Darrell Bevell.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's OK with me if Bevell says the Denver defense "could've been stronger to the ball", or even taunted them by crooning Elvis, "I can't help... scoring again, on you..."

morgulon1

Reaction score
I am assuming here, the first couple years of Wilson's NFL career, he might have been more coachable? Once he won the ring, he came into his own
I see it the same way. His hunger for knowledge , " the separation is in the preparation" and all the corny phrases.
He had "made it" in his mind and didn't need Pete telling him anything.

bileever

Reaction score
It's interesting to note that Darrell Bevell was one of Mike McDaniel's first hires. Although he's not the OC, it's significant that the NFL's new genius McDaniel thought that Bevell was who he wanted to tutor Tua and organize the passing game. McDaniel's choice of Frank Smith as OC was interesting, too, since Smith isn't from the Shanahan or McVay coaching tree but a protege of Sean Payton, John Fox and John Gruden. He also has Wes Welker as the receivers coach.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I see it the same way. His hunger for knowledge , " the separation is in the preparation" and all the corny phrases.
He had "made it" in his mind and didn't need Pete telling him anything.

I don't think he was ever seriously interested in improving his craft. It was all performative. All of it. I read that he was like that in college too.

All performative. No substance.

Looking back, his knobslobbing of Bradshaw in the '13 NFC Championship during the trophy presentation was weird. That sort of thing, he always either did with cameras around, or made sure to tell someone about it. Like the conversation he had with Bradly Chubb in the locker room regarding the trade rumors swirling around last season. He had to tell the media about it because he thinks it shows him in a good light.

He never led by example. All performative.

toffee

Reaction score
It's interesting to note that Darrell Bevell was one of Mike McDaniel's first hires. Although he's not the OC, it's significant that the NFL's new genius McDaniel thought that Bevell was who he wanted to tutor Tua and organize the passing game. McDaniel's choice of Frank Smith as OC was interesting, too, since Smith isn't from the Shanahan or McVay coaching tree but a protege of Sean Payton, John Fox and John Gruden. He also has Wes Welker as the receivers coach.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. So Bevell wasn't hired by the OC but by the HC before the OC was even hired.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't think he was ever seriously interested in improving his craft. It was all performative. All of it. I read that he was like that in college too.

All performative. No substance.

Looking back, his knobslobbing of Bradshaw in the '13 NFC Championship during the trophy presentation was weird. That sort of thing, he always either did with cameras around, or made sure to tell someone about it. Like the conversation he had with Bradly Chubb in the locker room regarding the trade rumors swirling around last season. He had to tell the media about it because he thinks it shows him in a good light.

He never led by example. All performative.
200%

This is what a small group of us has been saying for years . He's a fake ass cornball . Look at old footage of him trying to sound cool on the sideline before a game. Forced ,and thought out beforehand. Many games during their run were very close AND THIS IS WITH the Legion and Beast. Me3 never took games over like the top QBs could. The Seahawks won in spite of him at times.
He was lucky to be there when he was.

We are blessed to have Geno Smith.

bileever

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing. So Bevell wasn't hired by the OC but by the HC before the OC was even hired.
I think Frank Smith the OC may have been hired before Bevell, but McDaniel was the one who wanted Bevell and he was hired just after Smith. I mean Bevell was hired by the Dolphins on February 6th, and he hired Bevell on February 15th. Here's the best article I could find on the timing:

hedgehawk

Reaction score
200%

This is what a small group of us has been saying for years . He's a fake ass cornball . Look at old footage of him trying to sound cool on the sideline before a game. Forced ,and thought out beforehand. Many games during their run were very close AND THIS IS WITH the Legion and Beast. Me3 never took games over like the top QBs could. The Seahawks won in spite of him at times.
He was lucky to be there when he was.

We are blessed to have Geno Smith.
There were few of us that started calling Russell trash. We took a beat down. It was easy to see though. We couldn’t use the middle of the field like every team. 3 just never had that in him. It didn’t matter who our coordinator was. Bevell got the most he could have with a limited QB.

morgulon1

Reaction score
There were few of us that started calling Russell trash. We took a beat down. It was easy to see though. We couldn’t use the middle of the field like every team. 3 just never had that in him. It didn’t matter who our coordinator was. Bevell got the most he could have with a limited QB.
He was best when he was in shape and willing to scramble for a first down keeping defenses off balance . The team was successful and Mr unliiiiiiimited thought it was his doing . He wanted to be a classic NFL drop back passer breaking records ,getting MVP votes , notoriety on his way to a gold jacket.
What a cosmic bitch slap that must've been. He went through how many coordinators in Seattle ? I don't think it was the coaches , it was an undersized
limited QB unwilling to evolve , take his craft seriously .and thought he could coast on his raw "talent" .

toffee

Reaction score

I think what went down between Pete, Bevell, Schotty, Waldron and Wilson could make a mini series, in the last episode for first season, Wilson tried to force the ownership to replace Pete with Sean Payton. Opening episode for 2nd season would be that Monday Night Football, lol, then fast forward to the 70-20 in Miami.

Which actor should play Wilson?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
He was best when he was in shape and willing to scramble for a first down keeping defenses off balance . The team was successful and Mr unliiiiiiimited thought it was his doing . He wanted to be a classic NFL drop back passer breaking records ,getting MVP votes , notoriety on his way to a gold jacket.
What a cosmic bitch slap that must've been. He went through how many coordinators in Seattle ? I don't think it was the coaches , it was an undersized
limited QB unwilling to evolve , take his craft seriously .and thought he could coast on his raw "talent" .
When he didn’t change when we brought Schottenheimer in, I was done with Russ, he’s just not going to change. He didn’t blow the owl and we came up short on the 2nd one. Such is life. I don’t think Russell knows how well he had it here. Is there anyone that picks Russ over Geno right now?

toffee

Reaction score
When he didn’t change when we brought Schottenheimer in, I was done with Russ, he’s just not going to change. He didn’t blow the owl and we came up short on the 2nd one. Such is life. I don’t think Russell knows how well he had it here. Is there anyone that picks Russ over Geno right now?
No me, I won't pick Russ over Geno. But PFF did, they are ranking Russ ahead of Geno.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
No me, I won't pick Russ over Geno. But PFF did, they are ranking Russ ahead of Geno.
Well that ranking makes zero sense. Russ hasn’t progressed for years, he has gotten worse. Some of us said this and were attacked viciously. Geno is a better QB today than RW is. Probably was the whole time, but didn’t have a QB guru like Pete to bring him along. RW shit his bed, woke up wondering what stinks, realized he crapped himself, and then blamed the dog.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I think what went down between Pete, Bevell, Schotty, Waldron and Wilson could make a mini series, in the last episode for first season, Wilson tried to force the ownership to replace Pete with Sean Payton. Opening episode for 2nd season would be that Monday Night Football, lol, then fast forward to the 70-20 in Miami.

Which actor should play Wilson?
Hahahaha. Cuba Gooding Jr 🤔

Latest posts