a broken leg and they were trying to force him to play...Sean Payton is such a scumbag..but maybe a lot of coaches are like that.
Did they make mention of Easley and his ?Advil? issue that destroyed his kidneys?

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
The late Peter Gent described all this in his book 'North Dallas 40' 50 years ago, and nothing has changed.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s worse given the volume of money involved. Probably some real interesting NDAs
True. I don't think I can fully grasp the level of injury week to week these guys go through. They're trying to stay on the field , keep their jobs while dealing with stuff that most people (including me) wouldn't dream of dealing with. Broken fingers , ACL, pulled muscles, rotator cuffs , concussion protocol etc ..

But it's their livelihood and sometimes they have a lot of people depending on them . Has anyone here ever had to deal with turf toe?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
True. I don't think I can fully grasp the level of injury week to week these guys go through. They're trying to stay on the field , keep their jobs while dealing with stuff that most people (including me) wouldn't dream of dealing with. Broken fingers , ACL, pulled muscles, rotator cuffs , concussion protocol etc ..

But it's their livelihood and sometimes they have a lot of people depending on them . Has anyone here ever had to deal with turf toe?
Turf toe looks like what a turkey might look like after getting gang banged by a group of polar bears.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
Binged the series...pretty cool. (y)

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Been watching that one since it came out and it's pretty corporate like in every way , treatments and lies and aggression in every other direction than to the brand so yeah , if ya haven't seen it , it's on Hulu and others I believe

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Been watching that one since it came out and it's pretty corporate like in every way , treatments and lies and aggression in every other direction than to the brand so yeah , if ya haven't seen it , it's on Hulu and others I believe
I had similar thoughts...if it were real dark side let's see episodes on guys like Jovan Belcher, Jeff Alm etc. Besides shitting on a couple coaches the shield wasn't questioned.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I had similar thoughts...if it were real dark side let's see episodes on guys like Jovan Belcher, Jeff Alm etc. Besides shitting on a couple coaches the shield wasn't questioned.
I took your post literally for some reason.
"Why would he shit on a coach?"

Some people are into that you know 😁