Darrell Taylor

Polk738

Reaction score
I think this was his best game of the season, I know he's made some boneheaded plays and was very absent from most games this season but I did like what I saw today, I strongly believe that he still has great potential in this defense if the team gets a serious game wrecker in the middle of that line.

renofox

Reaction score
I think this was his best game of the season, I know he's made some boneheaded plays and was very absent from most games this season but I did like what I saw today, I strongly believe that he still has great potential in this defense if the team gets a serious game wrecker in the middle of that line.
He is still learning to adjust to this brilliant scheme where he immediately rushes the passer on only about 10% of his snaps.

getnasty

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor in a obvious pass situation is a good player. Darrell Taylor when he has to play the run is not a good player. Today he was just able to pin his ears back. One of the benefits from playing with a lead.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I remember the Seahawks used to try to get the lead and force the other team to pass so that Clemons, Avril and Bennett could hunt.

What is so hard about being more aggressive to start games so that the finish is easier and more predictable?

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
He is still learning to adjust to this brilliant scheme where he immediately rushes the passer on only about 10% of his snaps.

I'd say at this point it's a bad scheme for all players, I noticed the run defense got better when Jordan Brooks went out-I highly doubt THAT is a coincidence

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Teams really haven’t had to pass the ball much. It’s a little hard to evaluate when the defense is getting run over by any and all rb’s

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
It seemed like they switched to a 4-3 after Brooks was injured.

I thought our outside Linebackers were impressive. Darrell Taylor had an awesome day and Uchenna Nwosu has been fantastic all year!

Boycie

Reaction score
I remember the Seahawks used to try to get the lead and force the other team to pass so that Clemons, Avril and Bennett could hunt.

What is so hard about being more aggressive to start games so that the finish is easier and more predictable?
if only we had a bunch of all pros on rookie deals again!

Jville

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor in a obvious pass situation is a good player. Darrell Taylor when he has to play the run is not a good player. Today he was just able to pin his ears back. One of the benefits from playing with a lead.
To date, Darrell Taylor's production (pluses and minuses) during his first 2 years is very similar to that of Frank Clark during his first 2 years with the Seahawks.

nwHawk

Reaction score
if only we had a bunch of all pros on rookie deals again!
True, but you realize Avril, Bennett and Clemons weren’t on rookie deals at that time. Team balance is important.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It seemed like they switched to a 4-3 after Brooks was injured.

I thought our outside Linebackers were impressive. Darrell Taylor had an awesome day and Uchenna Nwosu has been fantastic all year!
No they were still using the 3-4 and 2-4-5 quite a bit

Spohawks

Reaction score
Admittedly I am a bit frustrated but I think the whole D-Line needs to go.

Flashes of excellence every 4th game from a player doesn't do it for me anymore...and I feel thats all we are getting from every D-lineman.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seriously? Who will you replace them with?
We have a new DC implementing a new defense, and everybody wants to cut every player on defense. Even after a win.

We all knew that this team was rebuilding the defense after being stuck in cap hell with BWagz and RW.
And unlike the 49ers, we haven't sucked so much that we were able to draft Nick Bosa at #2 overall, or get all those other elite DLinemen early in the 1st.
If we go 9-8, this season is a success. We were supposed to be 5-12.

Scout

Reaction score
If the Hawks can add two game wreckers up front I think the rest of the front seven can feast.

getnasty

Reaction score
To date, Darrell Taylor's production (pluses and minuses) during his first 2 years is very similar to that of Frank Clark during his first 2 years with the Seahawks.
Hopefully i didn't come across as a hater. I love the potential of DT. I think all of our edge rushers would be much better if they some tackle that good get a little push too. Probably why i perfer Carter over Anderson in the draft.

Jville

Reaction score
Hopefully i didn't come across as a hater. I love the potential of DT. I think all of our edge rushers would be much better if they some tackle that good get a little push too. Probably why i perfer Carter over Anderson in the draft.
Your post was spot on. (y)

Two gap linemen is where the roster came out way too thin. Al Woods can't do it alone. If Hurtt wants to run a lot of 34 base and 24 nickle, two gap linemen will be the pressing need be for the next (2023) season.

getnasty

Reaction score
Your post was spot on. (y)

Two gap linemen is where the roster came out way too thin. Al Woods can't do it alone. If Hurtt wants to run a lot of 34 base and 24 nickle, two gap linemen will be the pressing need be for the next (2023) season.
Do you see anyone that catches your eye in free agency? Talking inside guys here.